Posts by vamp

That's interesting, and you're sure that #0226 is stable? There's not much change in the #0305 firmware, but popcornmix will know for sure.

Can you confirm the device you have - is it RPi2 or RPi3B? I'm assuming it's not a RPi3B+ based on the versions you have been testing. Edit: You've already said it is RPi2

Just to be sure there's nothing non-firmware involved, can you also test the individual builds between #0226 and #0305 (ie. #0227, #0228, #0301, #0302, #0303 and #0304) and confirm that they are all stable - if any of them start rebooting then it's not exclusively a firmware issue.

I appreciate this is a lot of tedious, slow work but hopefully it will prove fruitful in the end!

Mario77 if you still have your RPi2 are you able to confirm that #0305 reboots, and #0226 is stable?

Hi milhouse

I tested all daily builds that you suggest me. All stable, no reboot.

What is the next step?

Sure:

Today i watch about 2 hour movie constantly and no random reboot ( #0620 + #0226 firmware files)

Tomorrow i will test remaining builds.

Now i finish the test. It no restart ( #0620 + #0226 firmware files)

What do you think milhouse it is possible to create a test release that include the latest firmware, but not include this changes?

Code
    Firmware (Mar 5):
    firmware: dtoverlay: Also allow fragment-<n> in overlays
    firmware: i2c_gpio: Optimise and run clients faster

Now i try to test daily builds:(#0227, #0228, #0301, #0302, #0303 #0304)

Hi milhouse

Now i tried a another thing. I copy the latest working firmware files (#0226) to most recent build that you link (#0313 ) Now i watched a movie about 1 hour and this build working like a charm! (no reboot)

I copy these files:

Code
    /flash/bootcode.bin
    /flash/fixup.dat
    /flash/start.elf

My next plan, to copy this firmware to latest test build ( #0620)

If it working and no reboot, i think it is sure the the problem is only the firmware.

After i test this, i try the other daily builds that you link me.

Hello there,

milhouse

I think i found the "dividing line"

I tested this builds:

From #0313 to #0305. all builds is random restart maximum 10-15 min after that i start the movie. On the #0226 i watched about 1 hour without problem. No restart.

So i think the problem between #0305-#0226

Mario77 This fix is working!!!!

I copy your mentioned file to 8.2.5 and i watch a movie about 1 hour without any problem!!

milhouse It help you or other dev to investigate the bug?

milhouse Thanks the deep answer!

I use a 5V, 2.1A power supply. Now, i changed a 5V 2.5A power supply (a tablet charger) but it do the same (random restart)

Other info: I try to OSMC, only install plex for kodi and update to the latest version. It do the the exactly same thing!

So it maybe a kernel and/or Kodi Issue?

Yes, i try to the latest 18 beta, and if reboot, i paste the error log here. ( i do this sometime next week)

Mario77

I will try your method, if this solve the issue, i think it is a very big help the devs to investigate the problem!

Now i do a full reinstall, format SD etc... Install latest stable Libreelec (8.2.5) and not install PlexKodiConnect, now i try Plex for Kodi..

The result is totally same... It restart about 10 min later, than i watch a movie...

After, i try to downgrade 2.8.3, but it restart when i download the update(!!!)... try it again, now it is finish downgradeing and i working without problem with plex for kodi addon....

I dont understand... It happen both of differnent addon (i really dont install any other one!)

The strangest, that not report any other people this problem...

I thinking that is a hardware fault, but i dont know, why working normally with 8.2.3 version??

smp the RAM overclocking changed from 8.2.3 to 8.2.4?