Posts by Baderks

Building LibreELEC is mainly done on x86_64 hosts and not on the target devices.

I also think some of the rkbin tools used to generate bootloader/u-boot blobs only exists for x86_64.

building LibreELEC is *only* done x86_64 hosts

I came to the same conclusion after I solved the compilation problems of openssl-1.0.2p. The compilation process found the next problems with the compilation of the Python 2.7 package. I just removed all of LibreELEC from my RockPro64 SBC.

As arm processors are becoming more and more powerful, I believe that eventually LibreELEC will have to offer support for arm processors as building host for their already very impressive building system. Whether or not having a HOST_TARGET variable will suffice, I do not known. I do know that it will have to be a separate and well organized project, as the dangers of breaking the existing building system are huge.

For me, this subject is closed for the time being.

Baderks

I started experimenting with compiling LibreELEC for my RockPro64 device. All went well using VirtualBox with Linux on my Win10 PC. This time I tried to compile LibreELEC on my RockPro64 SBC. Unfortunately that fails during the compilation of openssl-1.0.2p with the error:

gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-m64'

I started the make process with the following instruction:

rock64@rockpro64:~/LibreELEC.tv$ PROJECT=Rockchip DEVICE=RK3399 ARCH=arm UBOOT_SYSTEM=rockpro64 make image

To give some extra context I copied the last couple of lines from the compilation process:

I looked for solutions on Google, but none of the suggestions were helpful for solving this LibreELEC compilation problem. I can' t believe I am the first one to try to compile LibreELEC on a RK3399 SBC so I hope there is someone out here who can give me the right directions to solve this problem.

TIA, Baderks