Posts by PANiCnz

PANiCnz If using the official nightlies you can either use the "box" image with the correct dtb named in uEnv.ini written to USB - this uses the internal SPI u-boot which will find our boot files, or you can use the "lafrite" image which uses extlinux boot config and our own u-boot. The C2/K2 extlinux images will not boot on LaFrite; the C2/K2 are GXBB devices and LaFrite is GXL, so the device-specific u-boot 'fip' sources are not compatible. Note that the 512MB LaFrite board will boot but Kodi will not start due to the current CMA allocation in device-tree/kernel. If you search the forums there's a thread where another 512MB board user figured out some tweaked settings that allow Kodi to run - and he is sharing his images.

Thanks chewitt! I am successfully running the official nightlies. What's the difference between the nightlies and balbes150's build? Should I expect smooth video playback with the nightlies? or is the code still too new?

Should the AMLGX image work with the La Frite? Have been using the Amlogic nightly successfully but they're no longer being publish.

Have flash the USB drive successfully, and changed the uEnv file to reference the correct DTB file, but the La Frite just keeps cycling through its boot process and wont boot off the USB drive.

1. would you guys recommend giving back the NUC7CJYH (with 4GB Single Channel) and getting the NUC7PJYH (with the J5005 + 8GB Dual Channel)?

What i want is: fluid skin (no animations necessary), hardware decoding of h.264 and h.265, some streaming addons mostly in 1080p (youtube, etc.). That should work

Not sure you'll see any tangible difference going from the J4005 to the J5005, so if you wnat to upgrade go for at least an i3 or i5. In saying that an upgrade shouldn't be necessary, all Gemini Lake chips should do 4k and 1080p H264 and H265 fine. I wouldn't worry too much about CPU utilization when watching video.

Thanks for sharing. Recently bought a Gemini Lake ITX board so this is helpful.

Just upgraded my Pi4 from 9.1.001 to 9.1.002 and am having issues with video playback. Experiencing the issue with both offline media and TVH playback.

When I start a video I get a black screen with no video, but the audio plays. If stop the video etc I can successfully return to the Kodi menu etc.

I'm having no end of issues dumping the Kodi logs, will continue to try and extract them. This issue has only happened after the upgrade, no issues with the previous 9.1.001 install.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a LibreELEC image for the La Frite sbc? Or alternatively offer any insight into when/if an image might be possible?

The Libre Computer wiki links to the following site, but it errors out with a 404 erorr ;(