Posts by KOPRajs

build sd card image, PROJECT=Amlogic_MX2 ARCH=arm make image to build
    write to sd,
    boot error -

***Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /flash/SYSTEM ***

I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to create bootable LibreELEC SD card? This is not supported for now however if you want to try I would start by looking at the "projects/Amlogic_MX2/patches/linux/add_bootargs_to_device_tree.patch". Setting "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1" and "disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2" might help.

Are there instructions anywhere on how to use the "recovery method" to load this image onto an MX2? I haven't had LE on my MX2 before. I've recently been having great luck with LE on my s905x. I'm just trying to resurrect the MX2 now that this image is here!

Just do a quick Google search:
    install-openelec-xbmc-g-box-mx2

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Issues noticed:
    On reboot, main menu item appearance settings do not stick (i.e. if I hid Favorites or Movies for example, rebooting the device they will still appear)
    Sometimes on reboot, I am unable to access any network shares (error is Connection Timed Out) without first deleting the connection, rebooting, and re-entering my WiFi information (I am using a hidden SSID network if that helps)
    1080p interface is much choppier than 720p (this just may be the device being old and slow, but just in case)

If more information would be helpful or you want me to test anything additional, let me know I'd be happy to help. Also, if any help is needed doing the builds, I could assist on that end as well, just let me know how best to do it and where to pull the source from. I did some previous builds from source on my own for Codesnake's OpenELEC 5.95.x series before he started doing them for 6.0.x series.

Thanks again!

I have no issues regarding appearance settings not being saved on reboot, however it may depend on how you reboot the device.

Estuary really seems a bit slower in 1080p but when using Confluence it is about the same speed as it ever was. It might be possible to get some more performance by allocating more RAM for Mali graphics. I'll try to investigate this.

I've added Amlogic_MX2 project sources to the OP. Haven't tested it yet but it should be possible to build 8.0.0 or even current master (Kodi 18) for MX2/G18 with it.

Hi KOPAsjs,
    I have G-BOX MX2 from matricom. After welcome page show up, I can't move forward on next buttom (stuck on welcome page). I already wait a lot of time, but nothing happened. I also connect a mouse and click in next button, but no move forward.
    Cheers
    Jocio

Look here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-915-po...ml#pid8855
    If it works for you please report to the LE 8.0 build thread: thread-4858.html

It would really be appreciated if you do share the build you are using, I am having the same problem. Thanks!

I'm sorry, I realized I can't share my old OE 6.0.3 build as I don't have the image file anymore. However the new LE 8.0 seems to work fine so I'm going to make a new version with storage moved to an external device and with RetroPlayer included once Kodi 17.1 and RetroPlayer 17.1 are out. Watch this thread: thread-4858.html

Hi,
    I have same issue. How did you overcame ?

Regards,

Look here: thread-915-post-8855.html#pid8855
    If it works for you please report to the LE 8.0 build thread: thread-4858.html

This image is not work on MX2. After new install, we cannot forward on Welcome page :(

What device do you have? What exactly happens on welcome page? If you wait for a couple of minutes does the time in the top-right corner change or is it stuck on 12:00?

It is tested on DroidTV MX and G-Box Midnight MX2. Both have the same IR remote (see the pictures). If your device has different remote try connecting USB keyboard.

Installed this on my mx2 and it gets stuck on the welcome screen at first. If i power the box off and back on i get the matricom logo and a flash of code then a screen that says files corrupted. I've tried doing a clean reinstall and I've tried to downgrade and it won't boot from an SD if it's an older version. Help please

Can you post a screenshot? Or a copy of what exactly is written on the screen? What files are corrupted? Have you tried to reinstall from recovery?

I cant seem to get this to work it loads np but as soon as I add my backup it reboots and hangs.Tried it on a gbox mx2 and a knockoff mx2 same thing.Now I noticed on my qbox I get the same results but if I use kodi 17 alpha it loads and works perfect maybe its the version of kodi that's causing the issue not sure
    [hr]
    this is the version that works for me

kodi-17.0-Krypton_alpha3-armeabi-v7a.apk

I'm not sure what are you talking about but the apk file you mention is for Android. This is a LibreELEC build. It has nothing to do with Android. Are you trying to restore your Android backup in LibreELEC? This will not work. You can try to export your media library from Kodi in Android and import it in LibreELEC if needed.

Hello,
    I have an old Xtreamer Mk4 which is now dead as I tried to install an OE from zip file via built in recovery. It restarted after install process and now it freeze at boot with an OE splash picture...
    It had no any reset button but it's a 8726mx device.
    Is there any way to install this LibreElec build somehow?
    Hope is alive!

I can't seem to find any info about your device. Is it really Amlogic 8726-MX device? If so are you sure there is no reset button? It seems to be hidden in AV jack on many devices. Anyway only G18 reference board based devices are supported by this build.

It ran once for me then after rebooting it hung up on the boot screen on my gbox mx2, tried reinstalling an older working version I had on previously and it does the same thing now. Really don't know what to attempt next.

Any error messages on the screen? Have you tried to do a factory reset or complete reinstall from recovery?

Hi,
    I have tried several times to install version and always stuck on Welcome page :(
    Do you know how can I pass this phase ?
    Cheers

What device do you have? You can try to plug in an USB keyboard if your remote does not work out of box?

No way to run this from SD Card? I might need to try find a backup of my android firmware otherwise, I have an ehome/Allcam MP02 stick with a 8726 M3 and 1GB ram (Android 4.0), I'll do some hunting for the firmware.

The board is branded Infinitec so I think I have a rebranded Infinitec PocketTV 1000, the board is also marked TB168_v2.0 rather than HD18 that I was expecting, the mystery continues. Mine is also supposedly 1.2ghz not 1ghz like the PocketTV 1000.

Looks like mine is a F16ref which is a 8726 - M3 single core, I'm presuming there's no chance this would work or can be easily adapted?

This build is tested to work only on G18REF based devices with Amlogic 8726-MX SoC. That is because it is based on original WeTek Play build. I'm not planning to make it work on F16REF with Amlogic 8726-M3 SoC, sorry.

I just did a clean install of this on one of my MX2s laying around collecting dust, I can not change the skin, I can download them out of any repo however I can not switch from the default skin. Is it me?

I've only tried to change to Confluence and it worked as expected. Are you using Krypton compatible skins?

Can we update to this built from OE?

Yes, it should work but I haven't tested this yet.

I would do a clean install. I did that on one of my boxes and everything seems to be working fine so far. I have the matricom mx2 box

Great to hear that it actually works for someone. Thanks for the report.

I get that a lot as well :(

I'm getting this on one of my boxes too. In my case it seems that the problem is simply the NAND flash wear-out (What is NAND flash wear-out? - Definition from WhatIs.com). I've solved it by building an image which uses SD card for storage instead of the internal NAND.

I am now trying to make a new build for MX2/G18 based on LE 8.0 (thread-4858.html). I can build a version with storage on SD card of this too. Or I can share the build I currently use for my own box (based on original codesnake's OE 6.0.3 with storage on SD card and RetroPlayer 15.2 included).

I agree this the only box that I know that can power on and off with a build but not because of that makes it a great box. Nemesis made to build OE and LE
    He mention he just did for his fam but I don't think he wa trying to perfect it. I still thank for what he did because it showed the potential of what it can do there's little bugs here and there and I know it can be fixed. Keep mx2 ALIVE!!!

So lets try it. I've just built new LE image for MX2/G18 (thread-4858.html).

This is LibreELEC build for MX2/G18 devices (DroidTV MX, G-Box Midnight MX2) with Amlogic AML8726-MX SoC (Amlogic Meson6).

It is based on current LibreELEC WeTek Play build and OpenELEC port for G18 by codesnake. It is using WeTek Play LibreELEC Add-ons repository so you should be able to install binary add-ons from official repository (including PVR clients etc.).

Warning! This build requires a storage partition with LIBREELEC_DISK label. Please read the installation instructions!

Known issues:
    - (disabled) HDMI CEC does not seem to work
    - there is no Docker support

Fixed issues:
    - (fixed 2017-02-16) update from LibreELEC is broken (you won't be able to update from LibreELEC, you'll have to do the next update from recovery)
    - (fixed 2017-02-16) some remote buttons don't have any action assigned by default

Installation instructions:
    Starting from version 8.0.0 this build requires a storage partition with LIBREELEC_DISK label. You can choose whether you keep using internal NAND memory or you create an external storage partition on SD card or USB drive. As MX2/G18 devices are getting older there is a number of reports with NAND flash wear-out symptoms. By allowing the usage of external storage we can make devices with broken NAND memory fully usable again.

Updating exisiting installations:
    Run the following command on SSH before updating to 8.0.0 to set the label of your internal NAND storage partition. Then you can update from tar as usual.

Code
    tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data

New installations from recovery:
    You will need an ext3 formated SD card or USB drive with LIBREELEC_DISK label for the first boot. Then you can change the label of internal NAND storage partition as described above if you want to use it instead of the external storage. The rest of the installation process is the same as usual (install-openelec-xbmc-g-box-mx2).

Storage:

Since many people seem to have problems creating the storage partition with LIBREELEC_DISK label, I have created an empty storage image (storage.img.gz). Just download the image and use LibreELEC USB-SD Creator to write it to SD card or USB drive.

Download (updated 2019-02-26):
    storage.img.gz (empty external storage image)

LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.0.1.tar (for updating exisiting installations, Kodi 18.1)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.0.0.tar (for updating exisiting installations, Kodi 18.0)

LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.0-devel-20190120160004-34ac602.tar (for testing Kodi 18 RC 5)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.0-devel-20190102160004-05be03f.tar (for testing Kodi 18 RC 4)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.0-devel-20181208160005-6db1ac5.tar (for testing Kodi 18 RC 2)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.0-devel-20181125160005-9e278d9.tar (for testing Kodi 18 RC 1)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.0-devel-20181107160005-1a60beb.tar (for testing Kodi 18 Beta 5)

LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-8.0.2.tar (for updating exisiting installations)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-8.0.2.zip (for new installations from recovery)

LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-8.0.1.tar (for updating exisiting installations)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-8.0.1.zip (for new installations from recovery)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-8.0.0.tar (for updating exisiting installations)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-8.0.0.zip (for new installations from recovery)

LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-7.95.3.tar (for updating exisiting installations)
    LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-7.95.3.zip (for new installations from recovery)

Sources:
    I wanted to keep it as simple and clean as possible so for now everything is in projects/Amlogic_MX2/. You need to extract included .tar.gz to upstream LibreELEC sources and run PROJECT=Amlogic_MX2 ARCH=arm make amlpkg to build this.

Amlogic_MX2-9.0.0.tar.gz

Amlogic_MX2-8.0.0.tar.gz

Amlogic_MX2-7.95.3.tar.gz

Supported devices:
    It is tested on DroidTV MX and G-Box Midnight MX2. Both have the same IR remote (see the pictures). If your device has different remote try connecting USB keyboard.

I manage to get it to work (somehow).
    How to do i compile mupen64 for s905x?

I've compiled the Mupen64 and added the link to the original post however I'm now not able to test it because my A95X didn't survived my experiment with heat sink tuning.
    It seems that they not only did a terrible thermal design but they also glued the heat sink to the SoC so well that it is very hard to remove without damaging the PCB :@

Here the emulation is done through kodi.

With retroarch kodi's process is killed.

I confirm that emulation has poor performance compared to retroarch. I tested snes and the sound stutters.

There is sound shuttering in SNES on my Nexbox A95X too. But after a brief exploration I've found that the CPU is being under clocked due to the bad thermal design of these boxes. When I opened the box and kept the temperature below 80'C (e.g. by holding my hand on the cooler), the CPU went back to it's 1,5 GHz and there were no sound shuttering in SNES any more.

I couldn't resist... the waiting for Leia was too long so I've built kszaq's 7.95.beta5b for S905/S905X with the Inconspicuous fix included (Inconspicuous fix by garbear · Pull Request #11022 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub). Credits go to kszaq, garbear and lrusak. I've only put those together.

Haven't tested this yet, but basically it's the kszaq's 7.95.beta5b built with RetroPlayer patch.

Emulators are not included but it should be possible to use any 32-bit arm builds (e.g. for RPi2).

Download:
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170204160005-r25435-gdef3df6.tar

Install:
    First install kszaq's 7.95.beta5b. Then place the tar file to "/storage/.update" folder and reboot.

EDIT:
    The build seems to work for me except for save states. The performance however is not as good as I expected on my A95X (S905X). Probably due to overheating and thermal throttling.
    Also I've managed to compile a basic set of emulators for use with this build:
    game.libretro-1.0.1.100.zip (install this first)
    game.libretro.nestopia-1.48.0.100.zip (NES)
    game.libretro.fceumm-0.98.13.100.zip (NES)
    game.libretro.snes9x2010-1.52.4.100.zip (SNES)
    game.libretro.genplus-1.7.4.100.zip (Genesis)
    game.libretro.picodrive-1.91.0.100.zip (Genesis)
    game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed-19.0.0.100.zip (PSX)
    game.libretro.mupen64plus-2.0.2.100.zip (N64)