Posts by slacker666

Regarding PCSX2, it seems the repo I use for the container has advanced SIMD instructions enabled, so you're out of luck with your Sempron.

The ES warning is simply a warning, scraping should still work. I've added the missing tags and fixed genesis in my tree though, doing rebuilds now.

Ah, pity but thanks for the update!

Scraping works, but it's very inaccurate, it finds covers for nearly all platforms the game has been released on.

slacker666

Give the new generic image a spin, I fixed the shutdown option. Also do a docker pull escalade1/arch-pcsx2 to get the latest PCSX2 container. I might add Citra yes, but leaving for holiday a couple of weeks so not in the near future.

Didn't work either I'm afraid, still get the traps in pcsx2.sh:
    "[ 95.509709] traps: PCSX2[1508] trap invalid opcode ip:5664282c sp:ffc897d0 error:0 in PCSX2[565aa000+5e0000]"

But the shutdown from within ES works!

@Liquidmercury

After an update I don't seem to have the Genesis section either any more, plus ES scraper is warning that "some of your selected systems do not have a platform set."

I did notice this in your journal which would explain no log, it seems to crash:

Jan 15 22:13:33 LibreELEC kernel: traps: PCSX2[1058] trap invalid opcode ip:56652833 sp:fff4bf20 error:0 in PCSX2[565ec000+559000]

Also lots of this in the Sway log:

mesa: st_get_external_sampler_key: unhandled pipe format 2

I'll push out a clean new generic image probably over the night, then you can test that. I'll also update the Arch container to get the latest Mesa, PCSX2 and dependencies, that might help. My image is bleeding edge everything, and the container OS is somewhat old.

Thnx a bunch, I'll do that!

Also, are you planning to add Citra/support for Nintendo 3DS in your generic version?

One last thing, when entering menu in ES, it is not possible to shutdown system, it just restarts ES again.

I don't mean to be rude, but is your google not working? :) Nobody said anything about a ps2 subfolder, don't create unnecessary obstacles.

Anyway, here's what I got:

Code
    # md5sum SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.*
    dc752f160044f2ed5fc1f4964db2a095  SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.BIN
    9feb1fdeadd6232a13b95e60b34ccef9  SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.EROM
    5195b9111609959d3a20e2fb9527edbd  SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.NVM
    82dc50fa18e636850f557c4ea66c7bfd  SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM1
    82dc50fa18e636850f557c4ea66c7bfd  SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM2
    3faf7c064a4984f53e2ef5e80ed543bc  SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.mec
    03792b108de92f9fa1d65956dc5f0d54  SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.nvm

No rudeness taken ;)

And I did a md5sum check on my files too which are the same as yours and put them in "/storage/roms/bios" - but the game won't start nonetheless.

Trying to run "/usr/bin/pcsx2.sh" from terminal just gives me this:

LibreELEC:/usr/bin # pcsx2.sh /storage/roms/ps2/game.iso

LIBREELEC_ARCH="Generic.x86_64"

LIBREELEC_PROJECT="Generic"

LibreELEC:/usr/bin #

the varlog.txt doesn't give me any info either, so I'm running out of ideas.

is it possible for you to post an es_systems.cfg with the appropiate entries for the genesis emulator for the generic build?

Here's mine:

Code
    <system>
    <name>megadrive</name>
    <fullname>Sega Genesis</fullname>
    <path>/storage/roms/megadrive</path>
    <extension>.mdx .md .smd .gen .bin .cue .iso .sms .gg .sg .68k .chd</extension>
    <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.sh /tmp/cores/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
    </system>

You have an out of date es_systems.cfg, possibly from updating between incompatible builds. Copy over the one from /etc/emulationstation.

Excellent, thank you for pointing out this! I did install your old build from 20180820 and updated to Retroelec version above, but forgot to delete es_systems.cfg before updating, appreciate it!

Now I just need to fix the PS2 bios thing, how should they be named and they're stored in /storage/roms/bios I guess (tried creating subdir ps2 to no avail). Currently named SCPH-70004.BIN

slacker666

Hard to say without you posting the relevant logs as described on the first page. The emulationstation log doesn't show anything about what went wrong with the emulator. You should be using retroarch.sh, as it handles zip files, does necessary preparations for launching the emulator and outputs logs to disk. I suppose for PCSX2 you might not have the correct BIOS files. I don't use standalone Dolphin anymore, as the libretro core runs great these days. All the mentioned emulators launch fine here so I'm curious what's going on with your setup. Also please mention which build you are using.

I'm running RetroELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-devel-20200111203939-ea8d1e1.img , it seems like es_systems.cfg is pointing to "retroarch.start", which does not work, changing it to "retroarch.sh" does not work either, only "retroarch" works for nes/snes/gba/genesis and psp.

As for Dolphin, in the es_systems.cfg this is the command used for gamecube (and the same for Wii):

<system>

<name>gc</name>

<fullname>Nintendo Gamecube</fullname>

<path>/storage/roms/gamecube</path>

<extension>.gcm .iso .wbfs .ciso .gcz .elf .dol .dff</extension>

<command>/usr/bin/dolphin.start -e %ROM%</command>

<platform>gc</platform>

It would seem as if the generic x86_x64 version would need an update regarding this? Not using libretro core but the standalone rather?

I have copied PS2 bios files but maybe they're named wrong, cause it still doesn't work. I will investigate further in this matter.

This is the output from retroarch, not sure if you want any other logs (taken from varlog from the zipped file in Logfiles):

There is, but seems I forgot to add a platform for it in es_systems.cfg. I've uploaded a new build with that added, but after updating you'll need to add it to your local /storage/.config/es_systems.cfg, you can see the new addition in /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg.

I get this error when trying to launch a game I believe:

So I assume there's another pathway for retroarch.start?

edit again:

changed to the executable I could find:

still no success though as you can see I guess.

Edit again:

Ok I figure it out, I had to change es_settings.cfg to use "retroarch" instead of "retroarch.start", then the game would launch. This only applies to nes, snes, genesis and gba though. mame, n64 , ps2 and psp still behaves the same as before; the "sway" background shows for a sec and then quits back to ES without game launching.

These are the errors I get when trying to launch mame or ps2 (for which i ran the pcsx2.sh file in terminal and it downloaded the docker):

(the same also occurs on gamecube & Wii, don't think there's a /usr/bin/dolphin.start exec)

if I instead run the pcsx.sh with %ROM% from terminal, it looks like this:

LibreELEC:/usr/bin # pcsx2.sh /storage/roms/ps2/game.iso

LIBREELEC_ARCH="Generic.x86_64"

LIBREELEC_PROJECT="Generic"

LibreELEC:/usr/bin #

Liquidmercury  Railgun

Try this build: x86-64 – Google Drive

It's compiled with -march=x86-64 like regular LibreELEC. Your mileage may vary with recent generations of nvidia cards though.

Just tried this version and seems like you fixed the scraping issue in ES and also quit to kodi works now so that's great! However, it seems as when I start a game from ES it won't start just exits back to ES in a second (I see "Sway" showing up for a sec), but if I start the very same title from Retroarch it works and I can play. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Thank you in advance!

escalade

were you able to reproduce the errors I am having in ES? Eagerly waiting for an updated version :D Keep up the good work!

Also, not sure if it's my end or not, but in "frontend.conf", I tried using both "emulationstation" and "es" but it would still start into Kodi. Seeing how I cant go back from ES to Kodi it was probably for the better and it could be my setup too I guess, but if you could look into that too maybe?

Feature request: is it possible to get something that Recalbox uses, a web interface for settings (anything from hostname to wifi settings are done there) and upload of roms/bioses etc, see below for an example:recalbox-web.png

Also, they boot into a modified version of ES where you press "X" on your gamepad to launch Kodi, very nifty. Just two ideas which you can send to /dev/null if it's too much work/not applicable.

Thank you in advance!

This build uses Pulseaudio. In case you've got several outputs and the connected one isn't auto-detected, you need to set the default with something like this:

# pactl set-default-source alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1f.3.hdmi-stereo.monitor

Obviously you shouldn't update to a different OS, I'll remove the hardcoded menu entry in RetroArch that makes it possible. As for the ES issues, I'll have a look at it.

Yeah I figured that was a bad move, but at first I thought it would only update Retroarch itself and not the entire OS.

Great, thanks a lot!

escalade finally got around to install your build two days ago, installing was no issue, but if i started a game from Emulationstation it wouldn't get any sound. If i started from retroarch it worked fine though (with hw:0,3 audio setting). Also, couldn't scrape games in ES, got the following error "some of your systems do not have a platform set".

Couldn't import games in Retroarch either and it seems to be based on Lakka, so when I updated Retroarch/Lakka it updated the whole OS :p
    Lastly, I couldn't go back to Kodi once I launched ES, if I chose Shutdown Emulationstation it would just start again.