Posts by xel_arjona

No solution, as I don't know what's causing it. There's a rebuild coming in some hours you might want to try that. I don't keep older builds around.

I was trying to clone your tree and make own build @ an Ubuntu 16.x VMWare Fusion vanilla machine but given compilation errors both for emu and master branches. No time to "debug" errors as I didn't have so much time. Hope to see Escalade compilation soon to test, if not I will try to build one myself at night!

Cheers!

bite_your_idols

Absolutely, a special version 20161123-2 is uploading for you right now :)

xel_arjona

You're way off :) If either of you actually bothered to read the log, it clearly states:

Code
    The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GPU installed in this system is
    supported through the NVIDIA 304.xx Legacy drivers. Please
    visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html for more
    information.  The 340.98 NVIDIA driver will ignore this
    Continuing probe...

My problem was not regarding this same issue. It was something to do with another *ELEC installed on second harddrive and booting (mapping?) problems, it seems that this issue was not liked by Xorg which never could run up. Anyways glad to find solution for bite_your_idols

I have by now my own problems: Both are giving me segfaults, EmulationStation with ld-2.24.so and RetroArch with libGL_nvidia-legacy.so.1:

Code
    [16269.566910] emulationstatio[9716]: segfault at 87 ip 00007f8fb1df4051 sp 00007ffe2ef3ee40 error 4 in ld-2.24.so[7f8fb1deb000+f000]
    [16300.374017] retroarch[9942]: segfault at 6b0 ip 00007fc9d778d769 sp 00007fc9cfa66a68 error 4 in libGL_nvidia-legacy.so.1[7fc9d777e000+2f000]

Retroarch never starts by itself, EmulationStation open quite well its GUI but quit's after trying to launch an emulator. By the way, the DS4 controllers seems to work quite well by now! :D

I don't know how but finally i got it...

anything easily fixeable??

I had the same problem yesterday night, trying to test this build on an oldie Athlon desktop with nvidia GForce8200GS.. :s... I presumed the issue was caused by compatibility issues, but when testing with lakka iso's and other *elec's I realized that the problem was something related to device "mapping" with more than 2 local HDD's, one of them with other LibreELEC old installation. (maybe grub, maybe linux kernel, dunno!...) I completely remove any other drives from hardware (Bios Level deactivation at other systems) and do a fresh install. Voala... Problem Solved! Now Im dealing with DS4 configuration thorough a Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) --btusb module-- trying to pair the things up and configure it with LibreELEC UI. :-/