Posts by awiouy

I am having trouble making this as an addon. So far I have (omitting the copyright message:

I have cribbed this from the existing vpeter/oe github referred to above, plus a bit of what I have gathered from looking up othr addons (both OE and LE). I also have a freshly compiled OE7 tree.

However it doesn't compile. Using

Code
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 ./scripts/create_addon xdotool

it eventually ends up with

Now time to cook dinner. Solutions on a postcard etc etc. Thanks guys.

Hello nickr,

If xdottool is only used in combination with chromium, it is maybe easier to ship it with chromium, see eg the PR to add unclutter.

I will have time to assist tonight

Hello DomJ4ck,

Thank you for the feedback. I will add the bitrate option. I will also add an option to select the playback route (auto, HDMI or jack).

I am however away from my computer, so you will have to wait a bit.

Thank you for your patience.

How do I convert it to an addon?

Is it as simple as changing this line?

Code
    PKG_IS_ADDON="no"

You also need to populate the addon, ie, addon() function, source directory, etc

If you provide me some details about the purpose of xdotool and how it works, I am willing to create an addon, or to add it to the chromium addon.

Hi all,

I've just switched from a Raspberry Pi B+ to a ODROID-C2. Prior to that I was running Kodi on a desktop computer as a HTPC. Just setting up my new to me LibreELEC and there's a few things I can't figure out and Google (and this forum) return nothing which is mostly how I configure system settigns such as SSH port, setting up SSH keys and a few other tweaks when / is mounted as read-only please.

I can't find anything relating to this in the wiki either unelss I'm looking for the wrong subject. As a side note anyone have problems posting in Chrome? I've had to blow off the dust and fire-up Firefox just to post this. In Chrome this text entry box appears greyed out.

Thanks

Hello Complex_Username,

According to the code, you can pass parameters to sshd of LibreELEC with the SSH_ARGS variable of /storage/.cache/services/sshd.conf, which is writeable. Eg, to have sshd listen on port 789, set SSH_ARGS="-p 789" in /storage/.cache/services/sshd.conf, and then restart sshd (with systemctl restart sshd, or with reboot).

I never used this option, so I cannot confirm that it actually works, but it might be worth a try.

Please let me know if it makes or breaks.

Still maintaining the stable 7.0 branch.
    Is a 7.03 coming?

Different question: would it be possible to make nightly builds (just for latest stable branch and for master branch if changes happen at all)?

v

A1: Maybe. Apart from addons there are not many differences between current head of libreelec-7.0 and release 7.0.2, yet.

A2: It is indeed possible, but no one has done it, yet.

I hope these answers fit the ones you expect ;)

Hello PKOneTwo,

Why don't you roll your own?

Code
    git clone https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git remote add upstream https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    git fetch upstream
    git checkout upstream/libreelec-7.0
    PROJECT=your_project ARCH=your_arch make image

Hello Everyone,

Before I start beating my head against the wall, is there a quick and easy reason Emby would refuse or fail to stream video to any player? Using the web quick setup, it gets stuck at the FFMPEG section, not seeming to like any of the options.

Thanks for all the hard work!

In order to help you, I need more information, eg what LibreELEC project (Generic, RPi, RPi2, etc) you are running on, and a log.

Incidentally, hardware transcoding on Rasperry Pi is not implemented, yet. It is work in progress, nevertheless.

I have taken the liberty to wrap the spotify-connect-web project into addons, that I have proposed to LibreELEC.

I am looking for volunteers to test drive these addons.

Unfortunately, the spotify-connect-web project only runs on Raspberry 2 and 3 devices, and overcoming this limitation lies with the spotify-connect-web project. As a consequence thereof, the addons only run on Raspberry 2 and 3 devices.

The addons are available from the LibreELEC repository.

Operation:
    1. Install the addon
    2. Get your spotify_appkey.key from here
    3. Place the spotify_appkey.key in the addon home folder, ie smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.spotify-connect-web
    4. Configure Spotify username and password via the addon settings
    5. Redirect Spotify streams from your Spotify app to LibreELEC
    6. Enjoy!

Further reading:
    spotify-connect-web README.md
    Spotify Connect forum thread

New with release 91:
    - added bit rate to the addon settings
    - added playback route to the addon settings
    - removed spotify_appkey.key from the addon settings: spotify_appkey.key must be located in the addon home folder
    - cosmetic changes

I managed to make it work:
    - remove/rename libasound.so.2 from the spotify-connect-web directory
    - run ./spotify-connect-web -o hw:0,1 -u username -p password
    - no need to create /storage/.config/asound.conf
    - do not forget to add your spotify_appkey.key

I guess this can be improved, since the output of amixer hints at mono output.

A addon is on the way, nevertheless!

Until then, please be so kind to share your feedback/requests on this thread.

Enjoy!

I got spotify-connect-web to run, by creating /storage/.config/asound.conf, which was missing.
    The content of the file I use is:

Code
    pcm.!default {
            type hw
            card 0
    }

ctl.!default {
            type hw
            card 0
    }

I will keep you posted if I manage to play music.
    Enjoy!

I know this is a stupid question, but how do you use the mono addon properly? I have several short mono apps that work fine in other linux distros but I have not for the life of me figured out how to use it properly in Libreelec. Even a small hint would be appreciated.

Hello ernisse,

Upload your app to LE, ssh to LE, type mono app name at the command line.

If you provide me with an app, I will gladly provide you with more detailed explanations.

I hope this answers your question.

Team LibreELEC is happy to announce that WebGrab+Plus is available as a LibreELEC addon.

Addon Home Folder:
    - via Kodi: Files, Profile directory, addon_data, service.webgrabplus
    - via smb: smb://libreelec.local//userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus
    - via ssh: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus

Operation:
    The service produces files guide.xml and mediaportal.xml in the addon home folder.

Configuration:
    Simply add desired channels in WebGrab++.config.xml in the addon home folder.
    Available channels may be found in the siteini.pack folder in the addon home folder.
    Optionally, edit chans2correct.xml to control xmltv_time_correct.
    Do not edit file names in the configuration files, as this is likely to break service operation.

To restart the service (aka run now):
    - via Kodi: disable and enable the addon

To inspect operation:
    - via smb: smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/WebGrab++.log.txt
    - via ssh: systemctl status service.webgrabplus, or journalctl -u service.webgrabplus

One shot manual operation via ssh:
    - webgrabplus.run

Please share your feedback on this thread.

Enjoy!

Thank you for your feedback.
    I was waiting for it to request merging the pull request.
    The official addon should hopefully be availabe soon.

I must be denser than you think.
    I typed "smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/guide.xml" into to Add Sources in Kodi on the Windows machine and got "can't retrieve directory information".

Earlier I added a source "smb:// 192.168.1.211//storage" I thought that was working, but it only shows the directories, not the files.

For some reason the sources don't have a problem RPi to Windows. iVue on the RPi can use the guide.xml on the windows machine.

I know it is something I don't understand.

Are you trying to access guide.xml on LibreELEC from Kodi on Windows?
    If this is the case:
    - first, add the corresponding source (ie, a folder, not a file) on Kodi on Windows (files, add source, browse, add network location, etc to add smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus - do not add the file in the source)
    - then, use this source to access files (eg, config.xml) from the addon on Kodi on Windows.
    I hope this answers your question

awiouy, Please can you clarify....We can install and/or update addon in our existing LibreELEC installation by downloading and then accessing provided .zip in normal way to install an addon.

If we have already previously setup our webgrab+ configuration files and wish to view new examples from latest zip, we delete our userdata _> addon_data -> servicewebgrabplus folders. Otherwise we can just install from .zip and only underlying installation files are updated, with user configuration items in userdata _> addon_data -> servicewebgrabplus unchanged?

Thanks for the update

The update changes the paths of most of the output files, some of which are used by webgrabplus.start
    it is therefore preferable to delete the service.webgrabplus folder.
    If you have added many channels to WebGrab++.config.xml, it may be a good idea to save them someplace, to be able to put them in the new WebGrab++.config.xml.
    I hope I have answered your question.
    [hr]
    [hr]

How can I make WebGrab write guide.xml to smb:// Windows10machine /EPG/guide.xml ?

That is the address I can use to get iVue on the RPi to use the guide.xml that I moved there from the RPi. I put that address into the <filename> in WebGrab++.config.xml, but it insists on looking for it in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/smb:// Windows10machine/EPG/guide.xml.

When I redirected the guide.xml to /storage/guide.xml it worked fine.

I am linux dumb, what have I done wrong?

Why don't you do it the other way around, ie access guide.xml from windows10machine via smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/guide.xml?