Posts by mytbyte

Side question to folks with S905X units. Anyone able to play HDR videos like the LG demo files properly???

I'm seeing strange things like magenta casts, wrong tone mapping, poor contrast...

I'm using Visio P75-1C TV and Yamaha rXv781 receiver in mode 1 HDMI. Any help appreciated$!

I raised that issue a couple of pages ago...other reports also suggest that s905x default HDR conversion is not confugured right in all s905x boxes...I see you do have a HDR TV and still have trouble so the trouble also extends to teh HDMI output...

The file has the following code:

Code
    insmod /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/compat.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/cfg80211.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
    mount -o bind /lib/modules/qca9377-aml/wlan.ko /lib/modules/3.14.29/kernel/drivers/amlogic/wifi/bcmdhd/dhd.ko

Hmm..where is CR/LF?... Everything seems to be in one line... Also check for spaces before and after lines...

Sent from my GM 5 Plus d using Tapatalk

I'm afraid there's no manual. :( You have to look at kernel source code and play with the parameters to see the results.

Thank you...sadly I don't have such knowledge to decypher kernel source code...for many parameters, when I try to change the number inside parameter file from ssh or nano, it saves OK, but it reverts to default number as soon as I play a video...

Did you execute
    chmod ugo+x ./autostart.sh

ooops, I just did what you suggested and I got wireless working after reboot!!! I guess execute permission was not set far all users?

I only needed to dectivate then re-activate to show available wifi networks! Bluetooth sadly not working...yet ;)

Thank you

P.S. kszaq: I suppose we can't get the manual for available am_vecm parameters and what they do exactly? One would need to aquire amlogic's SDK?

So what you're saying it's actually a disadvantage that it's allowed by default.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No... It doesn't matter, be it on or off (the results are different) both ways are wrong...if it's on, picture is washed out and pale overall, when it's on, the picture has more contrast but blacks are elevated...

Apparently, there is better support for Mini M8S II hardware...

Judging from others sources, none of s905x boxes do HDR well, as I described above... It does some conversion but the result is wrong...most likely an amlogic SDK problem

I need help with enabling wifi chip on my Beelink Mini mxIII II...I read above that some of you have been successful, but I myself can't get it to work...

I installed the latest LE build from the first post that is supposed to have some experimental Aigale support, I created autostart.sh in Configfiles via samba (also did ssh to confirm, Configfiles seems to be the same directory as .config), pasted the lines from the first post, rebooted, but wifi and bluetooth are still unavailable...can anyone please give some quick step-by-step? Also I understand that I don't need any specific device tree files for s905x, right?

Also, can anything be done with the wrong HDR to SDR conversion (blacks are elevated - gray, and gamma is crushed) and BT.2020 to rec.709 conversion? there is a "deep color" option in Android 6.0 display settings that enables bt.2020 support but only as HDMI metadata for the UHD TV to render it properly, it does no colorspace conversion for non-UHD TVs, but something like that would be welcome in LE if at al possible...these are 4K boxes after all ;)

Thanks