Posts by MacUsers

Amlogic s905x or s912x theoretically support 4K HDR, but not on LibreElec (see here, "4K support is experimental. 3D and HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support."). I guess you could by any TV Box with these chipsets, just be careful with the WiFi chip and gigabit Ethernet (if important). My Tanix Tx7 works good (I have no HDR or 4K TV to test though).

I have a MINIX NEO U9-H and everything works just fine including HDR. Works with Harmony (Elite/Hub) out of the box. Very happy with it so far.

it's probably b'cuz of the CEC and if you have newer LG TV, then you are in pile of mess like me. The CEC settings are here: Settings -> System Settings -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter and there hell lot of stuff in there, for you to play with.

CEC - Official Kodi Wiki

CEC is pretty annoying for me (and also use Harmony Hub), so I just simply disabled it.

-San

I wish I could afford your OLED TV but sadly a poor pensioner waiting to win the lottery or come good on Bitcoin/Crypto currencies. OLED are a thousand times better than ANY LED or inferior QLED sets IMHO. I love the LG range and soem relative bartgains available if you buy last years models on promotion as they are still absolutely first class too. You don't need this year's models unless you are a fat cat,of course :)

This is LG as well (the very first TV in our lives which is not Panasonic), bought couple of months ago. The picture quality is really outstanding (after spending couple of hrs. with color-card etc.)but s/w is not so good and extremely annoying. The worst one for me is LG's CEC implementation - ARC doesn't work until you have the CEC turned on and if you have the CEC on, it's turns off the device at random and also at the same time changes A/V receiver input to a fixed source all the time. Harmony hub/remote doesn't work properly either and kep clashing with 'power command' every time. The annoyance is taking over the viewing pleasure.

BTW, thanks for the tips on lip-sync issue. All of my 1080p MKV that used to run absolutely fine on my intel based LE, started giving lip-sync issue on Neo U9-H. All of them suffering from the this. I'm gonna play around with the sound settings in the evening and will report back here.

-San

Please read this about copying LE to internal eMMC and still retaining Android.

Install to internal to speed things up (Mecool M8S Pro+)

Thanks wrxtasy, for the info!

I already been to that page and booting off the SD card, keeping data in the internal memory. All works pretty much straight away but with one big problem - lip-sync. Asked about it here:

[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

-San

Dear all,

I just bought a Minix Neo U9-H and booted up LE off SD card. Everything works pretty much out of the box but there is a huge lip-sync issue. I tried all the usual things, without any joy. Any idea how to fix that?

Another thing with the display resolution - should I set it to default 1080p or 4K? If I set it to 4096x2160p, the refresh rate automatically gets set to 24 - is this right behavior? My TV is 4K UHD OLED with HDR, FYI. Can it actually play 10-bit HDR material?

-San

Yes it can be done. S912 boxes work well for 4K HDR with HD Audio. I suggest one with Gigabit LAN (1000M).

Many thanks!

I guess I couldn't wait long and took delivery of a MINIX NEO U9-H this evening. Now the goal it to run LE natively on the box, replacing Android (or whatever came with the box). Is this the guide to follow:

[HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

Also, how risky is it to flush the internal memory and running LE directly off the box?

-San

Hi there,

I'm a very very long time Kodi /LibreELEC user on intel platform but very new to thiis Android/Amlogic business. I have always been using LibreELEC as a dedicated set-top box: Is it possible to the same on these Android boxes (mainly for for 10-bit 4k/HDR playback)

I was going through this post and fond myself lost on H/W choice. I was looking for a not so expensive and with some future-proofing solution. Any of these good for my purpose?

Android TV Box,VORKE Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 Octa: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

MINIX NEO U9-H +MINIX NEO K1 , Android 6.0 Marshmallow: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

One of my main objective is use it as a dedicated Kodi/LibreElEC set-top box. Can this be done? Any advice or suggestions on H/W?

-San

Hi there,

Just switched to Libreelec (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA and the first post here.

I've a Moneual Moncaso 320, which uses Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 IR receiver, which works just fine (pretty much) out of the box with OpenElec but not working at all on Libreelec. LIRC seems running and I have this as autostart.sh:

Code
    LIRC=$(ps ax|grep eventlircd|sed -n 's/.*socket=\([^"]*\/\).*/\1/p')
    /usr/sbin/lircd -H mplay2 -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -u -o ${LIRC}lircd -P ${LIRC}lircd.pid /storage/.config/ft232_remote.conf

but I get this Warning: cannot open /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf

If I try to change the protocol, I get this:
    [code=php]
    # ir-keytable -p lirc
    /sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory
    [/php]

irw is working but it not capturing any key-press. Can anyone help me?
    Here is the full system log: UNJR
    Let me know if anything else you may require.

-San