Posts by pavlov70

I would guess that if you just wait after the display goes black, then it will eventually begin playing OK again (after the length of time of the skip has passed). I would be interested in having you confirm if you see the same behavior.

Normal playback does indeed resume if I let it continue. In fact, normal playback resumes pretty much where it would if EDL skip was working normally. Basically it appears as though Kodi is blanking the screen and sound during EDL cuts instead of skipping.

Hardware: Asus Chromebox with Intel Celeron 2955U & 4GB RAM

Issue: Videos are set to automatically play next episode in Kodi settings. When playing video ends and the switch to next video begins, Kodi completely freezes and no remote buttons respond. It requires either a reboot from ssh or a hard-reset on the Chromebox. Issue did not happen when running v7.0.3.
    Log: Ubuntu Pastebin

Please let me know if I can provide any other info.

I ran into a similar issue on an older Intel Nuc. I found changing DRI to 2 in xorg.conf fixed it.

LibreELEC

Hi,

I have a few Haswell NUC's that have served me well for the last few years. Up until 7.90.007 playing queued videos worked fine. However, with .007 and later, the second and subsequent videos often exhibit stuttering. This usually could be fixed by going to the Home screen then back to the video, or skipping to the next video and back again. Occasionally, the system would freeze or reboot if the stuttering was allowed to go uncorrected after multiple videos.

Anyway after a bit of troubleshooting, I determined that setting DRI to 2 in xorg.conf resolved the issue:

Code
    Option "DRI"        "2"

I've been running with that setting for over a week now. Other than resolving my stuttering, I don't see any other changes to the picture quality. Hope this helps others.