Posts by ivanxx

Thanks chewitt, finally I got back to my locally compiled 8.0 that had no problems downloading and installing Docker. It looks like I can't use official builds anyway, because they lack the bmc2835-v4l2.ko kernel driver, and I need it to create devices of type /dev/video. I use Docker to mjpg-stream a USB camera connected to a Zoneminder server while Libreelec is running. Save for some video freezing here and there when playing HD media, it can go for days without a hitch. Still amazed of what you can do with LE and Docker even in such a limited device!

Thank you!

Well, it looks like it's only the stable LE version the one missing the bcm2835-v4l2.ko driver. I just compiled the LE's HEAD as of today and there it is, I can confirm I'm running kodi krypton with kernel 4.9.1 AND a docker container with mjpg-streamer. Sucking the stream into my zoneminder server is just a no-brainer and now my kitchen's raspberry PI model B is boldly serving both as a kodi frontend for my media and mythtv backend and as a security camera with a Logitech C170 USB camera. Hoorray!. Wish next stable LE includes the bcm2835-v4l2 drivers by defauilt, I'm a bit on the edge here :)

-Iván.

Thanks for the tip. Indeed, there is a docker container for arm that packs mjpg-streamer, but the problem is back to LE when it comes to open /dev/video0. LE does not include the bmc2835-v4l2.ko module, so the device video0 is not created when plugging the USB camera and the container fails to run. I don't know if docker can help here, unless there is a way to include the module in the container and modprobe it, which anyway leads me to compile something inside the LE image, which is what we were trying to avoid by using docker in the first place... :s

HI there,

I'm also interested in this. I'd like to stream a USB or RPi Camera module while not using Kodi (start stream server when kodi is idle, as a security cam). There is this app, it and works pretty well under raspbian. It has very simple requirements ( libjpeg.so.8 and v4l2 ), and I tried to include it in the building process of LE, but got some errors from the compiler that I can't solve by myself. Any chance anyone can make a build including the app mjpg-streamer?

Thanks!

-Iván.