Posts by pawnthep

While I'm waiting for my S905X devel box to be delivered (ordered yesterday thanks to a few kind donations, will take some time to arrive), can you guys test a next build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d.img.gz

This one has a slightly reworked boot procedure following an advice from   balbes150 to rely on partition labels instead of mmcblk numbers.

Tested on Nexbox A95X (S905X 2/16gb)
    - test booting (3-4 times) from sd card --- so far no problems

Thanks

Hi, escalade

I really appreciate using Chrome on LE with your build. But sometimes, I don't know what I did wrong, Chrome will not start and it can't start ever again.

I tried ssh with code -- docker pull escalade1/arch-chrome, but it only shows that "Image is up to date for escalade1/arch-chrome:latest."

In fact, this occurs to me many times, I can only fix it with fresh installation. So my questions:

- How can I fix this without fresh installation?
    - Is it possible to use your Chrome on normal LE generic build? (I'm sorry if this is inappropriate for trying to use your work in other build. I did tred it once by installing docker addon first, then pull your arch-chrome but it didn't works.)

Thanks.

pawnthep Here's yet another try at universal S905/X build, please test: s905x-test5

kszaq

This build is working great but with a minor problem. At first initialized, everything goes smoothly.

- But sometimes it still gets the same error screen (SH: can't access tty job...)
    - It happens randomly both when rebooting from NAND (with Pulsar's LE build installed) to sd card or rebooting from sd card (your build) to sd card, even from powering it off and on.

I will keep playing your build and report back if there is anything new.

Thanks for your support.

Ps. Do I still need to delete dtb.img from the sd card before first boot?

pawnthep Can you re-confirm that "test3" version does not boot on your box? The best would be if you can re-download that version and test agian:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160825131726-r23297-g5b935ef.img.gz
    I'm asking for this because Pulsar reported that it worked for him on the same box.

Now that you have Pulsar's build on NAND you can test my builds from SD card without fear of bricking - no toothpicking should be needed.

If and only if "test3" version doesn't work for you, please try "test4": LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160826080343-r23298-g47a986c.img.gz

I would prefer if "test3" worked as "test4" has a little hack to probably make it work.

kszaq

I re-downloaded and installed with test3 build. It boots to Kodi finally but with some errors.

- At initialized process, after about 2 minutes, it stuck at screen filled with many texts ended with error line. (like the one that I reported earlier Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet)
    - After power-off and on again, now it can boot to Kodi with welcome screen.
    - After that sometimes when reboot (or boot after power it offf), it stuck at the same error again. (about 5 out of 10 times that I tried).

With test4 build, it seems never get to initilaze at all. Only show error line instantly. ("sh: can't access tty....")

BTW, when boot to Kodi succesfully, everything seems to works OK (eg. wifi 5ghz, bluetooth, original remote, cec.)

Thanks.

I'm hesitating to buy a neobox 95X, I wonder how it can handle DTS, DTS_MA and DTS-ATMO. Also it seems to have no optical output, right? Thanks in advance.

I can't test with hd-audio because I only use it with TV.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't think Nexbox is a good buying either. But since I already bought one, so it's good enough that it can get LE installed finally.

If I didn't buy this, I might have got C2 instead due to many firmwares well supported (Ubuntu, Android, LE etc.)

I think pulsar mentioned somewhere else a quick&dirt workaround for the missing recovery switch: assuming you have a working android running, put a fakeupdate.zip file (empty file is ok) on sdcard, then launch the UPDATE app. The update app will issue a reboot with "update" as argument. Then u-boot will parse reboot arg, for "update" (and for "cold_boot") it will run recovery.img or aml_autoscript. But, you should already have done it at least one time, to launch kszaq image first time, or did you used another method?

Btw for backup all partitions, i just used the RootBrowser app already installed by nexbox, can't read /dev/block but can read /dev/block/platform/d0074000.emmc/

You're right. I did update with fakeupdate.zip file to try install kazaq's build (7.0.2.006) but with no success. After that I can succeed with Pulsar build. And now with NAND installed as well.

[hr]

Just installed my build on my A95X's NAND flash - working great. Did also test power off and power on via IR remote control, no issues here. So it appears to be safe (at least on the A95X) to install that build on the NAND flash.

It works for me too. (Nexbox A95X, 2/16 gb version)

Just installed your build on NAND and it's working great. Booting speed is very good too.

Thanks.

I did not use toothpick again? Is that important? I used toothpick method only once with pulsars image, then dd'd kszaq's image to my sdcard, put it in again and waited to boot again which my box did well.

My box doesn't has reset button in AV port, so toothpick method is not an option for me.

But it boots directly from sd card either with Pulsar or kszaq build. Only Pulsar build is working though.

Works for me :)
    Even power off works with this one

Still not working with mine (Nexbox A95X). But with different error screen, please see Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

[hr]

For the brave ones who want to try installing my builds onto the NAND, this might come handy: http://www.memoryleaks.org/libreelec.tv/twrp/

Please be aware, that this TWRP recovery image is rather hacked together (LibreELEC). I have tested the backup feature which seems to produce correct archives but I did not actually try to restore such a backup. It could potentially have issues due to SELinux-Foo. Unlikely, but possible.

Do I have to flash this TWRP with flashing tool? Or just write image file to sd card and boot from it?

This is just for backing up android stock firmware for recovery in case of bricking it, right?

Just installed this new build on sd card. It's working great. So far no problems at all.

My box is Nexbox A95X (S905X, 2gb/16gb)
    - wifi 5ghz ok
    - 2 usb ports ok
    - bluetooth ok
    - tvheadend server with Mygica T230 usb-dvb-t2 ok

Has anyone try install this on NAND yet? I'd really like to do that but being afraid of bricking it due to not having tools to unbrick.

In case I try install on NAND and brick, will it still be possible to boot from sd card?

pulsar, Thanks a lot.