Posts by zomboided

IPVanish appear to have changed their connections recently, but the method of connection and certificates remain the same as when I added them. I'll update them somewhen soon, busy with other things right now. Meantime, try other connections, maybe you hit upon a bad one, otherwise follow the trouble shooting guide linked in the first post. I suspect you'll see the same problems if you use the command line with the ovpn files that IPVanish supply which would indicate an issue outside of the plugin.

See here : Latest changes to kodi, possibly CSettingsManager cause kodi to crash · Issue #81 · Zomboided/service.vpn.manager · GitHub

There were some changes in something called CSettingsManager which messed this up. There's nothing (currently) illegal in my xml settings, and I don't want to change them as they're all there for a good reason. The Kodi team need to fix this, which I believe they're doing.

I'm not really interested in wasting time fixing problems in beta builds because a) I don't use them, and b) life is too short to be debugging other peoples code.

Some debugging for you.

Of the 3 services for checking the IP:
    - IPinfoDB does not block (goes timeout)
    - IP-API does not block (goes timeout)
    - freegeoip.net is the blocking one which also blocks the Auto Select option (reboot of RPI is required)
    Moreover, the VPN or the network are not blocking them since, if I activate the VPN on my laptop I can ping all 3 services,

and they work correctly when using another VPN on RPI (AirVPN).

Thus there must be something else.
    Let me know if some log file could help you

So if they work with another VPN provider (and they all work with mine), then there's something up with your network or the VPN. By all means fetch the log, but I suspect it'll just confirm what you're already telling me (which is not something I'd fix in my add-on)

There's an issue with that service. Try another one. If they all don't work, then I'd suggest there's something blocking them (either your network of the VPN), which is probably going to cause you problems using the VPN connection anyway (this is why I don't offer the ability to turn this off)

It's not an issue with the VPN, that connects regardless. This is just validating that your external IP address is being used and trying to determine where the internet thinks it is.

Right, I use the ovpn files that you pointed to. The fact that they can't be bothered to keep them up to date for their own users, and expect them to go fetch them from a stupid web page is really poor service (which appears to be them all over).

Anyway, you've made my mind up for me, I'll pull Pure from the next release and if people want to continue to use them, they'll have to roll their own using User Defined. I just cannot be bothered to deal with them.

Pure have changed their server URLs and I think some of the options but haven't bothered to change the ovpn files that they supply so I haven't been able to change my add-on (and I'm guessing anyone else who wants to use their service via manual connections). This might be the issue, but you are connecting successfully.

However, the log doesn't show any disconnections at the VPN level, but I can see that you're getting breaks in the streaming. You can double check to see if the openvpn task is still running when you experience a disconnect (ps -ef, look for 'openvpn'). Then you can either whine at Pure about their crappy servers or you can whine at your thoroughly legit streaming provider.