Posts by ukmark62

Agree about Krypton. I find Jarvis much smoother and more responsive. The only reason I'll upgrade to Krypton is if a new killer skin came out that was only available on Krypton or later.

I think Krypton is getting better, but I can't see any major advantages in going there.

Does anybody know of any significant upgrades in Krypton over Jarvis? I find that memory & CPU usage is the same or lower in Jarvis.

i'm on 7.0.3.012 (2017-01-06) (updated 2017-02-23 to 7.0.3.012j) and don't have any stutter at all (Beelink MiniMX III II 2G/16G S905x) with 23.976 at 24p
    PlayerInformation window shows drop:0 and skip:0 .... pulldown correction is off also (pc:none)
    maybe you should update to 7.0.3.012j

I have never experienced the stutter with Amlogic boxes - only with Rockchip boxes. I have been using LE from early version 7 and never had any 40-second micro stutter. I have the auto refresh switch set to 'on start/stop' inside Kodi. Using Beelink MX64 S905 2GB RAM 8GB ROM. Also works well with a S905X box I have (T95X 2GB RAM 8GB ROM).

I did experience a problem at one of the early LE 8 releases but thas has since been fixed.

I hope its ok to post in this thread. I have been trying to boot my mxq pro 4k off of a usb stick with no luck. I followed the guide. mabe I missed something. I'm kinda new android other then I a few roots here and there. I used the toothpick method and all it does is bring me to a backup/restore type of menue but nothing about booting from usb. also i used LibreELEC-S905.ALL.aarch64-8.0.1.img and replaced the dbt file gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k renamed to dbt.img pasted it inside the main folder and it replaced the one in there. also at first i was trying to use a usb stick but when it would load the android restore it would show errors at the bottem but when i used the sd card the errors were gone. but still not sure how to boot from it. these are the files put on the sd card SYSTEM, syslinux, KERNEL and a folder named EFI.
    [hr]

"renamed to dbt.img ....." Is this a typo? File must be called dtb.img and not dbt.img.

MiniMx 2g/16g S905 Non Branded Beelink
    LE Internal 7.0.3.012g Non Temp Disabled

No Freezes 20 re boots.
    Update: Re Boots , Backups, Hard resets , Power on/off .
    Cannot get a Freeze. 2 days over 50 power offs.

Thanks kszaq. I will keep testing with non temp disabled with my s905 boxes and keep it in this thread.
    See what others report here as well. :)

Using both "f" and "g" TEMP ENABLED releases on 7.03.012 for few days now on Beelink MX64 S905 2GB/8GB box and have had no freezes at all (both hard and soft boots).

Using 108L1 Beelink firmware on NAND on one box. I have 2 of these boxes - one with Android on NAND and one with LE v7.03.012g on NAND. I have no problems with LE freezes on either NAND or SD card (so far.....)

Before "f" I would get a freeze about 1 in 7 times and had to switch to the temp disabled releases.

Sticking with the temp enabled releases for now.

The update to .009 went well. The only consistent issue for me is voice sync. I have to reduce by .225 ms to get the video and audio aligned. This has been consistent with recent builds.

I experienced a similar problem, because I did not copy the dtb file into the kodi '.update' folder when I loaded the img.gz file. Once I used the dtb file, the problem was corrected. Is it possible the dtb image was not loaded (or maybe an incorrect one??)

Hi kszaq,

Performed clean install on SD card using .008 device tree.

The first thing I tested was 23.976p playback at 24Hz (i.e. auto refresh turned on). I can report that the 40 second micro-stutter is present. It manifests itself as what I can describe as a kind of 'slow motion' effect that lasts no more than 1-2 seconds (possibly less), but it is noticeable to myself. I tried several different movies to confirm - these all playback flawlessly on LE Jarvis.

Everything else so far looks good. Thanks so much for your efforts!!

Hi,

Is there any chance that You would add support for rtl8723bs integrated bluetooth?
    For now, as far I know, bluetooth is the only thing that doesn't work in Sunvell T95M TV box in.

Have you checked the LibreELEC settings? I think Bluetooth is disabled by default. If you visit these settings (I think it's a sub menu from the System main menu item), you should be able to verify if Bluetooth is enabled or not.

Thank you everyone for testing the devel build. In 2016-10-18 build removed hardware demux patch and added a change to allow playing very high bitrate videos.

Now let's try another dev build that has both: hardware demux buffering and a fix for high bitrate stuttering. I believe it also has no video/audio sync issue but I leave it for you to evaluate:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161018215738-r23396-g605a453.img.gz

People with "back key" issue can also try this, I think I finally fixed it - forgive me as I'm still learning sed. :D

Hi kszaq,

Don't have any high bitrate videos but the a/v is still in synch with this build :)

kszaq, I believe you made it! No more audio out of sync was noticed in the tested episode. I tested only 'The Walking Dead', not yet tested the 'Westworld'.

I am really grateful that we have a talented and perseverance programmer involved in this project.

Agreed!

Well done kszaq! I've tested both Westworld and Walking Dead and everything looks great now (no out of synch and no 'slowing down' of the video just before a black screen scene transition). I also notice that the vq% is now much lower than it was in 008 (I believe a previous poster mentioned this when pressing 'o' during playback and looking at the 4th line of info on screen). I'm sure it's all related.

The LibreELEC community is indeed fortunate to have top talent like your good self on board.

Many thanks again!! ;)

Next idea on audio/video sync to test: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017222824-r23391-g1d4bb98.img.gz

The same things as with previous test build apply:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

[hr]

What happens when you select HDMI output? Does optical work at that point?

Hi kszaq,

No change I'm afraid :(

The file that wkchick provided in post #196 (LibreELEC) gives the evidence. The part I test starts at 16 mins 45 seconds - there's a scene where the the winnebago reverses from a crowd and then the scene transition goes black (intentional). Then the out of sync occurs on the next speaking part at about 17 mins 35 seconds. Just skip to that part and hopefully you will see the problem.

When using 007 these scene transitions don't cause an issue, whereas in 008 the black screen lasts a couple of seconds longer. As wkchick points out, it appears to be something to do with 'black screen' scene transitions - they are 'stretched out' and run longer by a couple of seconds using 008 (causing the sync issue), whereas in 007 all is fine.

Thanks for your efforts!!

UPDATE: Just tried watching Westworld S01E03 (web download) using 008 and the sync problem again starts at a 'black screen' scene transition. I also notice that immediately before the screen goes black during the transition, that the video momentarily (but noticeably) starts to slow down (this happens maybe 1-2 seconds before the scene transition starts). With this specific video the problem starts at 20 minutes in. However, there is an earlier black screen scene transition (a shorter transition) and I had to delay the audio by 0.250 seconds after that transition to get a/v back perfectly in synch. So there does appear to be a general problem caused by black screen scene transitions which causes the audio to get ahead of the video. It will get progressively worse the more black screen scene transitions there are.

All works fine on 007.

So it does :blush:

But isn't there also a problem with 23.976 playback (ie an added frame every 41-odd seconds)? On my MXQ Pro I do see some stuttering under LE (and I don't see it on my NUC when playing the same file).

I don't have an S905X yet but on my S905 (Beelink MX64), 23.976 playback is perfect when the TV is set to 24p (no hiccup every 41 seconds or so). ;)
    [hr]

Dev build to test audio/video sync issues: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017080545-r23388-g7601b82.img.gz

2 important notes about this one:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

Hi kszaq,

No improvement on my MX64 :( . I ensured the latest 008 dtb.img was in the .update folder along with the img.gz file and the update did apply all changes.

I tested playback of the same episode (likely encoded by the same source, size of mine is 383,627,075 bytes), on M18 (metal chassis version of MX64 with external WiFi antenna) with kszaq 008 build this morning and got the same audio out of sync problem.

This evening I tested playback again of the same episode on MX64 using afl1's Krypton build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161016162512-r0002.img.gz, out of sync problem was gone.

I then prepared a fresh mSD install with kszaq's latest 008.fix.img (as suggested by JonSnow), and applied the latest 008 dtb (same was used with afl1's build), audio out of sync problem remains with playback of the episode.

I believe it is not related with the bitrate. Playback of videos with much higher bitrate were fine. I noticed that there are quite a number of scene transitions of that episode are complete black. Whenever that happened, video starts a little later than audio, might be one or two seconds. Adding one or two seconds every time results in audio out of sync. I haven't rolled back to 007 or any development build to check when the problem started.

Hope this information may narrow down the search for reasons of this issue.

Yes - happens around the scene transitions when the video goes momentarily black. I would be willing to test out any dev version :rolleyes:

I briefly tested the 008 and found that
    - buffer: now vq remains around 90%, in 007 with the same files vq goes to 0% after some minutes
    - in 008 in some video the audio is out of sync, it is ok in 007
    - 2 channels audio files with sr>44.1 (tested 48KHz and 96KHz) are not reproduced over HDMI...not testd S/PDIF

I stay with 007 for now ;)

kszaq, thanks again for your great work!

Yes - I've found that the audio can go out of sync in 008 (using beelink mx64 2gb ram 8gb rom 1gb ethernet ap6330 wifi). Specifically watching walking dead s06e16 (encoded using x265 codec at 720p resolution) and it's actually the video stream that appears to 'slow down' for a couple of seconds and this causes out of sync audio. Difficult to explain, but it happened a few times (at different points) in the same episode. If I stop and resume, it works for some minutes and then the problem resurfaces. I had the 008 'fix' version and the latest 008 dtb.img

I had previously used 007 for a few weeks without any audio sync issues (playing many movies and tv episodes) and have since reverted back to 007 and the problem has gone away.

If you already had LibreELEC installed why didn't you just use the update method?
    Update method worked great on my A95X ;) thanks kszaq!

Thanks for the heads up!

I was so used to installing new SD card versions via the toothpick method that I did not notice this way. This method of using the '.update' folder is much easier!

I've modified my original post with this finding.

Cheers.

Have v007 installed and working 100% on NAND on my Beelink MX64 - (S905 CPU, 2gb RAM and 8gb FLASH - 1gb ethernet and ap6330 wifi module with OTG port)

Downloaded v008 img.gz and used rufus v2.11.995 to load on to 32GBmicro SD card. Then downloaded new device tree from v008 folder (gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img and copied this to SD card.) This is what I did for v007 previously (but using the v007 folder instead).

When performing toothpick install, I get error :-

"Error in mount flash: mount_common: could not mount LABEL=BOOT"
    "starting debugging shell... type exit to quit"
    "ssh: can't access tty: job control turned off".

BOOT is the label of my micro SD card.

I have tried re-applying aml_autoscript on blank sd card with toothpick and then tyring to install v008 again, but still get the above error.

I think I have followed the install steps correctly !?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

EDIT: After reading the 'Update' instructions further I realized that I should update my SD card version v007 of LE using the '.Update' folder method by copying the v008 img.gz file and the new dtb.img to the '.update' folder within LE. I tried this and it worked. I was so used to installing a new version on the SD card (until v007) that I did not notice this method. This method of using the '.update' folder is much easier. Thanks again kszaq!!

device_trees has newer devicetrees as you can see, so if your dtb is from before 22 Sep. then you need to update it on your sd card and also on nand, according to kszaq

Thanks for your help!

I downloaded the newer version of the device tree (in my case 'gxbb p200 2G 1Gbit OTG Port.dtb', renamed it to dtb.img and placed it on the root of the sd card - rebooted and all working now! Thanks again :D