Posts by kostaman

Hi again,
    Even though I said LibreELEC was working fine on my MiniMX 1gb/8gb, after further testing I noticed it was running kind of slow and that's because it is using only 2 cores. I had OPenELEC (Alex build) installed and I just installed LibreELEC over it. Maybe I should flash my box with original android firmware first and after that, reinstall LibreELEC for the 4 cores to work?
    Thank you very much.

LibreELEC

See post above.

Just a thought - does the folder actually exist?
    If it isn't really there you'll still see the samba share in windows.
    If you add /storage as a source (either in kodi's file manager or via samba.conf) does that work (ie you can see other folders in / storage but not /storage/downloads)?

I could see all other folders in storage. My Build alredy had storage as a source before the update and after update it was there as well. The same in Home Folder, Root Filesystem it was gone.
    I just updated to 004 again and "IT IS THERE."
    I am completely stumped. It was the update where something went wrong. This is a little concerning.
    Never happened to me before.

Did you set the quasar video caching directory in the add-ons settings to a non Fat32 partition, has to be an EXT formated partition. You can use the video directory of your home folder of your SD Card that way quasar can cache Whatever video you're watching because if you don't it's going to Cache that video onto your Memory..

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

Be carefull with that advice.
    It will throw error over 4.1gb files. He's playing 8gb files with no errors.
    It is Lack of available RAM . Try to get to system info( it wont be easy) whilst playing.
    You will see available ram will be down to around 100mb even less.
    You will get a lockup as well.
    Been there done that.

What I took from these 18 pages was that S905X isn't supported at all. The 2GB Version you were refering to sounds like the same S905 device just with 2G of RAM. That's not the CPU I meant.

LibreELEC

Not yet.
    I'm sorry but this was only posted/quoted by kszaq yesterday.

Asking again is not going to make it happen any quicker.

Dont take it the wrong way.
    Choosing hardware that is not even released cannot be something kszaq
    can advise you on its working with OE.

These images seem amazing. Is there any chance you will build similar images for amlogic s905x based devices? I think the first Nexbox A95X devices with S905x, 2 GB RAM and 16 GB eMMC Storage are available for pre-order now.

Do a little bit of reading before you post. That box and questions about flashing it are covered.
    I know it is your first post but do familiarise yourself with what has been posted. It is only 18 pages at this point.
    Cheers.
    [hr]

I'm using 1gb swap partition, It should not solve the problem?.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I dont use swap partition and not sure how this would help with a box only having 1gb of ram to utilize.
    Sorry i only understand ram swapping between ram modules.
    Thanks

I'm using sd card version and I do not know if it's right, but when I playing full HD video using quasar (8gb average) the device is moving very slowly. Each click responds only after half a minute.

My sd card: SanDisk class 10 16gb.

That is your ram been exhausted. This addon runs out of ram on 1gb boxes causing this.
    It doesn't occur on 2gb boxes. kszaq is aware of ram allocation for video playback is high but you will have to wait for developments.
    Cheers.

You should change it to System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)
    And then it's working like a magic. Thanks.

[hr]
    Only one thing is missing and everything will be perfect. efficiently handling for ram memory.

Sorry
    This skin has no custom item options.
    I'm lost you say "change it to System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)" Change What?
    I use icons in the skin theme and it has a Quit icon, when pressed all power options appear.

I have done this in several skins (I use about 6) by adding it as a submenu option to my 'Shutdown' main menu item. You could also add it as an extra main item on the home menu also. The key is to use 'custom item' when setting up the submenu option.

Where I already have a shutdown menu, I also have the standard reboot as a submenu option. I add 'Reboot Android' as another submenu option. Just add another item to the submenu panel in Kodi as usual, and then click on the 'Change action' setting in the submenu panel. Then, page down till you see 'Custom item' (or something similar) as an option and select that - I think it's the last option on the list. Then type in the following text:-

Exec.System(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)

So far I can only get this to work where you are allowed to enter custom actions. For example, in Xonfluence, I can't find a way of doing this, so I edited the DialogButtonMenu.xml.

The advantage of adding it as a submenu option is that skin upgrades should not remove that setting. I also found that when I added it to one of my skins - it was automatically added to the other skins (those that have the ability to enter 'custom item' that is).

AppTV (DialogButtonMenu.xml.) weiB4E

Hi ukmark62

I need some help with reboot from nand option. Seems you have done this on 6 skins your thoughts would be appreciated.

I have the AppTV skin and i replaced this skin DialogButtonMenu.xml (see above link) with kszaq confluence DialogButtonMenu.xml

I have all the options in "text only" appear one at a time from top.
    See my previous post. LibreELEC

I am 1 step from getting this to work. I believe editing the AppTV file is needed but not sure how to add Reboot to Nand.
    Cheers.
    [hr]

@ acemaxtec

off course I'm using correct software, but problem is still there

on wire is all OK, and in LE both wifi and wired connection work, so is not a big issue

Hi kamacnik1
    I have no issues with wifi in Android. Check my signature below and see if your box matches Android OS.
    Cheers.

OP says power on/off has issues. kszaq is aware of it. We need to give this time to mature and repeating issues that are already marked in the known problems section on the OP isn't necessary.

"This is in a nice tone of voice" not trying to be a dick to you. [emoji4]

Is your suspend problem with your box connected to Wifi. As I remember kszaq said wifi caused some errors with it.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

LibreELEC

Turn OFF wifi Suspend works. Turn it ON and it does not.
    kszaq knows this is an issue

I have no idea about these MXQ Pro Boxes but i think they are going to have more variations than the old "S805 All Black MXQ's"

See link above for help.

Good Luck.

I have MiniMX with nand version openelec 6.95.3.2
    Possible it update to latest libreelec?
    I mean to nand.
    Or i need sd card and restore android to nand?
    Thanks

I had OE on Nand for s805 and just used Update tar to LE.
    You cannot Just UPDATE using this method on NAND from
    OE to LE.
    You must do FRESH INSTALL .zip
    If you can get your Android back to Nand it is much safer so you can test.
    If you cant you have to do fresh install of LE.
    Good Luck.
    P.S: Make a signature like i have at bottom. Helps you when people see what box and version you are on.
    Good Luck