Posts by frem

frem:
    It is easy:

• create a new sd card with latest libreelec and the correct device tree from Index of /s905/device_trees/
    • boot card, let libreelec do its thing and wait for restart
    • connect usb media with test files, test if playback is still problematic
    • Next, test with remote files (NAS, Windows shared folder)
    • create full debug logs for playback of a single relevant sample file, see: thread-981.html and upload logs w/ sample file

The new install makes sure that no old configuration entries or long-forgotten xml-file edits remain and interfere. Local playback helps ruling out any network issues. Logs and sample are needed to help the developers understand the issue and replicate them.

Edit: I see that kszaq was faster with his answer :)

Thanks for your feed back Kazaq and mmpp, but unfortunately I'm busy with family activities and a weeks vacation, so I won't be able to work on the issues for a couple weeks. When I return I'll post..

Thank you

My playback on .264 is so bad with stuttering and buffering on Beelink Mini MXIII II 2gb/16gb that I reverted back to 7.0.3 and it gone. I have two of those boxes and I left one with 8.01b to try and fix the issue. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I tried ver. E finally and I'm having buffering problems with larger files from my NAS. I had the same issue with D, but messing with advancedsettings.xml was able to correct this. So far I haven't been able to make them play smoothly with E. Any Ideas? Just noticed my box doesn't have bluetooth either.

I have had the same issues with buffering with version C and E and it was suggested to me to turn off wifi when using Ethernet and so far it is working. Can someone please suggest what they have for advancedsettings.xml to help alleviate potential buffering issues...

And same as GrafT for me with same box too
    i.e. don't see the issues frem is reporting

edit - quick question frem - are you using ethernet or internal wifi?
    One thing I found using ethernet is that it still shows a connection to wifi - that seemed to be affecting download rate for me and I always make a point of 'disconnecting' the wifi

Hey thanks, I am using Ethernet, but will try to disconnect the wifi and see how that works..

Hi,

did something change in last builds for SD contents? SD videos suddenly look AWFUL (did not in previous LE 8.x builds) and they are also very very choppy. I did not notice earlier since I don't watch SD often. I tried a couple of them and it seems the same problem with all of them.

I agree, I am watching with my kids old The Cosby Show episodes (all in SD) and they buffer a lot and are choppy on my Beelink MX III II. It doesn't happen on my other Beelink MX III II with LE 7.0.3.012j. Maybe it's just coincidental...

Thanks so much. I just went through the motions, as you suggested and it all went perfectly. I also added the 7.0.3.012j file to the update folder on my other box, which was running 7.0.3.012c and that went just as you said, without a hitch. The j version is no different than the c version for me. Now, I have two choices how to update my boxes. You are a star :) I may update the 7.0 box to 8.0 in a few days... Do you believe there is much difference in the two? So far I don't really see any..

I have same box and did this upgrade from 7.0.3.12x to 8.0.0c by exactly that method - you only need the img file, you do not have to reload the tree into upload folder
    The only 'gotcha' I encountered was it stuck on the LibreElec screen on reboot - easy fix, see my post 1288 in this thread.
    In fact you could probably even delete the file up front while you are in ssh anyway and THEN reboot to apply the update.

Re the skin - a shout out for Black Glass Nova skin - been using it on every revision since about 14.

DEcosse, so you type exactly this "[font]rm -rf ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db[font]" , either before or after placing the img file into the update folder then reboot ? If I chose to go back to 7.0.3.12x, can I just remove the img file from the update folder and reboot again?

Thanks[/font][/font]

I just added 8.0c to my second Beelink Mini MXIII II via SD card and so far it works great. My other Beelink has 7.0.3.012c but I'm a little gun shy about adding 8.0c to the update folder in fear of screwing it up. I only use both boxes to stream movies and TV shows. I haven't so far noticed any difference between 8.0 and 7.0.3.012. You guys on here are amazing. I did revert back to the Confluence skin in 8.0 as I was familiar with that skin and found it much easier to navigate. Kszaq, I have the utmost respect for the work you do here and have sent you some coffee money, enjoy...

Mike

Yes, yes and yes. And yes.
    If you're jumping from 7 to 8 I'd run a backup first, otherwise you can't easily revert - but that's your call.
    I'd also switch to confluence - if you're not already using it - before updating.

Thanks for the info, I already use Confluence and like it. When updating within the Update folder, is that for my SD card or internal NAND? I run LE from my SD card...

Thanks again :)

I'm sure you can update via ssh - I've never bothered because doing it via smb is so easy.
    Download the update to your pc - either the img.gz or the .tar, doesn't matter.
    Open an explorer window and navigate to your device (eg I use '\\192.168.1.42' or '\\Beelink' to see my box at that IP with that hostname).
    You should see a bunch of links, one of which is 'Update' - this is a shortcut to the /storage/.update folder on your box. Paste the file you just downloaded into there. Reboot libreelec. Done.

Do I just save the .img.gz download there and reboot and that's it? Can I update from 7.0.3.012i to 8.0.0c ?

TIA

Hey, I have a Beelink Mini MXIII II 2/16GB 905X with 7.0.3.012 on it working nicely. I have the same second box ordered and wondered if there would the any benefit flashing 8.0.0 rather than 7.0.3.012? I only use them for streaming movies/TV. Thank you for all the great work you guys do here. Most of this stuff is over my head.

Thank you

I have the 7.0.3.012c on my Beelink mini MXIII II that works great. The only bug that I have noticed is where it show several different Wi Fi signals when I am using Ethernet. I have to intention of using WI FI and have toggled it off, so is there any benefit of upgrading to any of the new builds?

Thank you,

You might want to re-read the first post that explains it thoroughly.

You need to burn the 7.0.3.012a image to your sdcard via Rufus then replace the dtb.img file on the sdcard, insert sdcard into device and boot with toothpick method. The method you are trying is to flash via recovery which is incorrect for 7.0.3.012a.

Thanks, I thought after reading the first post that Rufus was for USB and not SD