Posts by bite_your_idols

First of all awesome initiative!
    I have installed the add-on on latest LibreELEC Kodi 17.0 testbuild #0524, 24-May-2016 (LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)).
    Installation went okay, only needed to enable AdvancedLauncer post-installation.

So I copied the MSX bios files into the emulators/bios folder and some MSX 1 ROMs into emulators/roms/msx folder. Then started the RetroArch frontend... screen went blank and poof... back to starting the Kodi interface. Also tried EmulationStation frontend, which started okay. Emulationstation found the MSX games but refused to start any game.

Also tried some SNES games (put into emulators/roms/snes). Same results as for MSX games.

Next tried AdvancedLauncer. Went to MSX entry, added the items (found the games!). Starting the MSX entry raised the error "Advanced Launcer - Error. Target category not found". Then tried SNES entry, added the items (found the games!). Same error message.

Any pointers? Should it work at all on these cutting edge LibreELEC Kodi 17.0 testbuilds?

I am preparing a kodi 17/LibreELEC 8 package of my addon. In the meanwhile you can replace your retroarch binary located in /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/retroarch for this one (you have to rename it and chmod):
    retroarch_1.3.4_kodi17
    This retroarch version is compiled for Kodi 17/LE8

About AdvancedLauncher, the bug you found I already posted in official forums thread and it is an addon error with Kodi17... The bad news are the developer does not exists no more and possibly kodi 17 will be advlauncher's end... The good news are you can make a new category based in adv launcher search options or something like that,and then, create a search for every system. Here is an example launcher.xml you can use:
    launchers-kodi17.xml

As I said, I am working in a package for LE8 for the next update...

I just updated my installation and packed it into an addon. This way it is easier for me for future updates and features.

It does not include any new feature, just a structural change, so if anybody wants to update the best way is removing all previously installed Gamestarter addons, install the new one and then delete all folder inside /storage/emulators but roms, bios and saves.

Gamestarter v2.0.0
    - All-in-One addon structure
    - Addon settings with default frontend selection between RetroArch and EmulationStation
    - GameMaker Pi ports and IARL addon optional installation from addon settings
    - Change all config files and directories to /storage/.config/

gamestarter-icon.png

Available add-ons

- RetroArch: the official frontend for Libretro cores with a lot of features and settings used by Lakka.

- Advanced Emulator Launcher: Best way to integrate and launch your game collections in Kodi.

- EmulationStation: a nice frontend also used by RetroPie and Recalbox.

- DraStic RPi: Experimental Nintendo DS emulator for Raspberry Pi 2/3.

- PPSSPP RPi: PSP emulator for Raspberry Pi 2/3.

Download & Info

- Download and install this repo zip file.

- More info in github project site.

enjoy!

🎮