Posts by roel

Hi,

which tool you use to burn the image to the MX III box? I tried latest Libreelec 7.03 and 8.0RC1 buils as well as LakkaTV for S82 and when I try to open those images in the Amlogc USB burning tool I get the error message "Parse burning iamge fail". The official IMG from Beelink and Tronsmart loads and burns OK.

Tomas

"I removed my answer, did misunderstood the question as I never use Amlogic Burning Tool. Maybe a moderator can remove this post."

Hello Balbes,

your latest build works like a charm from sd on my ENY M8S. It's the first build that works from sd for my ENY. Wifi and wired ethernet works. Didn't test bluetooth though.
    Your image is really nicely build. Didn't test any videos yet. Maybe this evening I will try your image with the new kernel.

dankec,

if you still follow this thread, you should test this build from sd. The previous builds from Balbes didn't work for me. I had the blinking amlogic logo. This works. Just do the toothpick method. As before the amlogic logo will start blinking again. Pull out the power, leave your sd-card in the M8S and put the power back in. My device now started booting from the sd card. BTW - I used the lan 1000 image and everything works, also on a regular M8S.

S802 is way more powerful than S805 but to unlock the full potentials you must try our Lakka.tv image you will be amazed how fluid you can play e.g N64 at 1080p ;)

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9300 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Demetris,

Do you have a link to the lakka builds. Is there a build for the MK808B+ also? I already tried to merge the lakka source with the openelec sources for the mk808b+ without succes.
    I think the problem is I'm building on Arch Linux. I got now errors while building gcc. I don't know what it else can be. The recipe downloads gcc and starts building and gives an error that it expected a space somewhere in the defaults.h file.
    I will try this evening on Ubuntu 16.04.

Demetris

Thanks for the suggestion, but I will try until it works. It should be good I can compile the base system and starting from there to ad my own wishes to the system and not to rely on somebody else to do it.
    I'm so glad with the foundation of the LibreELEC community and the fact they are possitive to community builds I prefer to show them the respect to try it myself so if I ask a question I can do it in a more 'to the point' way. So they have more time making LibreELEC better, and in our case helping mainline the amlogic kernel.

I've been doing S802 M8 builds for a couple of months now. First started using drieschel's and surkovalex's source as a starting point. But, moved my last 2 builds to a fork of kszaq's source...

I was trying also to combine surkovalex's and kszaq's sources to build LibreElec for my eny M8S, because kszaq's build for the MK808B+ is a lot better then the build for the M8S from amlinux.ru. But I don't manage to build an image, everytime I fixed an error I get a new error. It takes a lot of time to go through all the scripts and files to find the cause of the error. I have a lot of appreciation for the guys that manage to build it for new platforms and even more for those that fix stuff and try to improve the kernel for those specific platforms so others can enjoy it.

Regarding the power on/off issue. My remote works to turn it on and off again

In my remote.conf, found in /etc/amremote, the power is binded to 0x40 116. Altough I'm not sure this is the remote conf it uses, but I don't find another one.

For the rest, I don't use the the powercable but power it throug USB with such a splitted USB cable to power a external harddrive through 2 usb ports.
    Lik this one:

Amazon.com: StarTech.com USB2HABMY3 3 Feet USB Y Cable for External Hard Drive - USB A to mini B: Computers & Accessories

Just FYI, drakulaboy, I tried with your remote.conf, remote is not working at all, of course.
    But I found another remote.conf for M8S. This one's working, also shows a small menu when choosing power key, but still cannot power on after power off.

It means it's not remote.conf related, the problem is somewhere else...

I had the same problem if I remember. I fixed it by powering the box through one of the usb-ports. Altough I didn't try to fix it that way, but since I do it this way I don't have the problem anymore. I just started doiing that because I use a powered usb-hdd.

BTW, I had to switch the hardware acceleration to 'always' instead of ' 720p and up', cause I had a lot of stuttering while playing mkv's made with makemkv.

chewitt,

that's clear, it's nice that LibreElec is open for community builds. Hopefully all those OE builds who are spread everywhere will come togethere here.

kszaq,

I already playing with the idea to check if I could use the wetec core project to make a buid for my M8S. But first I will try to get your build working on the odroid C1. So I can learn without the risk to brick stuff. The second part will be to find out how I can boot from a sd-card on my M8S, so I can test it without bricking it.
    The last build from amlinux.ru for the M8S (6.95.1.1) is booting terrible slow and there is a lot of stuttering.

Hello,

I was just wondering if there are community builds on the radar for other boards/boxes, for example based on the AMlogic S812 SOC. I use the OE builds of amlinux.ru (from Kerber I suppose) for my M8S. I don't know if Kerber joined LibreElec and if he will have his own community build section?

Thanks.