Posts by panterck

Same problem here. For this reason I'm still on version 7.0.2.007.

It's interesting though. I have around 0.500ms delay with 12h version and only 0.175ms with krypton version with 23/24fps but both with no delay with the rest.
    With 007 as you mentioned everything is ok, and with 009 0.175ms for evereything. So things are definitely changing along the line.
    Btw: is there a way to most perfectly define the a/v delay? Sample videos with different encoding,fps...etc?

How are you guys testing 23.976hz playback? Sometimes I'll notice little jumps in the cadence of panning scenes etc, as if frames are skipped or there is a short lag, but I wonder if its my imagination, or an anomaly with the source itself, because I find its quite a difficult thing to spot for certain.

With that in mind I found here that the Kodi project has provided some 23.976 testcard footage:
    FPS_test_1080p23.976_L4.1.mkv - Google Drive
    (Source: Samples - Official Kodi Wiki)

But even with this I find it hard to tell for sure, either way (watching in todays beta5b build). My eyes are no good lol. What do you guys think watching this on beta5b? My box is S905 FWIW (Mini MX 2G).
    As ever thanks to kszaq for all the hard work and heavy lifting. :)

I noticed the same thing with 2 episodes - and it is repeating the entire video.

Thank you.
    I know that I can adjust a/v-sync in there and even set a standard for all videos.

However I don't really like fighting symptoms instead of root causes...
    If my much much slower RPi2 offers perfect a/v-sync in the same device chain (Kodi box -> Onkyo TX-NR818 (video set to passthrough) -> LG 65B6V) - why not the S905X?
    There must be a reason for this...

I also think that regular DD is less off than the other audio track types, which would make a global offset annoying.

Pretty much the same problem here, but with S905 (U1). I did try to modigy advancedsettings for 0.175ms delay for 23-24fps and 0.00 for others, but it doesn't work for all the video.
    I would also like to have this resolved if possible. And I agree it's worst for DD+.

I play only local files through LAN (wired,1Gb) via SMB or NFS (the same result).
    I have two Minix U1's (one use passthrough via Yamaha YSP-2500 and other directly to TV - no passthrough used).
    I have no delay when not using passthrough (DD,DTS...), and have different problems with different versions when I use passthrough.

7.0.2.007 (Jarvis) - no delay whatsoever
    7.0.2.008 (Jarvis) - did not test
    7.0.2.009 (Jarvis) - static .150ms delay for all files - That's what I'm using now
    7.0.2.011 (Jarvis) - 0.500ms delay for some movies and NO delay for others (usually divx/mp33,no surround)
    7.0.2.012 (Jarvis) - did not test properly, but the delay is there (similar to Krypton Beta2)
    7.90Beta2 (Krypton) - 0.250ms delay for some movies and 0.100 delay for others (usually divx/mp33,no surround), did not test thoroughly enough to say that these are only two options with delay

So it's really weird.

Every system tested was always installed from scratch / not upgraded.

Thank you for the new build. Fresh installation on SD on Minix U1 works fine - no problems (with the latest FW11 firmware btw).
    I still have those annoying audiosync problems which arised somewhere after .009 and it's pretty much the same in the latest .009 dev builds, 0.10 and also the krypton versions.
    And it's not the same with every file, I need to use 0.5s delay for some, for some a litle less and for some the default is perfect - also the problem only exists when using passthrough.
    In the original .009 I use .150ms delay and it's perfect for all movies :)
    Something changed along the way - are there any U1 users here trying these builds with passthrough? Do you maybe use some other devtrees? I always use gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb.

Thank you so much for your help.
    Oh and btw, I did not notice any other problems.

My feedback:
    GUI is much smoother now. I do have some more problems on my Minix U1 - the 4k videos are really choppy all of a sudden (they can even freeze in some scenes for a few seconds, but no buffering) - directly played from NAS on my 1Gb connection. The same videos play smoothly with 009 and Jarvis.
    The sample can be 2160p Grand Tour S1E3 (23Gb file). Also some videos are out of sync (and no the same in all videos) when using passthrough (Yamaha YSP-2500) and no problems when directly connected to the TV.

Otherwise, it's getting better and better...all the thanks from my side.

My input - first of all, great work kszaq!

I have two Minix U1's and on one have 007 LE and on the other first 009 version. Both were running great so far - I had no problems.
    I did notice that from the 007 to 009 I had to configure 0.150 audio delay for all video when I use passthrough - I didn't have to do that in 007, I don't
    have to do that in when passthrough is not enabled in 009.
    Yesterday I tried your latest version (29-11) and had some problems - a/v sync was weird - in some videos I had to use 0.450 delay in other 0.100 etc. - but only
    when using passthrough - the same version when passthrough in not enabled works fine with default settings. Also another things - the menu itself seems a little bit
    sluggish all of a sudden - I tried reversing back to default 009 and it is fine again.
    I am using the same USB drive, so it's something else? Did anyone else have the same problems?
    Oh and btw, popping seems to be gone with the latest version - but the a/v sync seems to be getting worse.

Thank you for all of your hard work