Posts by The Coolest

Sadly I don't have the time to go over all of the LE threads for the S905X so I just wanted to post my findings so far and a few questions:

I have a Vizio M60-D1, currently on 2.2.7.4 firmware. The box I got is a Sunvell T95M (2GB + 8GB), with a S905X processor.
    I got this box specifically for HDR and the possibility of having the front display in the future. Obviously right now it works in Android, but not in LE.

To the issues I found so far:
    1) After a reboot, Kodi GUI is very dark until I start a video or IPTV stream. Once a video starts playing the GUI brightness goes back to normal.
    Now the other two issues I am not sure what's at fault, the TV or the box, but anyway:
    2) At 4K@60Hz HDR does not engage. If I manually switch Kodi to 4K@30Hz and disable refresh rate switching, I get HDR in 30FPS and 60FPS videos. 24FPS HDR video plays fine because it switches the TV down to 24Hz.
    3) At 4K@60Hz, 4K H264 files, such as this one. It plays, but there are a lot of artifacts (including Kodi OSD) going on the screen. It looks like parts of the image are being displayed in a different places on the screen. If I set it to 4K@30Hz and disable refresh rate switching, the videos play perfectly fine. There's no problem playing 30FPS or 60FPS 4K HEVC files at 4K@60Hz.
    *) If you need me to run some tests, I can do that, so let me know. I'm currently on the (a) build, not (b). I don't use BT nor Wifi on this box, but it was able to pick up my and my neighbors WIFI routers, so I guess it works.

Now to my questions:
    1) Does the box output 10bit 4:2:0 signal when displaying HDR? If not, what configuration does it use?
    2) I created a backup on my S812 box with LE on it, and after restoring the backup on the new box, at 4K@30 and 4K@24 the screen is cut off and the image looks like it's zoomed in. Is it possible to fix this without having to restore LE to defaults and configuring everything from scratch?
    3) What would it involve to get the front display on this box working in LE? I assume it uses some sort of driver, maybe it's possible to fish it out of the android that's still on the internal flash?

kszaq
    I just wanted to thank you for the work that you do, I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort.
    It's really impressive what can be done with $35-40 hardware.