Posts by reddevilmeuk

okay after a lot of testing / rebuilding i fixed it.....

so if you have the issue as mentioned above, this is how i fixed it.

1. ensure the PI is in the same workgroup your server is, if not then edit the samba.config file in storage/config dir
    2. reboot the PI
    3. open file manager on the PI add a new source, select SMB and test your workgroup to make sure you can see the server listed
    4. if all your shares are hidden create and share a directory on your windows box
    5. retest step 3 but then but after selecting the server in your workgroup then select the newly created directory
    6. enter a username and password (saving it) and you should be able to now see inside the directory
    7. now open up passwords.xml in storage/.kodi/userdata and you should have

<passwords>
    <path>
    <from pathversion="1">smb://HTPC/</from>
    <to pathversion="1">smb://USERNAME: PASSWORD@HTPC/</to>
    </path>
    </passwords>

8. last step i did was to add the IP also like the following

<passwords>
    <path>
    <from pathversion="1">smb://HTPC/</from>
    <to pathversion="1">smb://USERNAME: PASSWORD@HTPC/</to> ( no space between : and P, put them together and you get :P )
    </path>
    <path>
    <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.50/</from>
    <to pathversion="1">smb://USERNAME: PASSWORD@HTPC/</to>
    </path>
    </passwords>

9. reboot and voila all the pics are now there and all files play as they should

;)

thanks for the reply how weird..... my settings are very similar, using IP not hostname, advancedsetings nearly the same, wait 10 seconds on startup etc etc

i did notice though that I only rebooted the PI via SSH and not a full powercycle as mentioned in the thread, i'll give that a go....
    [hr]
    no still the same, it can traverse the file structure but not download play any content..... even tried changing the timeout to 30 but nothing :(

also disabled the FW on the sharedDB box