Posts by rofn

i did it like this in a ubuntu vm and it worked for me

install everything needed to compile oscam

Code
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion libssl-dev libpcsclite-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev dialog pcscd

get the latest build from the official oscam svn

Code
    svn co http://www.streamboard.tv/svn/oscam/trunk oscam-svn

configure the build with all the options i need (like smartcardreaders etc.)

Code
    cd oscam-svn
    make config

build it with libusb support (not sure if this is needed or a simple make does the same job...think i accidently build it once with PCSC support. libreelec doesnt have the pcsc librarys and it didnt work than...so thats why i used this)

Code
    make USE_LIBUSB=1

when the build is complete

Code
    cd Distribution/

and there should be your new shining oscam build similar to a filename like this

Code
     oscam-1.20_svnXXXXX-x86_64-linux-gnu-libusb

copy it to your librelec box into

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.softcam.oscam/bin/

give it a test run with --help to see if it pops any errors

disable the oscam addon in kodi for now

rename the old oscam binary to oscamold (for backup purpose)

rename the new oscam binary to oscam and make sure its chmod 755

enable oscam addon in kodi

profit.

works great for me so far.

only thing what bothers me is when i listen to music it doesnt show the correct song play time / total length on the "now playing" screen. the time basically is just running forever...which actually is a bit annoying if you have a karaoke like lyrics addon installed. not that of a big deal though i´m not a singer anyway.. :D

also the "next song" isn´t displaying at all.

any way to get this running in the future or is it just not possible code wise?

So i´ve finally upgraded from libreelec 7 to. 8.0.1 on my dedicated htpc yesterday. Wiped everything and did a fresh install.

Everything working well so far except my Wireless Dongle (TP-Link Archer T4U AC1200 V1.0).

It keeps disconnecting from my 5ghz network from time to time and won´t reconnect. If i try to reconnect manually in Kodi it just gives me an Input/Output Error.
    Only rebooting or replugging the Device helps until it disconnects again in like 10mins or so.

Don´t know whats going on, performance was meh but worked on libreelec 7 for me.

gUOK

(Disconnecting the Device in the log is me unplugging it...)

Any help would be gladly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Hi,

im trying to get a ASUS AC54 AC1300 USB Wifi Dongle running on my dedicated HTPC running Libreelec. Couldnt find any Info on this particular Dongle and which Modules to load. Any Help?

Code
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp.
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8009 Intel Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0b05:1833 ASUSTek Computer, Inc.
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0f39:0671 TG3 Electronics
    Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub