Posts by Nekromantik

Yes this is optimal but dont you still have the issue with the AVR showing no display until you switch back and forth on the inputs?

On my Pi 5 and Denon AVR even on 1080p 60hz I get the issue.

The temporary workaround was switching refresh rate to 30hz.

I'm not sure, NFS scan in the log is erratic to me. Just try, and go back to the original, if it doesn't work.

Another thing is this:

Code
    2024-01-31 17:55:50.418 T:1039    debug <general>: NFS: Connected to server 192.168.1.200 and export /mnt/user/Stuff
    2024-01-31 17:55:50.418 T:1039    debug <general>: NFS Server max read chunksize (1048576) is bigger than client setting - Using client value 131072
    2024-01-31 17:55:50.418 T:1039    debug <general>: NFS Server max write chunksize (1048576) is bigger than client setting - Using client value 131072
    2024-01-31 17:55:50.418 T:1039    debug <general>: NFS: chunks: r/w 131072/131072

So play with <chunksize> at advancedsettings.xml.

removing those did not help.

this is only happening on rpi5. on nuc its fine with all existing settings and set-up.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Ok will do

The NFS client defaults to NFSv4, is that going to work for your NFS server?

Yes my server uses NFS4 as NUC running LE also used v4 and worked fine.

Nope, with current firmware the board is either off or on; there are no suspend like states where something could remain powered up to receive CEC or USB input and wake the board. The RP1 chip does support lower power states so that might change over time with firmware updates (not soon though).

ok thanks

I would run the Kodi desktop/GUI at 1080@60 not 4K@30. Use the mode whitelist to permit switching to 4K for media playback when needed but otherwise allow the TV to scale the 1080p skin and 1080p GUI to the panel 4K native resolution using it's native scaling capabilities that do a better job than Kodi and have no load impact on the HTPC device.

NB: The only hardware that doesn't struggle with 4K desktop output is high(er) end Intel CPUs. All ARM boards run the GUI best at 1080p.

Agree thats why we need this fixed so that we dont need to keep UI in 4k 30 just to avoid bug

What happens if you navigate to the power menu and select Power Off, or map S to a key (that's the shortcut to bring up the Power Off menu)?

I've had no problems switching my Pi 5 off via those routes, and then pressing the Pi5's power button (!) switches it back on again!.

There's a config.txt entry you can enter that massively reduces current draw in shutdown (it's not - or wasn't - on by default as it can cause problems with some HATs because of which power is removed and which remains in that mode.)

looks like it was a remote issue

my harmony 600 remote with flirc no longer accepts the commands I had for my NUC