Posts by rdorsch

Hi,

I am just curious if the plan to bring back imx6 support in LE10 as planned earlier :) still exists or if that was dropped in the meantime...?

If the plans have been dropped, are there any disadvantages of using a RPi 3B? Can RPi 3B+ go to suspend and resume (that would be a real reason to drop the cubox-i :) )

Many thanks

Rainer

Hi,

I sometimes observe on a wetek play that a shutdown hangs (when initiated from the remote control) in the house of my parents. Once I was still able to login via ssh and issue a reboot cmd which worked properly.

I want to issue a poweroff during the night via a cronjob which powers off the Wetek Play when it did not properly shutdown.

Surprisingly, I realized that when issuing a poweroff cmd from the cmd line, the Wetek Play reboots. Is there a way to just poweroff the Wetek Play?

What happens if on the remote the power button is pressed?

Thanks

Rainer

Have you looked at LE's network-tools addon? It might have something that you can use, or possibly use "docker" for your needs.

It also might help if you explained what you are trying to do, to require these tools on a media centre.

I want to update a DNS record using nsupdate.

It might work with a Debian chroot environment, I saw schroot is included in libreelec....

Hello,

can anybody tell if dnsutils are available on libreelec?

Many thanks
    Rainer

Hi,

I try to scp some data to a wetek play running libreelec 7.0.2

When I try to copy data from a PC with scp to the wetek play, the transfer is stalled after some time when connecting through wifi.

The wifi connection seems to be ok (same room, Android phones can transfer data from 3 rooms away):

Code
    wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:"LS6" Nickname:""
    Mode:Master Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 34:31:C4:50:61:82
    Bit Rate=52 Mb/s Tx-Power:32 dBm
    Retry min limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
    Encryption key:off
    Power Managementmode:All packets received
    Link Quality=4/5 Signal level=-64 dBm Noise level=-92 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0 With a wired connection there is no problem at all with the same operation.

Streaming data from tvheadend over wifi to the PC also seems to work.

I had with the same wetek play hardware though some issues before: on a different location with an openelec 6 release, the wifi transfer speed was often low (also using e.g. samba).

Has anybody seen something similar?

Has anybody any ideas how to resolve this?

Is the Wetek Play Wifi hardware particularly poor?

Any insight is welcome.

Many thanks
    Rainer