Posts by JustBoom

By all means!

If you could throw me an image I can put on an SD card, or any of the relevant config files when they're ready and where to put them I'll give it a whirl and report back what happens.

Sorry this took so long, bit of a busy weekend!

We have now got the kernel changes sorted, I think, but obviously need you to help testing.

We sent the kernel diffs to the LibreElec Devs and I think they are going to spin a test image for you pretty soon but I know they're super busy working on a new release.

We also have 5.1 speakers and decoder arriving tomorrow so we can test it out here too :)

Thanks for your patience

Just had a quick go at playing some videos with the audio output set to 2.0 only and it seems there still wasn't any passthrough, plus any video which used DTS encoding wouldn't play sound at all. The only other notable thing is that disabling passthrough would play anything in 2.0 at least.

I've also got the config.txt edited for the relevant overlay, this on the latest LibreELEC alpha build but I've done the same on all different OS/media players I've used;

It seems from the two messages above our previous one, that we need to make a few tweaks to the driver and add an ALSA config file in to get this working right. Our devs are literally rebuilding our driver and testing this as we speak.

We, at the moment, do not have a 5.1 surround system (just about to buy a cheap second hand one on ebay for testing) so can't test it functionally. Would you be happy to help us with this?

Thanks so much

The ALSA audio driver needs to report passthrough support for kodi to be able to use it.

It is possible to do this through an alsa configuration file. It would like something like this (this is the HifiBerry version)
    LibreELEC.tv/HifiberryDigi.conf at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

But would need device name changed to JustBoom.
    You can't write to /usr/share/alsa/cards/ in LE, but I think a file placed in /storage/.config/asound.conf will be used.

Thanks a lot for that. Is this a better way than having it natively in the driver?

I will pass all this info onto our dev team for them to sort and write a tutorial up about.

Is there a way to have this work "out of the box" in Kodi/LE/OSMC etc etc?

Cheers
    [hr]

Posted the last message before seeing this! Ok I will send this info through to dev team to fix.

Where should we drop you a line? By PM?

Also - are you interested in having some of our boards/cases/remotes to play with / test with at all? More than happy to send a full bundle of them over to your dev team.

Cheers

Hi there,

Firstly - thanks for buying JustBoom. Super keen to get this working for you as there is no hardware reason why this should not work. We have had customers report success with getting 5.1 audio out, but not sure how they did it! Once we find out, or get it working we will make a guide as we have had this question a couple of times now.

Also - LibreElec devs - if you want us to send you all of our hardware to test/play with then please send us a PM with the address(es) to send to so that we can sort you out with some goodies. We are super keen to support JustBoom in great open source software like yours.

One interesting thread I found from a search was this one - LibreELEC

Could you try passing through 5.1 audio using the 2.0 passthrough setting as suggested by Popcornmix in that thread? Or some of the other advice? One particular one that may help is commenting out the congfig.txt statement dtparam=audio=on by putting a # in front of it. Or put dtparam=audio=off in that file.

Thanks!