Posts by Shermer321

Try setting Audio output configuration to "Fixed" in Settings>System>Audio and maybe more importantly Settings>Video>Player>Prefer Default Audio Steams to "ON"

Tried fixed mode and default audio streams was always on. Same issue. It's weird, It happens on some channels more than others. Just worried about the SuperBowl and the audio cutting out via a commercial then the video stalls to recover itself. Is there any way to have a buffer through TVHeadEnd and Kodi?

I have the same thing (not the buffer but the audio dropouts). It may be caused by different audio signals the commercials are using. While watching a movie via Live-TV my AVR shows DolbyDigital for me. The commercials are analog signals which let the AVR switch to DolbyProLogic IIx and that causes the audio drop outs for me. A thing I can live with.

Should that even happen if the audio stream isn't passed through? The format should stay the same. So when the audio drops out for you, how long til it comes back? Does the video hiccup at all to reestablish the audio stream?

I have the latest Kypton build Kodi 17 RC3 running on a M004U Chromebox. I am also using TVHeadEnd on a seperate virtual machine running Trusty Tahr and TVHeadEnd server 4.1.2402. When watching any TV show the streams are rock solid. My problem happens when the program goes to commercials. When a commercial changes, it sometimes will cause the audio to drop out, then 5 seconds later the buffer numbers appear, the video stalls, then everything comes back. It has been an issue since I started and always thought an update would fix it.

I uploaded the log below: 01_KODI.log - Google Drive

It happens with and without passthrough, including with and without sync to display. Only thing in advancedsettings is the mysql info.

Below is what seems to happen when it stalls.