Posts by awiouy

Hm... I may have been too brief. Let me try again: when Python throws errors on LibreELEC, it refers to the Python build path. LibreELEC, Python and addons are built by chewitt in his home directory, /home/chewitt... This explains messages referring to /home/chewitt/... in the log

Hi,

I've the following setup: Raspberry Pi 2 with Hifiberry DAC+, LibreELEC 7.90.010 (Kodi 17 Beta 7).

I set the DAC as Audio Output in the LibreELEC Settings. I configured the Spotify Addon with the Wizzard (Service at Port 4000 is running). When I press play, I don't hear anything. If I change the Audio Output in the LibreELEC settings to HDMI I can hear the music (through the Hifiberry DAC). When I change it back, I can't hear the music anymore

Could someone explain what I am doing wrong?

thanks!

I am not sure that Kodi and Spotify Connect Web can share the Hifiberry DAC+

Great I added the needed libs and at least I can stream movies when transcoding is disabled. If I enable OpenMAX I get: http://pastebin.com/wns8XdgW
    The lib /opt/vc/lib/libopenmaxil.so looks like a hardcoded path that does not exist for me on imx6. Adding the lib manually to the path you suggested does not work.
    Are we in a dead-end here or is there a solution to get the lib to the correct path?

Have you restarted Emby after you copied the lib?
    If yes, to fix we would have to check where in the LE source libmmal is copied to /usr/lib for RPi2, and reproduce for imx6, if possible.
    [hr]

Directly from the Emby web page:
    Install Dependencies

• mono 4.6.2 or above
    • sqlite3
    • ImageMagick (preferably Q8, without OpenMP, without HDRI)

I will try your Docker suggestion soon.

Thank you for your help.

I have tried this, but current Emby crashes :(
    WebGrab+Plus seems to run correctly, though.
    I have to investigate...

Hi awiouy,
    I managed to build emby with all the options you used. Solution for my problem: the Raspberry Pi Userland is only built and not installed when using ./buildme and cross-compile. After installation it worked like a charm. So I have a ffmpeg including OpenMAX and MMAL, basically built like yours.
    Now the BUT:
    If I copy it into emby and try to play a movie I get this error: http://pastebin.com/VAHj0qse
    The Lib libmmal_core.so is not found, which is right because it does not exist. How do I copy it from my UNIX system into LibreElec? /lib and /usr/lib are read-only. Or do I have to start a complete LibreElec IMX6-build and then it is automatically included in the dir?

Thanks for your help, I think we're getting closer.

On RPi2 libmmal is found in /usr/lib.
    A solution to your problem is to build the lib and copy it to /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.emby/lib (this allows to use vanilla LE)

Hi awiouy,

were you able to build it for imx6? I think OpenMAX-Support is enough, mmal is not needed.
    I tried to build it mit openmax support and it worked alright, but the transcoding does not work. Emby-Log is here: http://pastebin.com/L415bK2Q.
    The lib is not found at /opt (because /opt does not exist). I could not enable the DRPI=1 switch because my build fails with numerous errors concerning the Userland install. (Some) of my questions:

- I built the Rasperry Pi Userland. Do I have to use any more switches when cross-compiling? I just used ./buildme and all my errors are somehow related to my build.
    - The compiler does not find the installed Userland files, even though they are in /usr/include/interface as wanted. But the include compiler switch starts with an $SYSROOT_PREFIX. Is that relevant?

Thanks again. :)

Hi Jonsky,

I tried to build ffmpegx by commenting out the if/fi package lines, and it failed miserably.
    Then I got caught up by other matters.

If you explain me what you built and how you managed to build it, I might give it a try myself.
    [hr]

Hello,

I`ve tried the updated addon you sent me and it throws the error:

line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

Since Emby 3.1 now requires mono 4.6 It`ll be stuck in 3.0.8500 until the addon can be succesfully updated. I tried to look at some of the code but it`s witchcarft to my eyes. I`m trying to gather some information on how to build but I gotta say I feel lost when I read what it needs to be done.

Hm... Mono 4.6 is still in Debian testing, and imposing it as an Emby requirement is rather bold.
    I will see if I can find the current Debian patches to attempt to build Mono again.
    Last time I built Mono 4.6, it broke addons (WebGrab+Plus).
    In the meantime, you may want to try the Emby Docker container shipped as an add-on by LSIO

wow that was too quick reply
    yup i have filled some informations on the wizard, user/pass and picked one of the available playback device which is default:CARD=AMLM8AUDIO, but in the mixer setting only blank typable box, dont know what to fill in there
    what else should i try?

The addon will not work without a mixer.

I have encountered the same issue with an Odroid C2. Not sure how to solve it, maybe with a software mixer. But then, you need to ask someone who knows how to do that on LE.

Hm... The addon has been updated, but not pushed. It should be soon, thak you for your patience.

hi i try this addon for kszaq's LE8.0 32bit userspace, i'm using MXQ Quick Play s905
    i've received email from spotify, and placed the attachment in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.spotify-connect-web/
    when i execute

please help, thanks

Have you used the configuration wizard in the settings of the addon?

What is your sound device? What device and mixer does the wizard report?

OK, tried it on Ubuntu for RPi3 (no other UNIX system available here). Tried it with the setup here: Compile - LibreELEC
    Some packages were missing and I had to install them (perl-related stuff and some other). It does compile for quite a while, but now I have an error that I can't solve even with google-help:

ccache is missing a --D option. Sorry but this is really deep into building LE-stuff and I can't fix is. Here's the output. Do you have an idea?

source='/home/ubuntu/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0-devel/binutils-2. - Pastebin.com

No! You need a PC, otherwise you will still be at it at xmas! I will launch a build this w-e ;)

emby ships with ffmpegx, which enables mmal and omx hardware acceleration for RPi. I did not implement any specific transcoding features for other arm devices, because i am not aware of any. If you know what could be implemented, send me a link to document it, and i will gladly improve ffmpegx accordinly. Bear in mind that i will not be able to test.