Posts by 2re

Thank you, it looks good. I've decided to hold off on future builds until I get the full nougat amports and 20170515 merges working correctly (nougat-exp kernel branch), which means there's a bit of work ahead. For now, testing1 seems to be in a very good state.

Agree, testing1 works like a charm for me, and I'm very pleased with all your work. A BIG THANKS to you and kazaq, and every one else who contributed to this build.

I would say; If it works, It works... If it bothers you, do a new install ;)

I've taken kszaq's branch and cherrypicked in 3 commits:

Code
    koen@libreelec:~/LibreELEC.tv-8.0$ git cherry -v | tail -3
    + 50fc937b8d863c9e50fe73fcd3aef2d49a0fcc7a S905: update audio config and patches
    + 44eebb8c7a27a3d2a23299315823582589e33893 S905: use custom test kernel
    + a1031f5ec821245cd2f1edc207cd31fc62643f3f S905: bump kernel

Most HDR videos play fine, but the Planet Earth II is given me problems, the colours are weird and the picture is full of artefacts. Below is a photo of the TV with the AVR overlay on the bottom and TV overlay on the top.

One of the differences between the working movies and this is that the working ones are 24/1.001 fps and this one is 25, so no change is needed from the 50Hz GUI.

For testing you can use this sample.

Looks better on my box.

Can confirm this, and Atmos and DTS X is also working fine.
    Some miner bug if you let a movie play to the end. Hangs for 30-40 sec before ending.
    Nice work!!! ;)

Have you tried changing the settings in advancedsettings.xml?

See section 2.10 in: advancedsettings.xml - Official Kodi Wiki

In Sistem/audio I enable passthrough like always (pic 1) but my rec recognize only dts (pic3)
    Edit: something is not right in libreelec8. No matter witch audio type I passthrough (dd, dts, dtsma, ddthd) denon always see DD.
    In libreelec 7 everithing working perfectly. Denon recognize all those types :(

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 3 koristeći Tapatalk

Are you sure you don't have "Sync playback to display" Enabled?
    [hr]

Apart from 'define not working': I just tested 'Sing' with DTS-MA and that works perfectly fine using a Pioneer AVR 831. Did sync plaback to refreshrate turn on by mistake perhaps?

Question from my side; is there a way to edit the installed files for skins? I want to change the default background picture in the Aon Skin but I cannot seem to find the folder via Samba shares to edit the bg_background.jpg file? It was easy enough to find in Android but with LibreElec; no idea...

Connect with a SSH terminal, user:root pw:libreelec
    folder: /storage/.kodi/addons/
    ;)

Hey guys, having time off but still have Tapatalk. [emoji56]

Please observe if there are any audio issues in the dev build compared to 8.0.1e. I haven't posted any changelog but there is a fix for better fractional frame rates support and a change in audio handling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bitstream audio works fine, but with PCM my AVR reports Multichannel 7.1, but there is only 2ch front L/R.
    [hr]

Bitstream audio works fine, but with PCM my AVR reports Multichannel 7.1, but there is only 2ch front L/R.

PS. Sounds like Multichannels are downmixed to stereo.