Posts by meilon

I just tried that, but then I'm missing keys. I just completed my mapping with audio and subtitle changing, and context menu. Here's the completed keymap;

Which profile do you mean? I tried the /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/libreelec_multi (in fact, that's the one LibreELEC tried first), but that doesn't work.

Did you have a look at the post I mentioned: Have to press remote buttons twice

There CvH did something (from the file descriptions patching modules and/or not loading some)

For now I created a new rc_keymap with both scancodes with the most important buttons and loading it at boot via /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg:

Hi there,

I just installed LibreELEC 8.90.008 on my Zotac ZBOX nano AD-10 and of course the IR remote doesn't work anymore. Hitting the forums I found this manual and in ir-keytable I get:

Code
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
            Name: ITE8704 CIR transceiver
            Driver: ite-cir, table: rc-rc6-mce
            lirc device: /dev/lirc0
            Supported protocols: other lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
            Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
            bus: 25, vendor/product: 1283:0000, version: 0x0000
            Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Then I run the testing and found out that every other key sends a different scancode:

Code
    # ir-keytable -t
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
    1054.064508: lirc protocol(rc6_6a_32): scancode = 0x80348458
    1054.170042: lirc protocol(rc6_6a_32): scancode = 0x80348458
    1054.275471: lirc protocol(rc6_6a_32): scancode = 0x80348458
    1055.145727: lirc protocol(rc6_6a_32): scancode = 0x80340458
    1055.251637: lirc protocol(rc6_6a_32): scancode = 0x80340458
    1055.357428: lirc protocol(rc6_6a_32): scancode = 0x80340458

I pressed the up button on my remote (a Logitech Harmony Hub via a Logitech Harmony Touch) twice. I feel it is the same like the problems I had with the alpha for LibreELEC 8.

So now I have created my own test keymap with the following content and loaded it:

So it stills reads both codes. lircd isn't running (there isn't a setting for it anymore in the LibreELEC settings addon)

What can be done to fix this? I have the original remote, but the batteries ran out of power and they are button cells I don't have lying around.

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1-ddbridge.img.gz <- this should work without a problem
    LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.1-cc-drivers-18.01.2017.img.gz <- should not work

could you confirm that ? btw pls dmesg | paste from both images

ddbridge: works PZhH
    cc-drivers: doesn't work AZbH

From what I'm seeing in the ddbridge build you get IR RC6 protocol handler initialized, while for the cc-drivers build you get two IR protocol handlers:
    IR NEC protocol handler initializedIR RC6 protocol handler initialized
    That would explain why only every odd command works. Hope you can find out what exactly is going on

Thanks xiringuelu for the tip, will test, too!

Quick update: It changed between #0102 #0106 and #0108 #0110. Testing builds between those and I'll update this post once I found the first build this problem occurres

So #0107 is the last working build, #0108 ist the first build were the remote behaves as stated above. So its either one of those commits between those builds.

Hi,

I just updated to the latest beta (7.95.1 8.0) and now I have to press every remote button twice to get the reaction I want. It doesn't matter which button I press first, only the second one does get executed. If I need to go down a list one element, I could press down, stop, play or whatever (nothing happens), then I can press down and Kodi executes it. There doesn't seem to be a timeout issue: I can press the first button and wait 30 seconds and Kodi executes the command.

The problem occurs only with the integrated IR port of my Zotac ZBOX nano AD-10. If I plug in the included USB dongle and cover the integrated one everything works just fine. It doesn't matter if I use the included remote or my Harmony Hub for both.

It worked great with the previous alpha (pretty sure it was v7.90.010), so something must've changed.

I ran irw and only the odd button presses appear there, so it must be a problem with lirc.

I don't know what else to test, so please advise.