Posts by javaboyuk

I have had no power issues, I am using an "official" power supply that directly connect to the PI, works great on even RPi-3 with and external hard drive (2.5") thats powered from the PI, so I can't see that being the isse (no not seen power issues, well I did ages ago with a cheap poer supply and even cheaper lead, they went to the bin!) hence buying new supplies which are not "general USB" units.

Let me try some other things, I find it interesting that you guys confirm that if you follow the instructions to reproduce it does not have my issues (thats an assumption, could one of you guys confirm :-)). So If must be me! I really want to work out what it is, and Ill post what (however embarrasing that might be LOL).

thank you for the feed back.

Those with this issue, can you run the following and paste the output:

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit
    grep . /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/* 2>/dev/null

[hr]

None of the team get this, it's a rare issue that may be SD card brand/make/model/capacity/controller specific. I can't say that it won't cause catastrophic corruption, chances are that it will eventually.

It's possible this issue is the same, positing your card details will help.

##############################################
    # LibreELEC #
    # LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (official) Version: 7.0.1
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | pastebinit
    EhPX
    LibreELEC:~ # grep . /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:*/* 2>/dev/null
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/cid:744a455553442020024569218d00e7e7
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/csd:400e00325b59000075cd7f800a4000c1
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/date:07/2014
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/erase_size:512
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/fwrev:0x2
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/hwrev:0x0
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/manfid:0x000074
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/name:USD
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/oemid:0x4a45
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/preferred_erase_size:4194304
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/scr:0235800300000000
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/serial:0x4569218d
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/type:SD
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/uevent:DRIVER=mmcblk
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/uevent:MMC_TYPE=SD
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/uevent:MMC_NAME=USD
    /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:59b4/uevent:MODALIAS=mmc:block
    LibreELEC:~ #

=======================
    The SD cards are all TRANSCEND
    ========================

looks like the dmesg has captured some issues such as:
    Failed to start Create Static Device Nodes in /dev.

I can't see where the fsck happens but quite a few "issues" but they maybe normal:
    [ 3.447470] systemd-journald[217]: Failed to open runtime journal: No such file or directory
    [ 3.454953] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    [ 3.455879] systemd[1]: Failed to start Journal Service.
    [ 3.456255] systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage.

ANyway let me know if you need anything else.
    [hr]
    Did a quick grep:
    dmesg | grep failed

was interesting:
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep failed
    [ 3.228141] systemd[1]: systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.270300] systemd[1]: machine-id.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.456255] systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage.
    [ 3.456437] systemd[1]: systemd-journal-flush.service: Job systemd-journal-flush.service/start failed with result 'dependency'.
    [ 3.456505] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.514697] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.527909] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.538684] systemd[1]: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.579065] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.593833] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.service: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.610486] systemd[1]: systemd-journald.socket: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 3.610530] systemd[1]: systemd-journald-dev-log.socket: Unit entered failed state.
    [ 4.386776] systemd-udevd[250]: Process '/sbin/hdparm -E8 /dev/sr' failed with exit code 2.
    [ 4.388436] systemd-udevd[246]: Process '/sbin/hdparm -E8 /dev/sr_mod' failed with exit code 2.
    [ 4.695552] systemd-udevd[253]: Process '/bin/sh -c 'echo enabled >/sys/class/net/eth0/device/power/wakeup' ' failed with exit code 1.
    [ 934.215891] systemd[1]: systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service: Unit entered failed state.

I have now test this with mulitiple cards and multilpe RPi (2 and 3).

To reproduce:

1. download 7.0.1 image "unzip it" I used 7-Zip
    2. create sd card, I used Win32DiskImager v 0.9.5 on windows 7 fully patched
    Note I tried 4 and 16 G cards
    3. eject card, wait for it to say ok, (i have even tried re-insert running check disk etc always ok)

3. insert card in RPI with a usb keyboard added and boot

4. it auto resizes and starts reboot

5. during the reboot I see errors flash up in read about can't creat a static device etc in /dev but to quick to read more, but kodi etc seem to star all ok :)

6. no during the first ful boot say you want ssh, other than that i changed nothing!

7. now login over ethernet

8. cd /flash ; ls

lots of fsck recovery files.

Obviously as I said before next boot things get worse and you loose the overlay directoy, but things seem to carry on working.... unless you need an overlay of course, so I think this may have been missed in testing.

Can one of the team confirm you get this, or even confirm following the above does NOT end up in corruption.
    But as you see in this thread its now not just me....

Not a known issue. I see you've got a thread on the Kodi forum where you've posted more information, looks like fairly significant file system corruption. Configuring LibreELEC doesn't make any changes to the /flash partition which is mounted read-only, so for this partition to become corrupted it's either an OS or hardware issue (power? Incompatible/fake SD card?)

As always thank you for your input. The SD card (i hope) is not a fake power supply also good. The card is re-imaged from the download, and if I use the old openelec, or your build for 17, these images are ok. I dont use the 17 test image as I need dvd support.

So strange that this is completely reproducable, and is always in the same way. I will download a new image, and see what more I can find out.
    Ill report what I can :)

Again thanks for the support and effort you guys put into this.

Is the problem with rpi-2 booting with 7.0.0-image known about?

This shows up for me when using a rpi-2 with a HiFiBerry-digi overlay(dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi), in which the hifiberry evice is only seen on the first boot, on the secound boot the overlay directory content has been deleted! Then on the neat reboot the overlay directory itself is gone!!

If not known about I can post more info, otherwise does anyone have a work arround, I here others may have worked arround by installing an OpenElec image then after configuring it (so rebooting a few times), using the upgrade 7.0.0.tar file to update I have not confirmed this yet.

regards
    JB