Posts by Mazert

Yep I've managed to sort it after messing all the scaling settings some worked for streaming from NAS but not for bbc iplayer, some made interface offscreen when pausing video.

Here's the correct settings.
    Go to settings/interface settings and set zoom to -4, leave video calibration settings as default 0, can move subtitle position in video calibration if you want to.
    Play a video then pause it and move cursor to video icon on the right and set video zoom to 0.95 then choose set for all media.

Now videos from NAS, youtube and iplayer all show the full image and the interface displays perfect :)

The strange thing is when I went to Jarvis and looked at the settings video zoom for media was already set to 0.95, I can't remember ever setting that in Jarvis as I thought it was still set on 1.01 from testing it on another TV, I thought maybe setting -4 zoom in Jarvis automatically set 0.95 for all media but when I set skin zoom back to 0, media zoom stayed at 0.95.

So basically Jarvis and Krypton settings are now exactly the same.

Been messing with this for a few days on a TV that overscan can't be disabled and I've sorted it.

Simple answer is set zoom -4 in interface settings, leave video calibration settings as default 0, can move subtitle position in video calibration if you need to though.
    Play a video then pause it and move cursor to video icon on the right and set video zoom to 0.95 then choose set for all media.

Aspect doesn't make any difference (well setting 4.3 on tv remote makes the 4.3 side borders appear and the BBC icon is still cut)
    Krypton just doesn't scale the video to remove the overscan but Jarvis does perfectly just by setting -4 zoom in the interface setting.

edit.
    Just set zoom 0 on jarvis and BBC was cut for a split second then it zoomed out removed the overscan!
    So Jarvis displays it fine even when interface and video calibration are set wrong. Strange.

Hi, thanks for the great work with LibreElec.
    I have a Nexbox s95x (905x) with Krypton 8.0.0c (on sdcard) and Jarvis 7.0.3.012i (on nand)
    I've noticed the video scaling is wrong on Krypton when using a TV where overscan can't be disabled.

Only tried streaming from internet at the moment with display set as 720p and 1080p (same outcome with both resolutions)

Setup
    Jarvis: interface zoom -4% video calibration untouched (corner arrows are off the screen and can't be seen)
    Displays interface and videos fine though (BBC logo in top left of stream is fully shown with space around it)

Krypton: interface zoom -4 video calibration untouched (corner arrows are off the screen and can't be seen)
    Displays interface fine but videos have BBC logo cut off.

interface zoom 0, video calibration with arrows at edge of the screen.
    interface displays ok, BBC logo cut off, interface cut off when pausing video.

interface zoom -4, video calibration with arrows at corner of screen
    interface has black border (as you would expect) BBC logo is still cut off.

Does Krypton handle scaling differently to Jarvis?

Well Rechargelegend has the same box as me (although using different libeelec version) and it doesn't work on theirs so i'm not sure what's causing it.
    I've got 3 panasonic plasmas ranging from 2-9 years old and it's the same on them all. I've not changed any other video settings in libreelec.
    Might just be the version of libreelec i'm using or more likely panasonic plasmas.

No one tried this yet? Would be interesting to know if the tweak works on other amlogic boxes or on 4K TV's also whether there's something else causing it to be blurred in lebreelec at the default zoom.
    I'm using libreelec version 7.0.3.010
    It's a big increase in image quality (see below)
    4K video was downloaded from youtube using 4K video downloader.

I've got an A95X and was messing around with the zoom playing 4K videos and found that pausing the vid and going to the video icon and changing zoom to 1.01 made the image razor sharp, changing back to 1.00 put a slight blur over the whole image.

Does this happen to anyone else?

It might just be me as I'm using a 1080p TV, just thought I'd mention it :)

Sorry about no log, thought the answer would definitely be because I probably didn't copy the device tree file over.
    Not at home now but it's connected to a panny bluray all in one cinema system that's got dtshd and true hd logos on so I assume it can decode them (unless it can only decode from a bluray disc and not through hdmi in)

The 4k tears of steel stream is an smb share from a Synology nas with gigabit ethernet connected to gigabit switch and A95x is connected to that.

A 2 hour movie with that bit rate would be about 65GB so its nearing the 10MBs limit of 100mbps ethernet.

I know most 4k content won't be that high bit tate, just surprised they don't put gigabit ethernet on everything now.

Thanks.

Hi, Just bought an a95x nexbox and put libreelec 7.0.3.010 build on it and when setting passthrough and playing DTS-HD and TRUE-HD test files I get no audio.
    Everything else works fine. I can't remember if I copied the tree file over when installing it, would that make the HD audio not work?

Also when playing Tears of Steel 4K (6.5GB 12 Minutes long) from NAS over ethernet I get stuttering, it plays fine from usb stick.
    So do these TV boxes only have 10/100 ethernet ports? Bit of a disappointment is so.

Thanks.