Posts by C.T

Thanks for checking. I have also tried the .xml on my Pi3 with official LibreElec and that also seems to not read the delay lines.
    Will try the alpha 7.90 (Kodi 17) later and see if that reads it.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas !!
    Right, so have done some further testing.
    In the alpha build for Kodi 17 (alpha) it both reads the advancedsettings.xml file and acts upon it. So anything set as a global delay, changes the delay on 60 (youtube etc) and between 23/24 in the xml gets that independent delay (movies/tv) - This is exactly what I am needing. Would use the Alpha version if it did not stutter a bit on playback (is Kodi beta/LibreElec alpha so bugs to be expected)
    Now why does the advancedsettings.xml not get acted upon in build 7.03.011?
    Ok, so this is for Kszaq...
    Have only just been running your builds - do like what you have done ! :)
    Few questions however regarding using advancedsettings.xml...
    Did notice on the changelog for 7.0.2.008 the line ..."added back advancedsettings.xml to fix audio buffering issues with some live TV channels"...
    Why did you need to add it back? (was advancedsettings.xml disabled from Kodi by default and you added it back to fix the issue with buffering?), and since 008 to 011 has Kodi been disabled to act apun any settings in the advancedsettings.xml?
    Just trying to find out why version .011 is not acting on the settings put in the advancedsettings.xml but the alpha build does.
    (in my testing the exact same advancedsettings.xml file was used in both Kodi 17/alpha build and Kodi 16.1 .011 build)
    Thanks

Nexbox A95X (2Gb/16Gb) -> Yamaha Receiver
    (Audio via HDMI passthrough)

Hello

As mentioned by a few people here I also have got a issue with audio/video sync, about 200ms for 23/24p and 85ms for 30p. After searching around on the forum a few members have recommended creating and adding a few lines in advancedsettings.xml to tell Kodi to use 200ms for 23-25 and 85ms for global. Created the file and added the lines as instructed on the Kodi Wiki. After rebooting the box these settings not come into effect.
    Checking the Kodi logs I can see that Kodi does read the file (as it shows all the commends from advancedsettings.xml in the log) but does not act on it..

.."
    00:00:18 T:4118745664 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
    00:00:18 T:4118745664 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
    <advancedsettings>
    <video>
    <latency>
    <delay>85</delay>
    <refresh>
    <min>23</min>
    <max>24</max>
    <delay>200</delay>
    </refresh>
    </latency>
    </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    "...

I have even tried using a single line setting (just a random one to test). Again logs show it loads up but does not act in it. So does this version read and act on the advancedsettings.xml saved in /userdata?