Posts by Woronczak

Hi kszaq and people. Thanks very much for all your hard work and these builds are awesome.

I am running 7.03.011 on a Nexbox 1G/8G 905X which for the most part runs very well.

I know from the info in the posts that 3D is experimental / not tested - I have some information which I hope helps.
    There are two main types of complete 3D rips from a bluray - an iso of the disk or a MVC MKV ripped from the original using Make MKV.

Using these builds, to play a 3D bluray iso, you use the simplified bluray menu and choose "play as 3D" and it seems to work OK ( I only have one iso and that plays fine - either choosing 3D or just playing in 2D; output is in Top and Bottom format as opposed to frame packed, but that is expected on this platform as I understand it - have been following other kodi forums; I believe that koying had a lot to do with those changes).
    To play a 3D MVC MKV, you just play the file (there are sections in kodi under playback and system which you need to setup for 3D, but there is no "play as 3D menu" as in the isos. With the exception of the Raspberry pi and on intel hardware in windows (using a special build of kodi), normally kodi / libreelec just ignores the 3d MVC bit and automatically plays the file in 2D (as there is no open source MVC decoder). For the MVC MKV files on these builds , as kodi autodetects 3D in the file, it will now always try to play in 3D with the following errors:
    - The 3D output doesn't work properly (it outputs in Top and Bottom format, which is what the Amlogic hardware can only do), but it is not 3d - instead has jumpy frames and audio.
    - The second problem is that if you set kodi to just ignore the 3D if detected (or even try to switch it off while playing a movie), it doesn't work - it still tries to play in 3D. If you select the mode to be "2D / Monoscopic" - there is no picture, but the audio continues. Not only on my 3D TVs / projector, but also on my non-3D TV. So it is not even possible to watch the 3D MVC MKV in 2D. Normal 2D MKV rips of bluray isos play without a problem.

I understand that this is a work in progress and happy to help out (will logs help?)

Cheers and excellent work!