Posts by gioele

Hello,

I have a s905 box, the M9X. I tried to boot build 7.0.3.011, 7.0.3.010 and 7.0.3.008 without success. I tried:

toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button.

I tried all the USB ports and SDcard. The device simply boots in Android. I have a OTG port, when I plug the OTG cable the device simply shuts down (led stays off or powers off).

recovery method: boot into Android, insert card/thumb drive and choose Reboot to recovery. Your box should boot into LibreELEC.

I tried several apps to boot to recovery. The device simply shuts down.

recovery method (2nd variant): if you have "Update" app pre-installed open it, insert SD card with LE/connect USB drive, and choose any ZIP file in the app for update. Your box should reboot to LE

Same has previous, device simply shuts down. I tried putting the zip file in local storage / sdcard / usb; no effect.

recovery method (3rd variant): if your box is rooted, use terminal emulator app and execute reboot recovery command

I'm rooted, but command is not found.

recovery method (4th variant): enable ADB (Google it) and issue adb reboot recovery command

Device is not found when running adb devices from PC.

I also tried flashing TWRP with "Rashr - Flash Tool" from the play store. Tool mentions the flash was successful but no change seems to have happened.

I'm kinda stuck here... Any advice? Thank you!