Posts by 79bass

79bass: I can also confirm that device tree from 009 build works OK and audio works on Minix U1 - there are audio/sync issues though sadly for now.

Thanks! but in 009 the gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb is gone. So I guess I should use the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb instead.

There is also a device tree in the .010, :P.

Hopefully the audio sync will be fixed once the playback framework is sorted out completely in the following builds... it's still alpha after all.

I was casually searching for a linux based system for my neo U1 (I use to have openelect on my defunct amlogic s802 machine, bought a minix neo u1 months ago and never had time to hack it), and I ended up here, cool. I always wanted to try the new default UI in Krypton, so I ignored the "stable" libreelect 7.0 that seems to work on the Minix Neo U1, and tried directly the latest 8.0-devel alpha build.

So, my machine is a Minix NEO U1.
    firmware used: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20161204210449-r24821-g9f57b18.img
    device-tree : gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb (from 7.0.2.007 here)

Got a random 2Gb USB, flashed librelec img, replaced the dtb.img, arrived home from the office, insert the usb in a random port: libreelect booted up, totally unexpected, super cool!

Out of the box:
    Screen resolution is set to 3840×2160, fits perfectly.
    WiFi works, I was expecting not to, yay!
    can connect and control with the kore android app, can add remote sources, can downloads add-ons, can stream music and videos.. it just works
    HDMI-CEC is perfect (samsung 4k "curved" TV)
    3rd party remote with a "pointer" mouse and keyboard on the back works, pointer works, keyboard works. (I forgot to test the remote bundled with the box)

Problems:
    Audio doesn't work
    the option is greyed out in the system settings and the only choice is Bluetooth/pulseaudio.

I can't find any option that would enable HDMI passthrough, I think I could try to connect a bluetooth speaker to the box but it would be simplier to just wait for a fix.

Untested is:
    Bluetooth, I just enable it, but forgot to test further... (I may gibe it a try with the speaker, next time I boot up)
    Ethernet, I can test it eventually, just to report, if needed.
    Live TV, I have an old AverTV A800 DVB, which I may try to connect to test dvb... but I'm not sure it is going to work ever, I don't even have an antenna...

As a first test I'm very impressed!
    Is there a quick fix for the audio problem (eg some blob I need to place somewhere)?

Good job and thanks!