Posts by Streampunk

Hi,
    I had exactly the same problem with the official 7" touch screen. As I use it with the official case. There is only one way to insert the display into the case. And if you do so, the LibreElec image is upside down. When using lcd_rotate, display quality and view angle are much worse, as many have described already.
    I've read that it was in earlier versions of the pi's firmware where the orientation was hardcoded, which led to the described "feature" of an upside down image. In newer versions, the hardcoded rotation was taken out.
    Any chance to get this into current LibreElec in order to avoid having to use lcd_rotation?
    Best regards
    Martin

Any idea what might be wrong?

I'll have to give up the idea of having both LibreElec and LMS on a Raspi 3 for the moment, can't get it working (cf. [RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC)
    It would be a really great feauture for all of us looking for a multiroom audio solution if LMS was integrated as a plugin some day into Kodi - or is there any other multiroom approach (i.e. synchronization auf audio playback) in Kodi besides LMS?
    Regards
    Martin

[hr]

Thanks, sounds interesting. However, as the whole LMS thing with multiroom audio and different devices to control it (in my case, iPads, iPhone 6, Fire 5g, iPod toch 2g) still seems a very fragile construction, the Docker container approach might weaken stability even more? Anyway, I'll give it a try, thanks for pointing me to that thread.

I've set up docker and the LMS image (for the Raspi, it seems that it has to be a different one than the one mentioned in the thread you'd pointed me to). It was a hard piece of work for me as a Linux noob, will write a step-by-step when I have everything running ok.
    Everything runnig fine so far, I can access LMS by IP:9000 and scan the media.
    However, when it comes to tell the XSqueeze plugin in Kodi that the LMS is now on the same machine, things go wrong. Auto discovery of LMS comes up with the correct IP (the one of the Raspi LMS and Kodi are running on), but when I try to start XSqueeze, it can't connect to the server. The log says (among other things):

Code
    18:22:32  16.790924 T:1525674912   ERROR: error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

docker ps gives:

Code
    CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                   COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                                                                              NAMES
    386047087de3        heziegl/rpi-lms:7.8.1   "/entrypoint.sh"    18 minutes ago      Up 18 minutes       0.0.0.0:3483->3483/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9000->9000/tcp, 0.0.0.0:3483->3483/udp, 9090/tcp   service.lms

netstat -lptn:

I was wondering what to put for --hostname=libreelec-%p \" in the service.lms.service file.
    Any idea what might be wrong?

EDIT: From other machines and also form iPeng I can connect without problems to the docker LMS.

Best regards
    Martin

Thanks Liger,

I don't know much about LMS but if I'm correct it runs on debian/ubuntu based os's.
    Download noobs Download NOOBS for Raspberry Pi

As I wrote, LMS is already running fine on my Picoreplayer Raspis.

And dual-boot raspbian and libreelec

As I (also) wrote ;), I'm looking for a way to have Kodi and LMS running on the same machine - and of course at the same time, so that Kodi's Xsqueeze addon could connect to LMS. I'm afraid a dual boot install wouldn't make much sense in this case...?
    [hr]

It is possible, read here

Thanks, sounds interesting. However, as the whole LMS thing with multiroom audio and different devices to control it (in my case, iPads, iPhone 6, Fire 5g, iPod toch 2g) still seems a very fragile construction, the Docker container approach might weaken stability even more? Anyway, I'll give it a try, thanks for pointing me to that thread.

Good morning everybody,
    It's only two weeks ago that I (re-) discovered Kodi, and now I've already four Raspis running Libreelec or Picoreplayer - the multiroom audio feature with LMS is absolutely great!
    The picoreplayer I need for having a LMS in my network in order to use XSqueeze with Kodi (which works absolutely great).
    No I was wondering whether there is a was to install LMS on the same Raspi that runs Libreelec/Kodi. I did some research, but it seems that I' m the only person in the world with this question?
    Can anybody give me some advice?
    Best regards
    Martin