Posts by Shoog

os.libreelec.tv is a missing dependency with the 8.90 build, this is essential for correct functioning of TVheadend. How would I go about finding the appropriate addons and adding them to my build. If I understand correctly this is a bundle of essential base addons for a correctly functioning Libreelec build.

Shoog

Sorry, to hassle - but are you suggesting that if I had a complete scan list already I could copy it into the TVheadend config files and it would use them ?

I have a complete running TVheadend setup at the moment - but its stuck on LE 7.2 so there maybe compatibility issues.

Still it offers us hope that if anyone with the expertise applies themselves it could be a relatively simple fix.

Shoog

So I went back and investigated the Android build (tried the other version from the downloads page of Khadas). Got DVB-S without any issues, but discovered the card functions as either a DVB-S or a DVB-T or a DVB-C card, but not interchangeably between the different formats. Unfortunate limitation but not totally unexpected.

Shoog

So having the same issues here, LE 8.2.8 works with some dtb.img but not with others. Seems no one is working on this version so its unlikely that proper support for the DVB-S feature will arrive.

Experimented with the LE s912-8.90 build but couldn't get it to boot with any of the dtb.img I came across.

From what a Khadas associated says this is an issue with propitiatory drivers and will not be quickly resolved:

"

Libreelec and VIM2 is clear.

Libreelec and VIM2 is clear.
    About the vTV HAT, there is no working open source linux drivers at the moment and they can’t be compiled as well if you are not a C+ guru having the vendor source :slight_smile: This HAT and all boards on this chipset can be used only with Android. I make an “investigation” and the problem is much more complicated than just to compile some drivers from available source even it is sent by the vendor itself. Don’t push kszaq to help, because he can’t! Even with compiled drivers this board not work (tested) in linux, because they don’t work. The source spinning around is not the correct one! linux drivers are proprietary peace of software used in commercial linux based STBs. No drivers, no TV. I hope that soon, the chipset vendor will open their drivers, otherwise somebody have to write drivers and not to compile them"

I am fairly disappointing since not even the version of Android I tried supported the DVB-S function which smacks of false advertising after 3months out in the wild.

Shoog

Great work.

I have been successfully using the 7.0.2 DVB build for around a year now. It recognises my dvbSKY s850 card and my Hauppauge dvb-T card. i also have a HDstar external USB DVB-s tuner which works.

I was really excited when the new 8.1.1 build came out but on initial testing no configuration seems to detect the dvbSKY s850 card. Any idea if this can ever be remedied ?

Stephen

I release as usual a build with different drivers, BUT i guess the old drivers won't build anymore.
    But you can send a dmesg | paste and I can have a look maybe a simple fix.

bdLR

I have downgraded back to 7.0.2 in the mean time, but it trashed a few things which I am having to rebuild. Messed with my python which has upset my skins.

Sorry just realised thats the dmesg from after the downgrade - so nothing useful to offer for debugging sorry.

Stephen

Hi all,
    I had my Libreelec working on 7.0.2 with the dvb drivers build. I think I needed to use the crazycat option in the driver selector to get my DVBsky dvb-s s830 tuner to work.
    I upgraded to the generic 7.95.1 because it said that the driver support had been migrated on mass to the official build. However when I load it and check the webinterface of TVheadend I only find my Hauppauge DVB-T card showing up. It seems that there is no longer the module loader plugin so I have no way of loading in the appropriate module to get my DVBsky card working. When I look at dmesg there is no obvious sign of my dvbsky card. Its based upon the Montage M88TS2020 chip.

So is there any work around to get this card working in 7.95.1 or am I going to have to downgrade ?

Stephen

Shoog: The 119MB issue has been fixed for a while now, and shouldn't be an issue in my Kodi 18 test builds or the latest LibreELEC 8 beta build (7.95.1), both of which should boot from USB with the full complement of RAM. Which version of LibreELEC are you testing that has this RAM issue?

I am using 7.0.3 because I know its stable otherwise.
    This fix hasn't made it into the mainline boot files yet after a good six months of been out there

[hr]

There is a problem with trying this as there is a known bug which means that when you enable boot from USB only 119MB of ram is available on the system. This is cured on the Raspbian system by using an updated version of bootcode.bin, but this doesn't cure the issue when used in a Libreelec build.

At the moment it would seem that this facility is broken until someone looks at the specifics of the Libreelec and firmware integration.

Update: if you try copying all the firmware across from the Raspbian next build, you get a broken system with everything stuck at the rainbow splash screen.

Stephen

Hi all,
    I have a new pi3 which I am setting up Libreelec on for a friend. I decided to take advantage of the new boot from USB HDD facility so went through the procedure of installing the Raspbian OS and upgrading to the next build to enable the facility. I then copied over the Libreelec files from an install I did earlier on the pi3 but retained the original bootcode.bin and start.elf files from Raspbian to retain the boot from HDD facility.
    Everything works but there is an annoying bug which only allows use of 119MB of the full 1024MB of onboard ram. This is a known bug and there is an updated bootcode.bin for Raspbian available which claims to reveal the full 1024mb. I installed this on the Libreelec boot partition and rebooted - but I am still only seeing 119MB.
    This is an unusable system as it quickly enters a swap loop and locks up.

My question is, is this a known bug for Libreelec and is anyone actually looking into it ?

Supposedly if I revert to using an SD card to boot off - this issue goes away, but it seems a bit of shame if Libreelec cannot utilize this useful facility. Is there a Libreelec build which specifically is optimized for running directly off a HDD on a pi3 ?

Stephen
    [hr]
    There is another thread on this. It seems at the moment there is no compatible firmware to make this work on a Libreelec system. If you use the firmware from the next Raspbian build you get a stuck at rainbow result.

Stephen