Posts by SSC_Jarod

Hi, any news on the external subtitles bug via smb share on Minix U9?

This Bug exists on any of mine boxes (H96, Beelink GT1,...) ...thinks its a bug in the build at the moment ... i made a workaround til its solved. Change the path for Subtitles from "with video" to a folder on your SD Card on "storage" e.g. "SUBS". Then its works again. Its not the final solution, but i can watch my tv-series from the US with subtitles again.

Take a look in the directory where the .mkv or witchever format the movie is. Is there a folder with subtitles?! Or is there a file with .srt? Cause i had this in 2-3 movies to, with freezes and reboot of kodi. If you delete the srt or the subs folder, you must have a go. As you know there is a bug with subtitles if they are stored within the movie or tv-series folder. If you must download subs, change the path within kodi from "with video" to a folder on your SD-Card, then it works find.

Greetz,

J

Hi,

my boxes S905x and S912 played 3d mkv movies without a problem sbs or hou. Also a Raspberry 3 at my parents house plays 3D without any problem.

Cheers,

J.

Hi,

I installed your build and everything works fine besides the subtitles. If i wan to load them, i takes ca. 1 minute before they appear (bsplayer, opensubtitlrs, subscene) and if i load them screen freezes ca 1 minute, than go back to main menu. If i change the folder for the subs to the local SD card, instead „with the video on my server“ its been loading and displayed. If a tvshow still has subs saved on my server, it shows the same freeze behavior. On my S905 and the „normal“ S912 Kzaq build everything is loaded fine and displayed. I have a beelink ultimate 3 gig.

thank you for workaround. Will test it tomorrow. After Easter Holiday :)

UPDATE: Work like charm, after changing the ID in emu.cfg - THANKS!!!!!! :)

Hi niabi or someone who had the same issue. I have the 1.8.4 running on my s905x. Everything works like charm, except the Dreamcast Emu. I've the bios and all as .cdi files games. But when I start a game, only the screen where you can change the date/time appears and I can do anything. Nothing is responding to my controller inputs (xbox360). Do I miss something? Thx for help.

What box are you using ?

can you SSH to the box and do :

Code
    dmesg | paste
    cat /storage/.emulationstation/es_log.txt | paste
    systemctl status emustation | paste
    journalctl -r | paste

and send me the links

i would ssh to the box, but don’t know the ip Adress... but nevertheless, i installed a extNFS Filesystem Tool from Paragon on my MAC and could now read/write the ext Partition of the SD Card and put a rom in NES Folder and bootet the card in my 905x 2GB new and than everything worked fine.

Hi there,

wrote the image on a SD-Card, but after the controller installation it hangs on the ES Screen loading. Goes shortly black and then comes the ES Screen with loading (like a boot loop), where normally comes "Cant found no images". So I can't do a ssh on the box. Is there a quick workaround to fix it?!

Greetz,

J.

I am not sure if this can be done :/

what version where you running before? 8.3?

Another option is to do a backup of Kodi and then restore it when you re install? you can also copy the whole /storage directory and restore it.

hi,

i was on your last think 1.8.2. I made a test yesterday. Cloned my sd card and wrote your img on another empty card. After that i take the whole files on "Flash" from the new sd card and copied all files (system, kernel, img)to the "Flash" on my old sd card. And it worked. The old sd card bootet normaly and in kodi it says 1.8.4. I am right that the UPDATES are only in files KERNEL and SYSTEM?!?! And these are the only NEW files? Cause if i updated the right way and put the update file in .updates, on the screen always comes the message that he is copying KERNEL AND SYSTEM.

Greetings,

J

Just place the img.gz, but please make a backup of your SD before you update I am not 100% this will go without a problem. it shouldn't as not many things on LE have changed from 8.2 to 8.3 but you never know.

Hello niabi,

this seems to work BUT I ran into another problem, that the "flash" partition is to small for update. The installer says that there is no place, to end the update. If I look I see that Flash ist 100% full. Is there a chance to resize it OR can I only manual install the system and kernel file via copy?

Greetz,

J.

Have you reboot your box after changing these settings?! Sometimes i´ve to do it. Try select on picture 1 the HDMI output.

Hi,

to the mounting problem i found these. But i ve not tested yet. But i will, cause i have my roms also on a linux Network Server. This is a string for the FSTAB - so its stays connected after a reboot. Hope this helps IF cifs is installad on libreelec :o

Code
    //192.168.X.X/roms /media/roms/ cifs defaults,noauto,nofail,username=youruser,passwd=yourpassword,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target 0 0