Posts by Nofan Tasi

My 64bit image build went fine but I cannot build the service/tvheadend42 addon (other addons build fine)

Code
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon service.tvheadend42

simply returns

the change with previous package is

Does this ring a bell?

Where shall I report this upstream?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you update temp Sensor disabled 8.0.1k in 64 bit version?

Thank you!

mrtr32

Thanks for asking... Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I simply build from source.

I am not sure how the 'temp sensor disabled' variation is implemented and I am not sure why it is used.

Perhaps it is implemented in kernel .config to give alternative /flash/kernel.img boot image ?
    and
    Perhaps it is used to prevent high temp kernel trip threshold action ?

Again, I don't know for sure.

Can you tell why 'temp sensor disabled' variation is used and how it is implemented?

have a nice day

the xdelta's are small indeed ...

What are the advantages of the 64-bit version? How it can be used for our boxes?

There are no real advantages that I know of. Unless if some code would take advantage of 64bit.
    Perhaps even some disadvantages: 64bit sure needs more memory/diskspace and has less addons supported.
    But, it might be OK for people having enough RAM and only modest addon requirements.
    Works for me (mainly used as DVB-T server and client).
    Switching from/to 32/64 bit on same storage medium needs some care. I never tried it though, so I cannot comment.
    So, running from dedicated (fast) SD card is probably safest approach to try out.

if, unlike myself, you are a handyman, you may want to solder a console and perhaps have to watch something there.

For people who for some reason want to try 64bit 8.0.1f : LE – Google Drive
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170417233108-r25794-g74901ab.img.gz
    [built verbatim from kszaq repository]
    You can also find some TV related addons (some versions were updated)
    pvr.hts-3.4.20.1.zip
    pvr.iptvsimple-2.4.8.1.zip
    pvr.mythtv-5.0.9.1.zip
    service.tvheadend42-8.1.111.zip
    and some more LE addons in 'addons' directory.

Hello,
    I have a question regarding live TV and external USB Tuners.

Currently I am using my Box (905x) to watch live TV via DVBViewer Plugin - utilizing a TV Server. That works really good.

kszaqs builds have drivers for external tuners, if I understand correctly?! I can`t find any information, which tuners are supported by these. Any hints, where to look?
    And is it possible to use an USB DVB-T2 Tuner and my DVBViewer TV Server together?! Use two PVR Clients simultaneously?
    DVB-T2 here in Germany uses HEVC H.265 here in Germany - that should work, no?!

Help appreciated :)

Several DVB-T(2) sticks are supported [like the one in my signature] and one can use tvheadend42 as backend en pvr.hts as frontend on one box. There may be other backend/frontend combinations, like VDR. I also run mythtv frontend for a mythtv backend running on an x86_64 gentoo HTPC.