Thanks for asking.
I should in fact perhaps repeat upon every update.
- 64bit image is built from same code as 32bit one, all credits to our
- I never ran 32bit image. I suppose going from 64bit image to 32bit
image or vice versa is similar. Also, I always run from external SD.
Perhaps a clean install on dedicated external SD is safest approach.
- 32bit image will need less memory.
- 32bit image runs more addons. One cannot mix 32bit and 64bit code
So only addons without any binary code can work on both.
- 32bit image can also, should this ever be needed, use 32bit code
from android partitions. I doubt however if such would ever be needed
for average use. And I also doubt if it would work.
- It may be harder to find some 64bit addons. One may need to build
* In short: 32bit image has many advantages. 64bit image has some
That said. For my, agreed, simple usage, 64bit image with some TV
related addons works just fine. The few other addons I need work fine
I use 64bit LE primarily to allow me to maintain a gentoo 64bit
stage3 chroot. And because I have sufficient amount of RAM. And
because I have a 64bit machine.
I would say, use at own risk.
But... Does it have any significant improvement talking about performance?