Posts by sergiobaiao

as i told before, my home network is fully gigabit compatible. I have a Dell 10 Gigabit switch, my router is also gigabit capable. All of my hardware is set to jumbo frames. I run 200m of fiber in my home, it's a whole block ;)

When i asked the question i forgot to tell that i have a computers science degree, i'm a network engineer and have a lot of knowledge on the field. Instead of telling that the default 1500 will do just fine, you could have just answered the question with useful information, because i know what i'm asking about. If this was a real linux distro, it would only need information written on the interfaces file, but as libreelec and also openelec reads it's network configuration from a xml file written by LE configurator and LE configurator doesn't have a MTU option, it would make sense to mess with the xml.

Hi there,

I'm currently a LE user with both a wetek play and wetek core devices. My home network is fully gigabit compatible, but i was unable to find anywhere how to configure the MTU for the onboard wetek ethernet. The only way to fully utilize a gigabit network is to change the MTU to 9000, so to enable jumbo frames on the network layer.

Is there any way to do it ?

Trying to set it mannualy doesn't work:

#ifconfig eth0 mtu 9000
    ifconfig: SIOCSIFMTU: Device or resource busy