Posts by roel

To be honest, I have already problems with DVD mounting/ejecting with a usb dvd-rom since I started with openelec. I never made a point of it as DVD's are something I seldom use. Only for the kids,but I make a habit of it to rip them immediately and put them on the server. This way I can avoid the kids to see all the "commercials" they have to watch first.

Altough, really of topic, but a strange problem I have all these years is when I put in a DVD, my external usb-drive isn't recognised anymore. For example when a DVD is inserted I can't start a movie that is located on the external hdd. Then I have to eject the DVD and restart LE, only then my external hdd is recognised. I first taught it was a power issue, but I gave the hdd-drive and the DVD-drive a separate power supply, but the issue persist.

Not that I expect it should be solved, the dev's have more important stuff to do that affects more users.

This is his question from OP:

So, here is my question, can we modify the LibreElec parameters to add the SCSI ejection option so that it works directly from the interface?

Or, can we add a shortcut on a joystick to have a SCSI ejection?

Seems he knows it is mounted as SCSI, he asks how he can eject his DVD from the interface when it is mounted as scsi.

jernej seems its parallel. It's certainly not LVDS is this one is not enabled. The fex section describes it as lcd_para so I assume this means parallel. I think this is out of my league but maybe I find a site with some good explanation. I already found this: ST Community

but I'm still confused about this drm/kms stuff.

I see somebody just recently is working on DRM/KMS for LVDS screens on the A20: Re: [linux-sunxi] LVDS screen on Cubieboard 2 (Allwinner A20) via DRM/KMS

jernej seems its parallel. It's certainly not LVDS is this one is not enabled. The fex section describes it as lcd_para so I assume this means parallel. I think this is out of my league but maybe I find a site with some good explanation. I already found this: ST Community

but I'm still confused about this drm/kms stuff.

Anything can run LE if it uses DRM driver and GPU driver which supports GBM interface. You just need to figure how to properly describe LCD panel in device tree. But I'm not right person to help you with that, I don't have experience with any output besides HDMI.

OK, I will see if I can get further with this, I see in the pinephone dtb these lines that refer to the screen:

So probably it will be something regarding dsi. For the moment I don't find a specific A20 dtb for tablets using mainline.

simple-fb (U-Boot initialized screen) is not useful for LibreELEC.

So I have this projector running android on a A20. In the fex file, hdmi is disabled and lcd is enabled. So it seems the projector works through the lcd interface. On the sunxi pages it is mentioned that a custom u-boot should be build and the data in the fex file should be converted to u-boot config. But now you say this will not work on LE because it doesn't us simple-fb? How can I make LE picture through the projector then?

Would you say: don't bother, don't waist your time. Because this would means that LE will not work on any tablet, right?

jernej

it seems to activate a lcd screen it has to happen in uboot. So if I build a new custom uboot, can I use a already flashed image and just dd the new uboot to the sd-card like this:

Code
    dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024 seek=32 

Not quite sure what that does, but here's what looks relevant from A1000 fex file:

OK usbc0 is disabled in the fex. So dtb should be OK. I don't see any differences.

Not sure what's going on.

Probably something with these lines in dtb:

Code
    &usbphy {
    	usb1_vbus-supply = <&reg_usb1_vbus>;
    	usb2_vbus-supply = <&reg_usb2_vbus>;
    	status = "okay";
    };

in most other dtb's it something like this:

Code
    &usbphy {
    	usb0_id_det-gpios = <&pio 7 4 (GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH | GPIO_PULL_UP)>; /* PH4 */
    	usb1_vbus-supply = <&reg_usb1_vbus>;
    	usb2_vbus-supply = <&reg_usb2_vbus>;
    	status = "okay";
    };

Interesting, never heard of that ;)

roel is that projector usable for something or just a toy?

With android it wasn't usable. You had to control it wit a app but the wifi connection with the device was bad. You could, according the specs, also connect a bluetooth remote, but to be honest, I never found a good bluetooth remote. Most bluetooth remotes are a hybrid beween IR and bluetooth. For example, the navigations keys are IR, the special keys are the keyboard are bluetooth. I never understood these remotes. By the way, the bluetooth connection dropped also on regular base. You can find more info on the kickstarter of this device:

"https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beaml…-so/description"

It's not for sale anymore because the company has stopped. It doesn't have usb and sd-card exposed. You have to tear it open, and that's not easy. I have to solder longer power cables as they are really short and I had to cut them to get the mainboard and projector out of the housing. I hope I can manage to put everything back together. I still have to test if LE boots, I still have to solder the power cable and I have little time. It's low on my priority list. I will try the cubieboard image first as I thing the most features are enabled there and I hope the projector is connected with a supported "video output). if this boots, I will search which device has the ampak AP6210 and a supported dtb and see further if this one boots are I have to build a custom dtb with the ampak AP6210 included.

I have this device: KOHOTECH KP100 MB V3.0 - linux-sunxi.org

Somebody knows if there is a dts for it.

I have it already a long time. It runs android 4.4 but it is rather a terrible experience, so last yaer I teared it open to see it had a allwinner A20 processor and hoped I could ever run libreelec on it to make it usefull again.

I found on the sunxi wiki somebody already teared it open, but the page is rather bare. Maybe somebody already made a dts for it.

There is already a fex on the sunxi github: sunxi-boards/kp100_mb_v3.0.fex at master · linux-sunxi/sunxi-boards · GitHub