Posts by ptr727

I first reported here, but noticed this morning that thread is very old (the forum is not using my locale date format):
    LibreELEC

I've been running 4 x old super stable OpenELEC 5.0.8 Kodi 14.2 on on Intel NUC D34010WYK Core i3.
    Connected to Marantz AVR via HDMI, connected to LG TV.
    Configured for HDMI audio passthrough, and refresh rate switching on start/stop.
    I've been running this old stable build for a long time, no complaints from kids or wife.

I wanted to try the new Plex plugin, and I switched to the latest released LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2.img.gz.

On 24fps videos, when I start playing, the screen will go black with no audio.
    Pressing the stop or back remote buttons sometimes returns to the main screen, if not, I have to reboot using SSH or the iOS remote app.

If I disable refresh rate switching, the video plays at 1080p 60fps, and no black screen.

At first I thought this was a Plex plugin problem, but last night I noticed the issue when playing directly from Kodi:
    Blacks screen on play when refreshrate switching is enabled · Issue #56 · plexinc/plex-for-kodi · GitHub

I installed the latest LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.010.img.gz, and the same still happens.
    Attached is a debug log when playing from Plex.

Today I will try the just released OpenELEC 7.0.0 and see if it also has this problem.

Ok, looks like the directory open and initial file create takes a very long time.
    Changing to a different directory, no problem.
    Cleaning out my download folder, and trying again, no problem.
    I suspect it had something to do with the OS and the directory contents.

I'm sure it works fine most of the time, else it would not be released ;)

This is a vanilla Win10 Pro x64 Insider Fast ring, with no 3rd party AV installed.
    And it repeatedly takes near a minute to get the download going, once it goes it is fast.

Is there a way to get a log file created by the tool, or should I look at the source code?

Hi, I am switching my old stable Kodi 14.2 OpenELEC NUC boxes to current LibreELEC versions.

Using the USB creator on Win10, I selected generic and the 7.0.2 image, I clicked download, nothing seemed to happen, the cancel button was on, after about 15s the speed was reported as 461s left.
    I started a direct download of the same image using Chrome, that completed in 14s, and I cancelled the download via the USB tool.

I repeated the operations twice, first time I cancelled after about 30s of no activity, second time it took about a minute to start the download, then the download completed fast.

There appears to be a problem with the tool's image download performance, at least the time it takes to start the download.

Understood, and that is fair.

Can you still please point me to the scripts?

One last thought;
    I see an overlap between users with unsupported hardware drivers, and some of those drivers being for VM environments.
    What about a driver injection tool, similar to how image servicing works in Windows, where standard tools exists to inject drivers into boot / WIM images.
    Such a tool, friendly enough for advanced end users, no Linux required, may be generally useful (vs. a user needing to be sufficiently skilled to build their own distribution)?

Hi, I would like Hyper-V support in order to easily test builds, specifically Plex Media Player embedded builds.
    Why Hyper-V, because it comes included in Windows 10, free of charge in Pro editions, no need to install any 3rd party VM software.

It seems like the Hyper-V networking and video drivers are not included in the build.

I created a blank boot 1GB VHDX disk.
    I wrote the install image to the mounted VHDX disk using Active Data studio, WinImage works but gives an error.
    I created a type 1 VM, and added the boot VHDX as the boot drive.
    Boot the VM, install on second VHDX, remove the boot VHDX from config, reboot.
    System boots, no video driver detected, and waits for networking, that never starts.

If Hyper-V support will not be added to the native image, is there a way I can add it myself?

Thanks