Posts by The Coolest

Try the following

Code
    1.         fd628_gpio_clk = <&gpio GPIODV_22 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
    2.         fd628_gpio_dat = <&gpio GPIODV_23 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
    3.         fd628_gpio_stb = <&gpio GPIODV_21 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;

Thanks for replying.

Well I'll be damned! The above didn't actually work, but what I decided to do was:

Boot up android, go to the device tree folder, grab those files and just look at them with a hex editor.

My conclusion:

On my particular box, which is a Sunvell T95M S905X 2G/8G, the correct configuration is as follows:

Code
    1. fd628_gpio_clk = <&gpio_ao GPIOAO_5 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
    2. fd628_gpio_dat = <&gpio_ao GPIOAO_4 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
    3. fd628_gpio_stb = <&gpio_ao GPIOAO_3 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;

It did turn the screen on, but it looks a bit messed up. I guess the LCD is wired differently on this box than it is on the Tanix.

But now that I got it working, I'll fix the mapping tomorrow.

GDPR-2

I know that you will be adding LCD support to T95M and others soon, but I decided to see if I could get mine working myself, and asap.

After some trial and error I think I made some progress, but it still doesn't work.

I built my own device tree like so:

At first I had conflicts with audio_btpcm_pins, but I removed that section from the DT and the conflicts are now gone. (in dmesg: conflict and now no conflicts)

But sadly the LCD does not light up or display anything. I installed the FD628 Service and it seems to be active.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should try next?

GDPR-2

I have a Sunvell T95M with the same LCD and FD628 controller. I read the Tanix thread and your discussions with Javi.

Do you think that this change you added today will work on my box as well? Are there any changes required to the device tree or something else?

I'm currently running LE7.0.12 on that box, as it has the best IPTV performance and stability.

Do you think it should be straight forward to merge this change with LE7 and making a custom build? (I'm asking about doing it myself, not asking you to do it). Although I have to say that I never built LE for Amlogic (or at all, really) before.

I will probably try your next build with these changes and let you know if the display works on my box. It'd be awesome if this works on other boxes too.

What happens if you use 444, 10bit and GUI set to 2160p.(And adjust the saturation). On my TV 720, HD and UHD including HDR is perfect:) What happens on your's??

ps. Minde that the GUI Colors will be different than the video;)

I managed to get my scripts to work. I added 2 buttons to the Movies sub menu, with 8-bit and 10-bit and now I can switch between the two modes almost on the fly.

2re

Interesting. Sadly I don't have an AVR which can show me what the output signal of the box.

My issue is with my TV switching into BT.2020 mode even in SDR mode if I use 10 bit output, this messes SDR up.

I guess I'll just have to come up with a script to enable 10bit for when I want to play a HDR video and disable it after playback has started so that the box comes out of 10 bits when the playback stops.

Regarding 1080P vs 2160P and color issues, I guess your best way to tell is to check what the AVR is saying. But it's possible that the TV responds differently to a 1080P 10 bit signal than it does to a 2160P 10 bit signal.

I just tried adding a button to the skin UI to execute the echo '444,10bit' command, but using System.Exec just locks up Kodi.

Well looks like I can't execute the echo command directly from Kodi. I guess it does not have permission to edit the file?

Doing this via a Python script doesn't work either. Any help would be appreciated. I rather not to rely on an external device to switch between the two modes, and would prefer to do the switching directly from Kodi's UI.

Any help would be appreciated.

2re

How do you know? With LE 8.2.2.2 I see no difference in color between the box and the TV's built in player for HDR content. With LE 8.2.1.1 there was a significant difference between 10 bit and 8 bit output from the box.

This means that 10 bit works just fine now. Make sure that you're running the latest LE 8.2.2.3 build.

2re

HD and UHD are resolutions. So are 2160P (aka 4K) and 1080P.

I assume that when Kodi GUI is at 4K you get BT.2020 label on the HDMI input info, but in 1080P you don't?

I suggest you remove the 444 10bit entry from autostart.sh and see if that fixes it.

SDR should look the same, regardless of content or GUI resolution. There is no benefit forcing 10 bit out of the box for SDR content.

2re

In one word: What?

Most of what you said makes no sense. 2160P and 1080P are resolutions. "UHD" usually refers to 2160P or 4K resolution.

Either way, I have yet to test this with a meter, but it looks like with the latest builds 10 bit is now automatically enabled when you play a HDR10 video. Thus, there's no need to set 444 10 bit anymore.

I have 2 boxes:

Sunvell T95N 2GB/8GB, works great. I think that LE7 didn't have wifi. On the latest build of LE8 (8.2.2.2) Wifi works just fine.

Sunvell T95M 2GB/8GB, again works great, currently on LE7 and I don't plan to upgrade as LiveTV in Jarvis works a lot better and faster. The only gripe is that the front LCD doesn't work.

I think neither have access to the internal NAND (running them from an SD card), but I don't mind that.