Posts by escalade

It's not an entirely fair comparison because in this case you are actually shipping the software, just the server portion being disabled at compile time and it has created confusion. In any case, I roll my own so not an issue for me. Just my two cents :)

I get 20 MB/s throughput with OpenVPN on my router, so clearly the bottleneck is with your provider and not the software itself. Also, the fact that you have a 200/200 line means nothing if not all the hops inbetween can match the speed.

This is the reason for your hang:

Code
    [29641.033009] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffea0008fc7168
    [29641.033126] IP: [<ffffffff810a327c>] list_del+0x7/0x2a
    [29641.033212] PGD 21f5f7067 PUD 21f5f6067 PMD 0 
    [29641.033272] Oops: 0002 [#1] SMP 
    [29641.033312] Modules linked in: 8021q iwlmvm mac80211 iwlwifi wl(PO) intel_powerclamp intel_rapl iosf_mbi snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_codec_generic snd_hda_codec_hdmi btusb btrtl btbcm btintel bluetooth cfg80211 snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec snd_hda_core snd_hwdep ir_xmp_decoder ir_lirc_codec lirc_dev ir_mce_kbd_decoder ir_sharp_decoder ir_sanyo_decoder ir_sony_decoder ir_jvc_decoder ir_rc6_decoder ir_rc5_decoder ir_nec_decoder rc_rc6_mce nuvoton_cir rc_core dw_dmac dw_dmac_core snd_soc_rt5640 snd_soc_rl6231 snd_soc_sst_acpi
    [29641.034026] CPU: 0 PID: 29280 Comm: DVDPlayerVideo Tainted: P           O    4.4.7 #1

Looks like this is caused by DVDPlayerVideo, which is odd no matter what addons you have installed. I have had the same NUC model as you for a couple years and never had a kernel crash like this. Hard to say what's the root cause here, could be either HW or SW.

OpenVPN supports LZO, LZ4 and Snappy compression. I have no idea what you are using with Softether, you simply claim it's "much faster". Much faster at what exactly? OpenVPN has 69 bytes overhead pr packet with UDP which is not a whole lot, encryption necessarily needs a few bytes.

yes i have... i can do some more tests... but i loose like 1/3 of my bandwitch with openvpn and 1/5 on softether...

its really really fast

And where are these detailed benchmarks posted? Are we just going to take your word for it being faster?

If you're talking about compressed data channel, that should not be used for streaming purposes anyways. I'd like to see it beat OpenVPN with compression turned off.

Then you should turn that option off. It works with iOS9 (I'm on 9.3.1), but only if you turn this option off. This is displayed under the option when highlighting it as well. Bad default value if you ask me but that's how it is.

Actualy, Airplay audio works fine. You need to activate "expert" settings (not advanced) and then turn the option "Enable Airplay "Videos" and "Pictures" support" off under services/airplay. This option only works for iOS8.

Emulationstation is simply a frontend to launch external emulators, it does not itself provide a Minecraft version and it's not included in my build. For Generic, there is a Craft libretro core which you can launch through RetroArch. It crashed on launch when I tested on RPi so I think you might be out of luck for the moment.

Hello,

Thank you for your hard work. It works fine.
    Last Retroarch UI is very nice.
    My PS3 Bluetooth Controller is also natively supported.

I'm using this Estuary MOD skin :
    Estuary MOD

Main menu can be easily customized and it includes also Estuary skinning for LibreELEC settings screen.
    Is it possible to tell me Kodi actions used to launch Retroarch and EmulationStation UI? (to add two new entries to main menu)

Interesting, I'll look into that :)