Posts by craggy

Yep, I got it sorted in the end. I used Raybuntus custom Libreelec image which is 64 bit with a 32bit userspace and it resolved the memory leak.
    Had to reinstall my addons to replace some binaries with 32bit versions but it is solid. Running over 3 weeks without a reboot and used daily.

Ok, so this is still happening regularly and now that i've started using the pi3 more i've noticed it happen regularly on that device too.

Here ads links to more logs from a crash which happened just now on my Odroid C2 after it had been idle for a few hours and I tried to use it. The UI responded fine for a minute or two at first but then everything just hung, even SSH refused to connect so a hard reboot was needed.

IeSh
    KheK
    KWVV

If anyone could take a look at the above logs and provide any insight it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I've installed versions of LE 7.9 from Alpha 001 through to 008 on several devices all with the same issue where Kodi randomly hangs and freezes solid with no response, some times after a few hours of being left alone and some times after a day or two.

The devices tested are Intel Computestick Broadwell (Original), Computestick Skylake (Latest), Wintel Pro (Cherrytrail), Pi3 and Odroid C2.
    The pi3 had the least hangs but the rest require 1-2 daily reboots from hangs.

Only addons installed are Plexkodiconnect and On-tapp TV.

Before I go digging out kodi logs and removing addons etc. is anyone else aware of similar hangs with similar devices?

Here is an excerpt from one crash log which may show something obvious to someone:

[New LWP 579]
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
    Core was generated by `/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd'.
    Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    #0 0x00000000007fa73c in __gnu_cxx::__enable_if<std::__is_char<char>::__value, bool>::__type std::operator==<char>(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) ()
    [Current thread is 1 (Thread 0x7f51fff0e0 (LWP 573))]

Thread 48 (Thread 0x7ef33ac0e0 (LWP 579)):
    #0 futex_abstimed_wait_cancelable (private=0, abstime=0x0, expected=0, futex_word=0x7f080794c0) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/futex-internal.h:205
    #1 do_futex_wait (sem=0x7f080794c0, abstime=0x0) at sem_waitcommon.c:111
    #2 0x0000007f822e6648 in __new_sem_wait_slow (sem=0x7f080794c0, abstime=0x0) at sem_waitcommon.c:181
    #3 0x0000007f820c6748 in PyThread_acquire_lock () from /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0
    #4 0x0000007f820c6748 in PyThread_acquire_lock () from /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0
    above line #4 repeated many times with nothing else in the crash log.

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s as it's my first post in this forum, if i'm not asking the right questions or following the rules for posting an issue just tell me, no need to shoot :)