Posts by Shoog

therefore the change to remove "installtointernal" does not affect me?

I was concernend that the emmc driver gets removed.

Therefore this change only applies to "new" installs, not updates?

That would be my understanding. The "installtointernal" is a one shot deal and after that everything points to the emmc as if it was just another sd card.

I think its a shame this feature is been dropped, these boxes are fairly useless as Android media servers so I cannot see any reason to want to keep the Android.

Shoog

Experiencing very similar behaviour on my VIM2 with onboard dTV DVB-s card. I had attributed it to the experimental nature of the driver for the card, but maybe the TVh server is the cause. However most of the time it is working OK.

Shoog

Can anyone clarify a few things about these builds and their dvb support.

Does the dvb-s and dvb-t work together or is it an either or situation - ie does it change mode on the fly with seemless integration of the two types in one channel list.

Has anyone got the internal tuner to play nicely with external USB tuners ? Any experience of using a HDstar v3 with the Mecools.

The reason I ask is a testing build has just been released for the VIM2 which is almost identical hardware to the Mecool Kiii Pro and it currently has issues with both these dvb functions. Since it could be many months before this build reaches maturity, I would like to feel confident that all these essential functions will eventually work on the VIM2. Should I cut my losses and move along ? Also its possible to buy the Mecool Kii Pro for about €70.00 so it would be viable to simply splash the cash for one which has practically the same functionality as my VIM2, and find a new purpose for the VIM.

Thoughts ?

Shoog

Very close now I think !!

Today I tested first working build.

Work progress:

1. serial2parallel conversion in S912 is working;
    2. driver is now able scan channels, I tested it for dvb-s and dvb-t;
    3. blue channel lock led is fixed;
    4. live tv playback is working only for few channels, I have to fixed this issue.

Hello

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
    /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

What could it mean in fresh LE 8.90.2?

All files in proper places, all they and DTB was cheked with 8.90.4, and all was fine (except stability..)

Thank you

The whole remote setup changed between those two versions. What worked for 8.90.2 will not work for 8.90.4 - Guaranteed. The change is well documented in the introduction post to 8.90.4

Stephen

I'm sorry but I cant figure out how to install or boot from sd to use LibreElec or Lakka on my MXIII. Cant find the info on the wiki, or the forums. I really need help and maybe a sticky should be made for newbies. Please help and/or point me to the right direction!

All I know from the info I gathered around that my device is a Tronsmart MXIII 2G running firmware "Tronsmart MXIII_115k4_20150603", and I should use S82 builds. But cant for the life of me figure out how to boot from SD or install to nand.

EDIT: Downloaded LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-S82.img, flashed it with Etcher, tried to boot from SD with toothpick and the box shows Filesystem corruption detected. Did the same with Lakka-S8X2.S82.arm-2.1.img, and screen stays black. I really dont know what is going wrong.

With these older boxes, which do not use the same boot logic as the newer boxes, quite often the technique to load LE onto them can take many stages and require loading Android versions before getting to the LE. It can be very box specific and what works for one probably wont for another. Its a matter of experimenting until something works - always running the risk of bricking your box along the way. Knowing how to use AMburn tool is almost essential - which can require physically modifying your board and having a USB A - USB A cable (not common - I had to build my own). Also you can expect to have to short the NAND to recover from SOFT BRICKS along the way.

Also, once you have a working version of LE, do not expect to be able to upgrade it as these boxes are been left behind in the dirt.

No one is going to hold your hand - its up to you to dig out old threads to find out what worked for others. Freaktab and XDA forums are your best sources of information.

Stephen

Status update:

Finally this week arrived VIM2 + VTV.

I started work to adopt AVL6862 driver to support VTV board.

Current driver support Mecool K-series devices. The main differences between Mecool and Khadas is how is AVL6862 demodulator connected to S912 hw demuxer. Mecool use parallel connection (8 bits) vs. Khadas serial.

Current open source AVL6862 driver by Luis Alves supports only parallel transfer.

Task to do:

1. Modify device tree blob to serial connection and support lock led;
    2. Add serial support to AVL6862 driver;
    3. Update amlogic modules aml_dvb and aml_dmx to accept serial data from demodulator
      Work is in progress. The first two step are almost done.
      Currently I am very busy and I have no spare time to concentrate on 3. point

Something has gone very badly wrong with my LE 8.90.4 since yesterday. It keeps crashing on channel switches in TVH, and it will not launch any of the addons. It will not change skin without crashing (I am running Mimic) . It was relatively fine until yesterday.

Update: I reinstalled the update file for LE 8.90.4 and this seems to have restored all functions.

update: I switched back to Estuary skin. It seems that some auto update broke the Mimic skin. I am still getting lingering crashes when switching channels in TVH especially if it is just coming out of an addon. Seems it might be a reversion on the frame rate switching issues that the build was experiencing previously. If there is anything I can do to provide useful logs for this let me know. At the moment LE 8.90.4 is definitely less stable than 8.90.2 and if things degrade again I will probably roll back to 8.90.2.

It also crashes when launching the Libreelec Config Addon whilst a TVH stream is playing, I think this is a long standing bug.

Update: TVH server has stopped working and I cannot reinstall it based upon unmet dependencies.

Update:After a reboot I reinstalled TVH successfully.

Shoog

For anyone travelling the path of setting up Webgrab+Plus here is a summery of my experience:

-fetch the Mono Zip file and unpack it into the addons folder of your LE

-goto the Webgrab+Plus website and download the binary for Webgrab, follow instructions on the site for how to install. Perform a test run of the "run.sh" binary to make certain it installed correctly.

-choose a suitable websource for your country from within the siteini pack in the folder generated by webgrab setup binary, be aware that these ini files are very poorly maintained and it is my experience that most will not work (the real reason is that the websites used keep changing and there are thousands to maintain, this is beyond the scope of a single maintainer to keep on top of). I eventually used the radiotimes source, but even this needed editing to remove duplicate channel entries. Try one until it works and be prepared to edit the channel list to get it to work.

-once you have ran the "run.sh" to generate a guide.xml to test that all is working, you need to generate a cron job to autostart webgrab++ on each reboot and to download a guide at regular intervals. Again this is described fully at the setup instructions on the webgrab website.

-finally you need to tell your TvHeadend server where to find the guide you generated. This is done in the configuration addon for TvHeadend server (not in the TvHeadend web interface)..

Eventually the bugs stopping the webgrab+Plus addon from installing will be resolved and this will simplify the process greatly.

Hope that helps.

Shoog