Posts by kostaman

Hi,

Good works and thanks for your work an these builds.

I've got an All Black MXQ s805 with LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.1.4 installed on SD Card, iv'e also tried it on NAND and also installing LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.1.4 to SD Card and NAND.
    My issue is that the resolution is always greyed out. I can change it if i change it on the Android UI but it's still greyed out and cannot be changed on Kodi.

Is this normal?
    And will movies be effected?

thanks.

Firstly i will answer the first problem referring to Kodi Application in Android.
    You are not able to set resolution in the Kodi Application because the crap Chinese Android OS does not have the correct permissions set to change resolution or adjust display refresh rate. Whatever you do in Android settings will not be used in the Kodi Application.
    The result is Rubbish Playback.

The second issue of Greyed Out Resolution in settings using LibreELEC is something i have only seen whilst using some skins outside of Confluence. Have you tried using Confluence when setting the resolution ???
    I hope you haven't backed up an Android build and then restored it to LibreELEC as this may have caused it.

Do a hard reset and then try to set resolution whilst using confluence.

That is all i can advise for now.

Just wanted to say thx, i did hold the reset button for about 30 sec even when the mxq logo disappeared and on the tv screen i had a message no connection, i waited for about 3 min and the box was on again.
    Thx.

Great.
    This why i always ask members to put their hardware and version in a signature as to help those with the same boards etc.
    I saw your board and responded.
    kszaq might keep this in his solved file.

Yes that's my point exactly. I'm happy with my old MXQ at the mo but will upgade at some point. Are these new boxes really speedy or not really that much of a differnce?

I can tell you that the s805 that you and i have is the most stable by a mile.
    I turn the the MiniMX s905 on every now and then but it is buggy.
    I dont know about fast as it hangs quite a lot.
    I use the All Black MXQ 98% of the time.
    Maybe spec wise and theoretically the S905 Chip is quicker or whatever
    But i can tell you at this stage with Firmware available it is not a good choice when i use it.

My God
    I can tell these S905 Chipsets are being used in at least 15 different Boxes i've seen.
    This is going to turn into a Nightmare for kszaq .

I have been testing firmware for the MiniMX AMLogic S905 by Alex at Amlinux Media since January 2016
    and now the S905's are appearing in all sorts of boxes with different remotes and boards.

I would not go out recommending anything at this stage. Let Kaszq choose what he has tested.

I am only giving my opinion guys but this is looking like the All Black MXQ Clone Directory all over again.

Hey
    I have the same board as you and i vaguely remember something like this was caused by early release of reset button.
    Just HOLD IT IN click position for longer. Just hold it 30 second after MXQ splash logo.
    Let me know if it works. You may not even see the Android robot from what i remember.
    Black screen for up to 3 minutes after reset release. Just leave it till it boots up.

Just Updated and seems that the CEC disconnection after reboot is fixed.
    Tried 3 reboots and no CEC disconnection occured.
    The no command response from TV remote persists until source change and after dim wake up.
    So fixed Disconnection which was more important as nothing but off (not reboot) would get it back.
    Cheers.

Just Updated to 7.0.1.4
    No problem

kostaman Thank you for your test. I think I can build and release 7.0.1.4 now.

bobones Thank you for testing. The fix will be included in 7.0.1.4 build today.

No problem.
    I have made the suggestion of Power Off via Remote Button as Oposed to Power Off Menu in previous posts.
    I believe it is more usefull but can live with it the way it is now if it is corrupting some boxes.
    I seem to have a box/board that doesnt suffer most of the problems posted by others using Different Boards.
    Thanks again.

kostaman I think I might have identified a small bug in libcec that can be causing CEC disconnection notification and no CEC until Kodi restart/box reboot. Can you please test this build and tell me if there is any improvement for you:
    thermal-test-02-libcec-test

From previous test build I changed CPU governor from ondemand to interactive to boost performance a bit. Now that thermal levels are working for everyone I think we may try switching to it.

Just Updated and seems that the CEC disconnection after reboot is fixed.
    Tried 3 reboots and no CEC disconnection occured.
    The no command response from TV remote persists until source change and after dim wake up.
    So fixed Disconnection which was more important as nothing but off (not reboot) would get it back.
    Cheers.

sonofdibnah  Midnight63  bobones Thank you for reporting. I have a 7.0.1.4 build ready with improvements from test build included, I hope the test build works fine for you. Waiting on your feedback!

PatrickJB Yes, I've also noticed the LE Settings glitch and at first I thought it is related to new compile flags I used... but it also does that with old settings. Since it's a minor bug and only in LE Settings (which we don't use that often, do we?), I don't care much.

kostaman Thanks for reporting. I think that CEC-related issues your experience are specific to your TV model, at the moment I'm out of ideas on how CEC driver can be improved... you may want to try using libcec-daemon, there's a quick guide by sammaz on previous page of this thread. You have to note that some keys work differently with daemon and need to be remapped.

I'm not fussed with the CEC as i just change source and back and it works. I only use TV remote as a short cut commands without bringing up OSD and stop button.
    Turning on Box waiting 5 seconds and then turning on TV seems to work as well.
    All buttons work so no libcec-daemon for me.
    Thanks again.

Confirming glitch when exiting LibreELEC settings. I did not notice it on my AppTV skin but when switching to Confluence the GUI on home page is displaying wrong until clicking through menus.
    I have had no Hangs. Confirming all 4 Cores working continuously. Temperature between 57c 61c no real fluctuation.

Thumbnails load quickly.

Reboot working but causes CEC disconnection notification. Only way to get it re connected is to power off from power menu.
    When first powering on (without cec disconnection notification) my tv remote does not control box unless dim comes on and i use box remote to wake up. Then my TV remote works.
    Changing Source on TV to other input then back again Brings my TV remote to working again.
    Turning box on when TV source is not on the box source then switching to the box source TV remote works.

I will test further but seems to be stable as far as playback goes.
    It is faster navigating through menus etc.

Try a clean install of your previous OpenELEC that worked for you in reverting to Android.
    Then try to flash Android.
    Next time you want to use LibreELEC you may want to use UPDATE method.
    I have used UPDATE method from OpenELEC to LibreELEC and no issue.
    Its a long shot but try it as i dont believe your bootloader has been changed.

Hello to everyone, i ask for somebody has configure the remote control for MXQ Box? the black one??? i use the Config file from Andriod firmware but some buttons are missing. If you have all config file please share with us.... Thanks

I know you are new here but you will see in first post that it is custom and should be a requirement for everyone to make a signature in this forum settings with their box type, in your case All Black MXQ and also your Board Identification inside your box if possible.
    You should put the Version of LibreELEC you have flashed (HD18Q or ARM ).
    Also are you running nand or external SD version.
    I will give you an example (regarding remotes) with my All Black MXQ (see signature below) it works with the ARM Version. I have another All Black MXQ that works with the HD18Q Version.
    The all black MXQ's are all different inside and all have different versions of Android pre installed.

I have read it and I didn't see it as relevant as I am only looking how to repackage it as an img.
    I thought that there may be a way to do it from LE, as I am using an ancient PC with very little space on it. But it may be able to handle something like writing an img file from SD.
    I am using LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.0.2 build on an S805 box and the only thing changed\added is my remote.conf file.

I use RPI Baker but i am on a Mac. Can backup as image file. Sorry i dont use pc
    I believe you can create a backup with the remote.conf already installed and it will be in the backup.
    When you restore from previous backup (the backup with the remote.conf) it will be working.
    Cant help any further.

I have one of these builds running on a box and I have added the correct remote.conf (thanks to kszaqs excellent help ).
    Does anyone know how to package that build as an img file again and send it to someone to install as first time with the remote control working?

I also am trying to get the tuner drivers, so when/if I get them working I would also be packaging those.

Do I need to do it from a PC, or can I use the SDCard build with the info in it?

Read what you have written and see if anyone reading your post can work out what build version you are using and what box you are using ????
    Please create a signature with all details and then people with the same box and LE Version will help you.

kszaq
    All Black MXQ Running Board uknown Updated from openelec to LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.0.1

Please note i am just advising on the above box which is not the box in my signature below.
    I can say that this box also successfully UPDATED from openelec without a fresh install.

The CEC randomly works after Suspend. It will either work or not work BUT WILL NOT THROW AN ERROR notification
    like the MXQ.arm 7.0.0.1 Nand version.

It does however seem to lose connection for reasons uknown to me.
    When it lost connection i went into the CEC settings WITHOUT TOUCHING ANY SETTINGS i just clicked OK at the bottom of the Menu
    and CEC came back alive.
    It seems like it falls asleep.
    Note: I just did a restore from previous backup using a backup taken from my other All Black MXQ Running MXQ.arm 7.0.0.1 Nand
    The CEC Driver changed after the restore and now throws errors on this box as well.

Used Update method to migrate from OpenElec. Worked perfect.
    Red button on remote SUSPENDS
    Lost Clean Power Off from power menu. It suspends instead of power off.
    CEC error initialising notification after suspend.
    Choosing reboot from power menu brings back CEC which then works.

Behaviour OpenElec 6.95.2.2 Prior to Libreelec:

I have a working CEC with no errors and perfect behaviour when i first power on.
    No problems when i power off with red button on remote.
    No problem when i use the power off menu with remote.
    No problem when i use reboot from power menu on remote.
    Using SUSPEND from power menu Causes the CEC error notification and powering off with the red button on remote does not fix
    the CEC . No error after this but no response using tv remote. The only way to bring it back is Reboot from Power Menu.
    If i use the Power menu to suspend it causes the CEC error. Using the red remote button does not cause the error notification.
    After the CEC error if use the red power button power off and power back on the error does not show but CEC is inactive.
    Reboot fixes it.