Posts by chyro

Hi folks, sorry for opening an old thread, but I'll running Kodi 17.6 on Libreelec 8.2.5, on a RPi3, and after hours of toil I still cannot get ProjectM to work. manage to I stall it ok from VitorP07's link above, but get the dreaded

Add-on couldn't be loaded.
    Add-on couldn't be loaded.
    Can't load shared library.

error. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I so miss these visualisation since winamp days. Nothing I've seen compares.

Cheers

Hey Chewitt,

Yep I actually managed to sort it out yesterday with Cron running a bash script. None the less thanks for the pointer.

Crontab job entry:-

* * * * * bash /storage/cronjobs/wificon.sh

Bash script:-

connmanctl scan wifi

connmanctl services

connmanctl connect wifi_b827eb5c2cda_53696c766572_managed_psk

Took me a while to find out I needed to include the word 'bash' in the Cron job entry, and also the sequence of commands required in the bash script. Obviously your wifi unique identifier will be different to mine, but you can find that out when you run 'connmanctl services' - HTH anyone else trying to do the same thing. Works like a charm.

Hi folks,

I have a WiFi hotspot on my phone that I want my RPi3 running Kodi on Libreelec to connect to. Unfortunately the 'automatically connect' setting doesn't do what its name suggests, so I'm trying to set a Cron job that tries to connect to the WiFi network every few seconds. To no avail, I've tried

Nmcli (I don't think Libreelec supports Nmcli)

Iwconfig wlan0 essid Argentum

A couple of points - the phones hotspot is rarely on, only when I want to download subtitles basically. There is another WiFi network from my router, which my RPi3 is connected to via ethernet, but that shouldn't affect it.

The Cron script file I am putting in /storage/cronjobs/wificon.sh since i dont have permissions to /use/bin/.

NB: the wifi's essid is Argentum and it is wpa2 encrypted...

Thanks in advance

Hi Folks,

I just installed a clean copy of Generic.x86_64 Libreelec 7.90.010 on my old PC. I have two USB wireless network dongles (TPlink TL-WN422G and EnGenius EUB9603H) running on it and no wired connection. I want to use tethering just as I did when I had Openelec running on the same system, but for some reason, when I connect anything to the Libreelec box AP, there's no internet access. The libreelec box itself has no trouble accessing the internet...

Here's the results of my journalctl-a | pastebinit
    VQEG

If anyone can shed some light on what my problem might be, I would be grateful.
    Cheers in advance