Posts by 2re

yeah that is exactly what I meant with "turning off passthrough": I only disabled the formats that my AVR does not decode. this results the decoding to PCM with the wrong channel mapping for AML-M8AUDIO (using the TrueHD channel check from Samples - Official Kodi Wiki test file)

I suspect the problem might be related to using PCM over ARC to feed the AVR (mecool => lg tv => sony avr). when connecting the box directly to the AVR (mecool => sony avr => lg tv), PCM decodes properly. was hoping to not have to switch the devices as the AVR cannot handle 10bit HDR video. :(

If channel settings = 2, than than you should get DTS & Dobly Digital Not PCM!

my AVR does not support Dolby HD/TrueHD Atmos 7.1 through ARC passthrough. unfortunately, when turning off passthrough, the channel mappings are wrong: for any speaker configuration >5.0 there's no sound from the front speaker.

the debug log seem to indicate that the front center (FC) and subwoofer (LFE) are switched:

this is on a 905x (mecool m8s pro plus) using the 8.90.4 build.

Don't turn off passthrough, just disable DTS-HD & Atmos in Kodi Audio settings;)

Well question 1. is simple. 444,10bit, Activate "Adjust display refresh rate" Set GUI resolution to 1080 or 2160 (depends on your TV profiles capabilities) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL, CALIBRATE YOUR TV!!!

;)

Don't forget xxx,12bit;)

Not possible I'm afraid unless you switch to a different theme or you can modify the default theme but it is more trouble than it is worth.

This is normal, Amlogic implementation of HDR is bad, nothing can be done, that's what you get for buying a $25 box.

I Don't agree with that, I have several S905X & a S905D box, and calibrated my TV using a Spyder5, and the HD/UHD/HDR is superb;)