Posts by redger

Hello,

i would like to invite all the user to submit there devices info so we can come-up with a proper details for
    all the Devices that support the @kszaq LiberELEC fork which should have the below details

you can find it on this Github Repo

Thanks,

you may wish to post the remote config files as well.

Here's what I have (I have updated the Mini M8s II set) , it includes

• Mini M8s II
    • Nexbox A5
    • Nexbox A95x
    • Tanix Tx5 pro

s905_libreelec_remote.zip

] redger

First of all, I couldn't test your sample clips as the files are password protected.

My box is a re-branded Mini M8S II 2GB/8GB, according to other fora. Video and audio go through an Onkyo AVR to my Panasonic TV

I tested with 1080i50 H264 AC3 2.0 (BBCHD caps from 2011) without an issue
    I also tested with 720p50 H264 AC3 5.1, without issues again.

hi Moe,
    the password is the same as my user id.

My hardware is the same as yours, Mini M8S II 2GB/8GB

H264 1080i/50 AC3 test clip https://www.dropbox.com/s/weuqz3qhst9w8w...rt.7z?dl=0 starting from about 00:01:37

MPEG2 720p/50 test clip Dropbox - 1024_20161203090100_short2.7z problem commences immediately, recurs just over once / sec

the above clips were both recorded from Australian TV

it would be great if you could test these, and yuri's clip sample.ts and provide feedback ... just for my piece of mind :)

thanks

to confirm ... I've just tested LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img the videos with audio which cause problems for version 9 and 10 work ok on version 7 ... my h264 1080i/50 AC3 and yuri's 1080i Stereo test clip both work ok

The 720p/50 progressive content also has problems in version 7 .... it stutters

Thanks again kszaq for all your work :cool:

Updated from 9 to 10

Played test clips

This is with

• Audio
    • Audio output device = ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO, HDMI
    • Number of channels = 2.0
    • Output configuration = Optimized
    • Maintain original volume on downmix = ON
    • Resample quality = Medium
    • Keep audio device alive = 1 Minute
    • Play GUI sounds = Only when playback stopped
    • Passthrough = ON (AC3 and DTS = ON, all others OFF)
    • Video
    • Adjust display refresh rate = OFF
    • Sync playback to display = OFF
    • Enable HQ scalars for scaling above = 30%
    • Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec = ON
    • Accelerate MPEG2 = 720p and up
    • Accelerate MPEG4 = 720p and up

[hr]

As I already say issue appear after any error in the stream from pvr. I'm recorded TS sample with that error at tenth second. For me, 008-fix plays this file with only small distortion at the tenth second. 009 and later starts play jerky after the tenth second.
    sample.ts
    PS. Kodi at RPi2 plays this file without any issues. :(

I also ran Yuri's test clip (above) and observed the same slow frame rate as Yuri. Similar to my test clip (though Stereo sound in this case vs. AC3 sound in mine).
    My settings are as described above

PS Also tried test clips with (video / Playback) Adjust display refresh rate = Always and = On start / Stop ..... no change in behaviour (Pause during refresh rate change = 0.1 secs)

link to test file Dropbox - 1090_20161207040000_short.7z
    the password is the same as my 6 letter user name

problem occurs at 00:01:37 ie. 1 minute 37 secs or so

The following kodi log is specific to the above test file
    Ubuntu Pastebin

problem seems to occur at log time 20:49:51 In this case the log message appears different, but the visual outcome on the screen is similar ie. very very slow frame rate / skipped frames

The unix truncate command was used to generate the test file, so file integrity is a bit dodgy, however players all seem to accept it ok ... and play it. Most importantly, the "problem" remains in the file and is consistently reproduced

Created 2 separate reports

• LibreELEC AC3 sound synch issue (?), leading to 1 frame / sec
    • LibreELEC Frame frequency issue (?), leading to "juddering" video ie. a very temporary pause just under once / sec

These appear to be something other than deinterlacing issues. Both are highly repeatable and occur in both the 7.02.009 "stable" and Dec 4 alpha release

Test files now added to the above reports

The problem can be reproduced on the alpha version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20161204210449-r24821-g9f57b18.img.gz

Log Ubuntu Pastebin starting from log time 08:03:08.740

In this case the same content as above is played (a) on the alpha release (b) from a file on an NFS share rather than via the pvr-mythtv addon - note that it's still the same file being played
    Filename = 1024_20161203090100.ts

Codec info
    - MPEG-2 (mpgv), 1280x736, display 1280x720, framerate 50hz
    - A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52) Stereo Rate 48000 Hz Bitrate 256kb/s

Display capabilities (confirm 50Hz is available)

This looks like -

• A highly repeatable problem. It always occurs on these 720P/50 files
    • It looks as though it could be related to a timing issue eg. 50Hz content played at 60Hz, which would create a "judder" every 5/6 of a sec (say), tho it appears the output has been set to 1080p/50 (see above) .. perhaps related to upscaling ?
    • The issue occurs in both the "stable" and "alpha" releases ie. Kodi v16 and v17

This does not look like a de-interlacing issue based on the available information (of course I could be wrong :) ) particularly since this is Progressive content ie. does not need deinterlacing

The problem can be reproduced on the alpha version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20161204210449-r24821-g9f57b18.img.gz

Log Ubuntu Pastebin starting from log time 07:41:10.735

In this case the same content as above is played (a) on the alpha release (b) from a file on an NFS share rather than via the pvr-mythtv addon - note that it's still the same file being played
    Filename = 1013_20161204005500.ts

This looks like -

• A highly repeatable problem. It always occurs at exactly the same points in the file
    • It's related to an audio synch issue, based on the log records
    • The problem will sometimes resolve itself (example not given, I will endeavour to find an example)
    • The workaround is to skip past the problem time point eg. wait 1-2 secs then skip forward and skip back to where you were (1-3 secs after the problem arose) the sound should resynch and everything's hunky-dory
    • The issue occurs in both the "stable" and "alpha" releases ie. Kodi v16 and v17

This does not look like a de-interlacing issue based on the available information (of course I could be wrong :)

For contrast, the following log was taken from an Intel Chromebox (cpu = 455u) running Kodi under Kubuntu 16.04
    Ubuntu Pastebin
    See log time 13:47:16 ... you can see an audio error occurs at exactly the same point in the source file. The difference is that the intel machine recovers from the error and plays on. Visually there is a slight delay where video appears to break up briefly but then continues as if nothing happened.

thanks Hoppel. I tried with a few different values for the parameters you pointed to ... no success.

On reviewing the kodi log I notice that there is a Synch error on AC3 then the problems commence, so I have documented and posted a bug in the appropriate place (along with the log)

It seems likely this is related to an audio error. CPU doesn't seem to race off when the error occurs so when it goes all "freeze frame" I don't know.

Thanks again everyone for your help, I've now raised 2 separate issues

I have MPEG2 720P video recordings via a Mythtv backend which "stutter" when played on Libreelec build 7.0.2.009 from 7.0.2.009

About once per second there will be a brief pause in the video.
    This occurs whether the video is played via the mythtv addon or directly from the server via an NFS share

Device details - AMLogic S905X, Mini M8S II, 2GB/8GB boot from SD Card (16GB Sandisk)

Hardware acceleration is turned on for MPEG >= 720P

Logfile posted at Ubuntu Pastebin
    Video stream commences at about log time 16:02:07

Same problem occurs for all videos 720p from this channel

filename1024_20161203090100.ts (current affairs)- H264 MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264), 1280x736, framerate 50hz
    - A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52) Stereo Rate 48000 Hz Bitrate 256kb/s

I have a video sample but was unable to successfully attach it ....

Frame rate error on Libreelec build 7.0.2.009 from 7.0.2.009

Device details - AMLogic S905X, Mini M8S II, 2GB/8GB boot from SD Card (16GB Sandisk)

see log at Ubuntu Pastebin problem occurs at log time 12:05:07 (close to the end of the log)
    Note log entries at log time 12:05:07, this is when the freeze-frame-motion commenced

From the log it appears there's an AC3 synch problem, then the video is displayed as a series of freeze frames .. aprox. 1 frame / sec

video sample cannot be posted (too large at 18GB and haven't yet worked out how to cut appropriately)

source file is Australian Hidef TV H264 1080i/50 recorded via Mythtv (separate backend on server). Recording can be played successfully by

• Kodi on Pi 2 (Libreelec)

• Kodi on Braswell Nuc (ppa install on Ubuntu 16.04)

• Mythtv on Braswell Nuc

doesn't matter whether played via pvr-mythtv ... or as video (copied to NFS share), problem is the same, video goes to intermittent frames while sound continues ok

consistent issue at 5:17:50 of video ie. something about the source.
    whole screen refresh is impacted eg. menu overlay also impacted (play time "jumps"), probably no surprise

The problem is not specific to one file / show or tv station (at least 2 cause this issue, though I have only retained one example so far)
    The problem has so far related to sport programs ie. fast pans, bold colours and lots of sudden sounds. Most other hidef progams are ok (except the separately noted 720p issue)

Tried (without success) -

• adjust display refresh rate on start/stop, delay 0.1 seconds, also tried change display refresh rate OFF

• "sync to display" set Off

• disable subtitles

• audio passthrough = ON and passthrough = OFF

• attempt to disable all deinterlacing with "echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all" in autostart. TV continues to report 1080P signal (??)

• buffer entries in /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml eg.

will often resolve itself .. temporarily

• over time, if wait long enough

• if jump back (30 secs), (obviously have to go 30 secs past problem point first)

Problem resolves, then occurs again later

No obvious CPU issues - track with top and never looked like a problem
    No obvious Network issues, iftop shows about 6.5Mb/s consistently

Other notes

• MPEG2 576i plays ok if via software decode, stereo sound. Problems if hardware decoded

• MPEG2 1080i AC3 plays ok via hardware decode ie. accelerated (also AC3 sound). This applies to older recordings
      Stations have subsequently moved to H264 for 1080i with AC3 which is where the problems occur.

• MPEG2 720p, stereo sound, has a different problem though similar, will post a separate bug report

• Many H264 1080i/50 AC3 programs play ok. Sports seem to be a particular problem (weird, but that's what I have at present)

Some other "problem" time points in this file (for my documentation - repeatability)

• 5:17:47

• 5:18:05

• 5:27:36

- filename 1013_20161204005500.ts (sport - car racing)
    - H264 MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264), 1920x1090, display 1920x1080, framerate 25hz
    - A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52) 3F2R/LFE Rate 48000 Hz Bitrate 448kb/s

- filename 1013_20161201083000.ts (wildlife documentary) ... codec details same as above
    - problem point at 00:43:55

thx for the advice. I had previously set the bypass_all = 1 in autostart.sh ... a few days back ... but strangely the TV still reports a 1080P signal (ie. already deinterlaced, so the setting has no apparent effect)

The question for me is why yours works ok but mine doesn't :)

hi mmpp,
    output of cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

I tried to find a way to change deinterlace options, but cannot find an option anywhere ... including in the Video option from the menu at playback time. Should I expect to see a deinterlace option ? I would happily turn deinterlacing off if I could .... but it appears to be a permanent feature of the hardware (?). Have I done something silly ?
    The deinterlace options only seem to appear when software decode is used ... but not with hardware decoding (required for high def files)

PS I'm using the 7.0.2.009 build ... does the newer build offer deinterlacing options.
    fwiw I have enabled audio passthrough (ac3 and dts supported .... tho tv files only contain ac3 at most). Note

PS I did find that (a) subtitles were enabled (b) pause while retrieving subtitles were both set. I have yet to discover how to permanently set subtitles to disabled ... not sure yet if this has made any difference ... UPDATE no difference - problem remains

I've just discovered that 720P/50 (Australian tv, from a mythtv back end) also stutters. Could this be a 50/60 hz translation issue ie. source is 50hz ... being played at 60hz. It seems to stutter a bit over once per second ? The problem is constant and consistent across multiple files. MPEG2 576i/50 has a similar issue
    The problem disappears when MPEG2 hardware acceleration is set OFF (ie software decoding, which the CPU is capable of, to 720p at least)

Strangely, hardware accelerated MPEG2 1080i/50 seems to play without this issue (limited testing, can't record any more of this). Problem is that the CPU seems not quite strong enough to play this content :(

I previously encountered issues with h264-1080i/50 source (also Australian tv recorded via mythtv). In this case the problem surfaces, persists for a while and then usually resolves itself (for a while)... unlike the mpeg2 source.

Any thoughts ? Information I can provide ?